Create Account

S53 PT #2 - April Fools

As a ninja raised in the woods, Yoshimitsu McCloud lacked the knowledge of what an April Fools' Day is, so he ended up not really taking part in any sort of attempt of a prank as nobody ever really bothered to teach him what the day was. Suffice to say, the rest of the Platoon imagined that was a prank on its' own right and tried their best to explain what it was, failing to do so for most of the day until someone finally managed to get it through to him. Yoshi, known reasonably well as a rather outlandish person, responded with an eyebrow raise, observing them before shrugging that "this entire business sounds rather stupid to me but that's American culture for you". He then narrowly dodged a flying cake that was aimed at his head, slicing it in two with his sword as it moved past him. From that day on, it was decided that it was for the best that nobody pranked him.

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR

Magnus is a bit of a practical joker, so April's Fools is a good one for him to do. This year, his prank would be relatively good natured, and do no harm to everyone. It might be basic, but a classic one never fails! What Magnus will do is go to practice early, and hide plastic insects, such as cockroaches, tarantulas, and wasps all over the place. Lockers, bathroom mirrors, even in the toilets! Maybe add some snakes into it for some variety! So what will happen is that when someone opens their locker, for example, a plastic insect will swing out and smack them in the face for effect! Another good place to hide them is in someone's gloves or skates, especially with an extra helping of baby oil so that they are slippery and do not feel so plastic. The fact that the baby oil also makes them hard to get out just makes it an even better idea.

[Image: hgcI1ti.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-30-2020, 10:05 PM by Lyezech.)

Shoutouts to PadWrap for hooking me up with these swiss cheese beauts Strom's gonna find in his stall April 1st
[Image: nRyffT0.png]

[Image: lyezech.gif]
Player Page || Updates
[Image: 15Ng51w.png]         

Ensio Kalju, a scholar and a gentleman. Never much of a prankster, but since the april fools day is a special moment - why not try something? Ensio has spent time in a few locker rooms during his career, so only natural that he started to think about what kind of pranks has been done in the past. Then it hit him, years ago while still playing in Edmonton, the greybeards in the team pulled a prank on still very green Ensio. The prank was called the batwing.

Years have moved on, Ensio is an old man now, so it was time. It was time to use the batwing in New England. The logistics of the prank is simple, need to have an element of surprise and ideally only one or two targets, but this time Ensio wanted to prank the whole team.

During morning skate one day, Ensio waited that everybody went to the ice and started to make his way to the media room. Ensio filmed a short clip earlier that he was planning to show from the jumbotron to the whole team. In the video, you can see Ensio bending over towards the camera while stretching the skin of his holy stones. That is the batwing.

Players on the ice heard a voice: can I have a moment of your time please - look up to the jumbotron.

The video started playing and everybody saw it. Prank was completed

Ensio lost 4 weeks salary because of the prank.

PBE Affiliate

[Image: 15Ng51w.png][Image: draNOgf.png]

I was working out in the gym the other day, when I remembered that April Fools Day was coming up! I immediately started plotting against Fred Wanesly because I am sure that Fred pranked me last season by replacing my water with pickle juice. I knew I had to one-up him somehow, and I knew it had to be pickle-related. On the day I pulled off the prank, I sliced a ton of pickles that morning in very fine pieces. Then, I packed them in a sandwich bag and brought them to training. I distracted Fred by having him run back to my car for me, then I took out the soles in his skates, and filled the bottoms with small pickle slices. I replaced the soles and no one was the wiser. Fred skated the whole practice without noticing, then at the end of practice he took off his skates, and the bottom of his feet were soaked in pickle juice! He laughed it off, but was pissed at how bad his skates smelled now. Also, he removed the pickles, and I'm pretty sure I saw Zoltan eat them...

[Image: UCTqPUg.png]

PBE Cross Claim

[Image: kpALfz6.jpg]
Gritty McGritterson Player Page
Gritty McGritterson Update Page

S53 Four Star Cup Champion- Detroit Falcons
S56 Challenge Cup Champion - Hamilton Steelhawks

April Fools Day is not something that C.T. Carragher is really into. He thinks that it's pretty much a pointless tradition that can sometimes lead to more bad than good. So instead of pranking his teammates by doing something devious, he's just going to tell a story of something that someone did during his junior hockey days. It was April 1st and everyone had just finished practice. Then it was time to go take an ice bath as per the trainer's orders. When the players got into the ice baths, they soon realized that they were not alone in the water. Each bath had two live salmon in them. It was perhaps the most random thing that C.T. Carragher had ever seen, but it has stuck with him to this day. Each time he has to go take an ice bath, April Fools or not, C.T. always checks to make sure there's no fish in there with him!

[Image: 2JcMUJm.png]

I decided to do an April Fools day prank on my new rookie teammates from Europe, Jakob Hamr and Thomas Vanice. The are recent grads from the SMJHL and have played their first SHL games today, very exciting! I decided they are easy targets for pranks, being the new players and all, so before our morning skate I took some clear sock tape and put it on the bottom of their skate blades. You can't see the tape unless you look closely, but as soon as they stepped on the ice their blades couldn't dig into the ice and they fell! Hilarious!

