Create Account

S53 WFT #1 - Bold Predictions
(This post was last modified: 03-28-2020, 07:43 AM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

Puolivalmiste - TEX goalie White Goodman will be Rookie of the Year

Goodman’s going to be a good one but I’m going to disagree cause I think the Jesster goes to 1 of the Dragons big 2 prospect call ups. Rykov and Weston jump into important roles into the Calgary lineup, both come in with TPE levels of 750+ And both come in with 4 star cup hardware. Rykov and Weston AKA the ‘50’s’ are going to be stars and it’s going to start with ROTY nominations.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Quote:Katth - Toronto will not finish last in the league

I agree with this statement. Beyond the level of talent spread across the league, I think a good amount of coaching can make the difference in the new sim engine and I wont be surprised if they find something that works for them and are able to sneak up a few spots in the standings

Quote:Luke - Toronto will win fewer than 7 games

Disagree. I think Toronto, Tampa Bay, Minnesota, and any other obvious cellar-dweller teams deserve a little more credit than that. It seems entirely reasonable for each of them to win 10 games out of 50 total.
In particular in Toronto, there's established names like Mika Kandinsky and Harry Carpet, who can likely scrounge together those 10 wins. As we've seen in the pre-season, First-Name Last-Name has been a promising rookie whose contributions should definitely help. I think the question isn't "Can Toronto win games?", but rather "Is Toronto tanking?".
Both answers are 'Yes'. It remains to be seen how many wins that will mean for the final total, but I expect it to be more than 7 games.

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

Quote:Fordyford - Hamilton will finish dead last in the league
Lets shoot some fish in the barrel.

Even if people want this I see no way it could happen. Hamilton has good amount of people on good tpe levels, including their goalie being one of the best. Also with FHM update scales there can actually be difference between golies over 1.2k tpe.

But most important thing that will make sure Hamilton makes their way to playoffs (even to cup) is their experience with FHM. Based on what I heard Teddy already had lots of FHM experience before transfer and being helped by few others from Hamilton means they might have edge on tactics over most if not all other teams and their builds might be most streamlined out of all teams after such testing period.

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me

Luke - Toronto will win fewer than 7 games

Of course Toronto will win fewer than 7 games. I don’t even mean that as a slight at the team’s roster, it’s just that it’s vaguely possible and would crush the hearts of fans of Toronto sports, meaning that it must happen.

[Image: tomhanks.gif]

[Image: TH-Sig_.gif?width=479&height=337]
(This post was last modified: 03-28-2020, 10:20 AM by Aephino.)

Donini - Winnipeg will make the playoffs

Yeah I do not see any way this is happening... We all witnessed the draft fiasco and some interesting choices were made for them to acquire the 1oa pick. That trade doesn't happen with a team that is trying to make playoffs. They are rebuilding--and fair play to them, they picked up Magnus who is awesome--and it will show this season. That, alongside with new management, I give them a 0.01% chance of making playoffs. Actually, 0.001% chance. Not gonna happen.

[Image: UCTqPUg.png]

Luke - Edmonton will miss the playoffs

That's silly, Edmonton is stacked and is still on an upwards trend with all the new acquisitions they made that are gonna be coming up. But this year, with their great defense mixed with an experienced Goalie and a killer offense, the playoffs are already a lock!

[Image: brown_team_siggy.png]

Code:
JayWhy - The Chicago Syndicate are going to be top 3 in the league in both goals for and goals against

BOLD: But it will happen. Looking at its test sims, Chicago puts the puck in the net. They are very top heavy, with their first line carrying the load and then the depth isnt really there that much. I would not be surprised if they are one of the teams with the most goals for and against, also being a top team in the league with one of the lower averages TPE compared to the other top teams at the end of the season

[Image: Bruins10.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic , @Ragnar and @sulovilen for the sexy Signature

i think WPG just needs a bit more time, maybe a season or so, before they think about making playoffs. not to discredit them, theyve got some strong players and have made some moves, they just need some time to marinate.

bbjygm - Hamilton will do well and everybody will be very calm and cool about it when they do

Against:Screw Hamilton, they will forever be known as the assclowns that ruined things for everyone, can only hope they have a curse on them and they won't win another cup for 50 seasons

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

Luke - Edmonton will miss the playoffs

Maybe yeah. I have a feeling that because of the switch to FHM there are a lot of unknowns. It doesn't matter how many 'seasons' you test simmed, and played with all the setting of this new sim, its just that, a new sim, and I truly believe anything can happen, even Edmonton missing the playoffs.

[Image: WtrC9qy.png]

FalconsJapanpride

Winnipeg will make the playoffs

I don't even believe this to be that bold. Winnipeg will be led by Nick Brain and Goku Merto, a lethal 1-2 scoring punch. On top of that, they have a solid group of young defenders and seasoned forwards to lead them to the playoffs.

[Image: dakiller11.gif]
somebody please make me a sig

Code:
Donini - Winnipeg will make the playoffs

I think Winnipeg will definitely miss the playoffs in a stacked western conference. With teams like Calgary, Edmonton, Los Angeles, New Orleans, and San Francisco all being ahead of them right now they'll be hard pressed to make the playoffs. Or have to get extremely lucky.

[Image: thedangazone.gif]

Luke - Toronto will win fewer than 7 games

Yeah, i can see it happening, and i think Toronto wont mind. They wanna keep picking high up in the order to land good players. I think they will tank and keep a low profile.

RETIRED

Hamilton will finish dead last in the league.

There are many other teams, all of which could finish last. Assuming that there are three teams equally bad as Hamilton, the chances of this happening are one in four, or 25%. The actual chances of Hamilton having last spot are probably even lower than that. But Hamilton is certainly not going to win. That's as likely as an asteroid striking their rink in the middle of a game exactly.

[Image: x9gTXZa.gif]

S48 Four Star Cup Champion (Vancouver Whalers)