Create Account

Summary of Power Rankings – Ranking the top Lines of all 16 Teams

(450 words, ready for grading)

Click here for the position power rankings:

||Center||Left Wing||Right Wing||Defense||Goalie||

I just wanted to do a quick recap of the Power Rankings that I made this week by averaging their scores to determine who has the best possible top line according to my analysis. As an aside, this isn’t a ranking of the teams overall, because it doesn’t take into account depth – just a teams best possible top line. This will be short and sweet, so here we go:

16: West Kendall Platoon Platoon , Av Rank: 14.17
15: Toronto North Stars Stars , Av Rank: 13.17
14: Tampa Bay Barracuda Barracuda , Av Rank: 12.33
13: Texas Renegades Renegades , Av Rank: 11.83
12: Minnesota Chiefs Chiefs , Av Rank: 10.50
11: Los Angeles Panthers Panthers , Av Rank: 9.33
10: Winnipeg Jets Jets , Av Rank: 8.67
9: Hamilton Steelhawks Steelhawks , Av Rank: 7.83
8: Edmonton Blizzard Blizzard , Av Rank: 7.83
7: Chicago Syndicate syndicate , Av Rank: 7.17
6: Calgary Dragons Dragons , Av Rank: 7.00
5: New Orleans Specters Specters , Av Rank: 6.67
4: San Francisco Pride pride , Av Rank: 6.17
3: New England Wolfpack Wolfpack , Av Rank: 5.5
2: Buffalo Stampede Stampede , Av Rank: 4.83
1: Manhattan Rage Rage , Av Rank: 3.00

Not all together unsurprising with the rankings. Some interesting things I noticed:

-         Los Angeles is pretty low in the overall rankings for a playoff team. They were the 10th overall team in the league last year, so I guess it is not too surprising, but with a few high rankers in Philipp Winter and Max Mauldin, I would have thought they were higher than 11th.

-         Texas and Toronto are saved from the absolute bottom here by one top 10 representative each, Harry Carpet for Toronto (6th) and Andreas Kvalheim (2nd) for Texas. Otherwise, they both had pretty low rankings in the top line players.

-         West Kendall got last, not to my surprise. They are rebuilding, and the highest rankers were their D pair at 13.

-         Edmonton is ranked ahead of Hamilton here, despite them being tied in average ranking. It was tight, but Edmonton had the edge here because they had 2 top 5 rankings, whereas Hamilton only had one.

-         New England’s ranking has to hurt. They missed the playoffs, yet have the 3rd ranked top line in the league. The addition of Rex Kirkby helps that ranking a lot, so they will hope that the team performs better in S53.

-         No Surprise to anyone who has read that Manhattan is ranked number one. As I was ranking/writing, it was abundantly clear they had one of, if not the best top lines in the league. Luke Thomason was the only position to actually rank number 1, but the lowest ranking they had was #4.

Thanks Wasty, Carpy, JSS, TurdFerguson, Geekusoid and Awesomecakes for the sigs!
[Image: reidsuth.gif]

Great series! I enjoyed reading them!

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies     S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK     Grizzlies

Great series, enjoyed reading about them

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]