Create Account

S53 SMJHL Offseason Time-Waster #2: Preseason

I cannot speak for the rest of the team - but if i could pinpoint Carolina's weakness it'd be consistency - we usually get a hot start, and blow it - we need to become a clutch 3rd period team. Despite our poor preseason results, I'm certain that this season will be a little better than last.

With that being said, my -6 and 1 assist isn't good enough - my primary focus is an aggressive intimidator, but i need to play a slightly bigger role offensively.

The team has for sure it’s weak points. We put up good performances, just to completely fall asleep for few minutes and give up way too many goals, to the point, where we can’t score as much. We still have young players, and the start of season may look rough, but towards the end I’m pretty sure, we will get much better. We also still have to figure out the lines.

Doing a podcast, ask me any question: HERE
[Image: unknown.png][Image: sig.png][Image: viticek.png]
Thanks to @caltroit_red_flames and @sve7en for these amazing sigs!

I think the best part about ANC this preseason has been the team mentality of the squad. We all take the feedback from our coaches after a game and take it to practice for the week. No one gets butt hurt about playtime too. Just care about the final result. Definitely showed this preseason after winning 6 in a row so hopefully we keep it rolling come next week! Armada

[Image: honkerrs.gif]
[Image: OPTIMIZED.png]

I thought for the most part we had a pretty decent preseason from scoring and controlling games we looked really good. One thing we could work on is just playing a fully 60 minutes and maybe just cleaning up some of the defensive play but aside from that I think we're going to fair well this year.

[Image: saOYcls.png]

I think the pre-season for St. Louis was a little bit of a letdown.  We went 4 and 3 with one of the losses being in a shoot-out.  With the team that was coming back, we were not as dominate in the offensive end and allowed more shots on goal than we had.  We need to work on our defensive end and transition so that we can get the puck out of our end faster and with more crispness so that we can have better shots on goal.

I think we played well in the preseason, but as we all know, preseason success means nothing in the regular season, or in the playoffs. I would say that if our rookies continue to grow at a good pace, that we have the potential to do well. I was a little worried about our goalies, but Scoochie Stratton has been playing quite well.

[Image: 49775_s.png]
Thanks to Budgie and Carpy for the sigs!

Player || Updates

Newfoundland looked like a bunch of beauts on the ice. The team is relatively young and will only get better as the season goes on. I am very pleased with the group that we have here and look forward to seeing how the team develops in the seasons to come. Klompus is looking like a gem already but definitely needs to work on defensive game going forward.

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]

We played pretty good, but we could play better. Individualy I played pretty good, got some assist. We could improve our defense thats why Im here. I think we need to be more active and then we could win a championship. We have a lot of good players and I think no one realy could beat us. Only we can beat ourselves.

[Image: QqjQFxx.png]
[Image: zdXC6eb.png] [Image: 8b7dmkE.png]

Overall, we in Anaheim definitely have our work cut out for us. After graduating a majority of our defenders this season, we've basically been exposed (save Alex), but thankfully have some fantastic goalies and two-way forwards to cover up for our mistakes. We have some room to improve both in terms of the eye test and on paper, though I suspect that will come with time. I'm very pleased to see we've signed some excellent prospects in the interim.

[Image: qgldMOE.png]
Thanks @Amidships!

The Outlaws had a decent showing during pre-season. Obviously, there are some new faces in the lineup which means there are kinks to be worked out, but that comes with practice. They seem to be strong offensively, but the forwards may need to offer more support to the defense in their own zone.

[Image: 0m0U8dD.png]

I think we faired very well, We had 2 games decided by one goal in the last minute which shouldn't be terribly hard to fix, especially since I'm the lowest rookie on the team I feel it's my duty to pick up my own slack and produce better defense for my team, I know they'd appreciate it. Our scoring was obviously good, some games more than others, and our goalie's have been remarkable more often than not. all in all, this season will be a great one for Kelowna, And I plan on making it happen as well as with the help of my team.

We didn’t have the best pre season but it could have been a lot worse I guess. I think our offense needs to get better but I’m not good at that. I hope that me and the rest of the defense can keep the score low so the offense doesn’t have to work as hard I guess.

[Image: snail.png]

I think we are going to take a bit of time to gel but the team looks really good if you look into the future. There are some many young talented players on the team, it is only going to get better. I feel, on a personal level, the players are very devoted to  the team and to themselves to improve as much as possible. Looks like a great time to start off in a new league.

The Berserkers locker room is full of banter and constant joking with some serious talk in there. This is managed by our god GMs JHN and SD. Constant talking is also managed by our great users and having nice split of North American, North Americans with fucked up sleep schedule and Europeans. Truly a great locker room

Finland Update Page  Interview  Player Page  Wolfpack

[Image: Snussu.gif]

Thanks to everyone made sigs to me!!!! (Gif made by myself)

The Newfoundland Berserkers have been beyond impressive this past preseason, and have shown a lot to look forward to for the upcoming season. With strong line chemistry, the Berserkers are a well rounded team excelling in all positions of the ice, and will look to make a strong playoff push for this season and seasons to come.

57 words

[Image: OzriPox.png]

Player Page - Update Page

artermis,Feb 2 2017, 04:11 PM Wrote:9gag pretty lit tho