Sadly they ended up hitting their heads in the falls and now I am suspended by the team for giving concussions to our new rookies. But I would like to think that everyone had a great time and found it very hilarious. Well if they were able to remember what happened, I guess. All in all, once the concussions clear up I think we can call it a successful prank.

Code:
172 words

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

This April fool’s day will be very special for me because we (Slappy Doodles wife and I) Plan to surprise him with some exciting news… WE’RE PREGNANT! This prank started out as a real life scare, one of the most exotic woman I’ve ever seen (Slappy’s wife) and Slappy came to of of my very sought after parties a couple of months ago before this entire virus thing started. After a long drunken discussion we had decided to wife swap. It was a wonderful night for me, I can’t say for sure if it was for my girlfriend because she wasn’t speaking to me for several days afterward. Anyway I digress, a couple of weeks ago Slappy’s wife contacted me about a pregnancy test she had recently taken, she also wanted to know what I was wearing at the time but again I digress, her real fear was that this baby might have been mine and that would just cause way too much tension in the McDoodle Household. I was able to put her mind at ease that I had gotten a Vasectomy a few years back and so this baby is for sure Slappy’s. Congrats Slappy!

[Image: Depositphotos-46829959-original-1024x602.jpg]

In terms of April's Fools, one has to wonder how on Earth the tradition started in the first place? Well I just checked and it turns out that people believe it began with the Canterbury Tales, which quite frankly is too boring to read right now and figure out. Fortunately I have never been pranked in real life and or on the ice so instead what I will do is reference a beautiful prank a friend of mine pulled off twice with dramatic effect. What he did was he would leave an online ad for a free couch, something that looked relatively nice and usually leather. Then my friend would leave the phone number of the friend he wanted to prank and state that if you do call, the person who has the free couch only understands Mandarin or some other language. This results in the most hilarious and torturous phone calls in which the person being pranked is bombarded with people calling in a different language and asking about a free couch. Highly effective, however, be careful if you try to pull it off!

186 words

[Image: p82ugau.png]

April Fool's joke for Minamino and his teammates would be simple but also require a large coordinated effort from everybody. We all know how much Harrington loves to spend time working on his hair, growing it out but rarely getting it cut. What we've done is collected a bunch of locks either from having the same hair dresser and getting them involved or similar looking hair from elsewhere. Day of, we'll drop a few of them by his feet and in the shower inconspicuously wondering who's been shedding so much hair. Before practice, we'll try to stuff some into his helmet before he puts it on. This stuff will probably have some very weak adhesive that would melt in a bit of head. With his lid on, the fake hair will become unstuck and ready to fall off. Combine that with getting the local rink guys to cover up all the nearby mirrors and hiding Harrington's phone, everybody will just act surprised about how patchy his head has become as he runs in order to find some way to check how it's looking.

[Image: 1rdovVs.gif]

[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]

After watching some videos on youtube talking to some NHL players about pranks that have happened, as one of the younger guys on the team, I think it is only right that we have to initiate the rookies. First, by pranking them and also by having them prank the vets a little, maybe even the coaches if were in a good mood. The traditional water bucket against the door is a great trick that can really piss people off, especially the hotel workers. Ive seen some things aswell like the olive squat or the cookie race, even heard of some people pranking by putting gold fishes in peoples drinks when they arent expecting it. Nothing cruel in that matter or really embarassing, just enough to get a laugh.

Better make sure to check your blades before going on the ice boys, that tape is gonna be hard to see. Also, can always put some water in the knob of the stick so it feels all screwed up. If you really hate someone, you put some cement inside and that stick is officially ruined. The team equipment manager is going to hate you guaranteed, but also have to see if there is enough stock for the team to start wasting sticks on pranks

[Image: Bruins10.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic , @Ragnar and @sulovilen for the sexy Signature

Carlos doesn't really care about April fool's because to him, everyday is a good opportunity for being a nuisance to his teammates. loosening the cap of water bottles, hiding equipment, on-ice shenanigans, Carlos loves to mess with somebody at least once a day to keep himself balanced. If he doesn't for a few days then he'll pull something big and he can even be a danger to himself or others. Back in his younger days, on April's fools, Carlos once spread Canola oil all over the shower bathroom. A teammate of his, a brilliant goaltender, slipped and fell badly on his arm and he was never able to play hockey again. Carlos carries that memory with him now as he aims to never do something so dangerous again. But he can't promise it won't happen, he's not one to think of consequences when it comes to his own actions.

[Image: brown_team_siggy.png]

Danny's not really one for pranks on any day, but if he were to hatch a pranking plot, it would have to be relatively harmless and easy to fix.
With that in mind, Danny would make a ring around the locker room of skates that have been mixed up and tied together. He'd include his own skates, to make as big of a ring as he can. Nobody would have their skates sitting (roughly) in front of their locker, and no "pair" of skates would match owners. Danny would have Zapo's left skate and Jericson's right. Dangel would have Doyle's right skate, while 90° around the circle, Lockwood has her left. No one is safe, not even the trainers and coaches. Every possible skate is tied together with nice, neat bow knots. 
Now that Fish is in Buffalo, Zapo is usually the first to the rink every morning. Danny knows that it's a two hour time frame to work in before he has to get out of the room. He'd hide behind the counter in the team shop, which is just opening about the same time. He'd hide out long enough to come in at his normal time.

But, Danny's not really one for pranks, so it's kind of a moot point.

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!