Create Account

S53 SMJHL Offseason Time-Waster #2: Preseason

We are looking good for a young squad. I was happily impressed by Amundson's play all-around. As we grow in TPE and experience we will only get better. Our potential overall is off the charts and having the leaders we do will push the skilled players to optimize their builds and allow the goalies to hide behind a bit as they grow too.

[Image: Wally.png]

The Scarecrows looked really good in preseason. We definitely are strong in net with Doyle as well as having some very experienced forwards. The team is definitely in a good place for moving forward into this season. If anything needs to be improved upon it would be the defense. The forwards showed a much higher tendency towards being above 50% GR and while the same is true for the defense, there were a few more holes due to only have 6 defenders versus 12 forwards.

[Image: jericson112.gif]
[Image: 5p7vOwY.png][Image: NA3IV5m.png]

My team’s preseason went pretty well. The team connected very quickly and I felt comfortable from the start. I was able to score a goal, but overall the offense needs to pick it up a notch. To be elite, we need to score more. Our defense was solid, but I think my defense needs to improve.

I'm very glad about how my preseason turned out. On a collective level, we were competitive and won more game than we lost. Everyone puts in his contribution and we work as a team, like a pack of raptors on the hunt. I never considered the raptor in my top-5 favourite dinosaurs, but now I think this might change. There's definitely an argument to be made for it, it might even get in the top-3. I'm happy to be one too. I haven't been the best player on the team but I do my part defensively and even got some assists in. I really hope I'll get to score a goal early into the season too, that would be very nice.

[Image: lespoils.gif]

I was very pleased with the way my player and team performed during the pre-season. We ran up the score on a couple occasions, and I can think of at least one game where we were down going into the third period and came back to win the game in the end, one time in shootout. Our rookies were all getting around 5 points each during the preseason, and for a team that has a lot of rookie talent up and down the roster it's important that we are getting production from those players.

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/glswenson.gif[/img]

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/agentchadjohnson.gif[/img]

Considering the younger defensive blue line after many callups this past Championship season, we did alright this offseason. However, the Outlaws will be hard pressed to keep their amazing goalie duo well protected this season. While the defense is ready and primed, we'll need to read the plays a little bit better as the season goes on, and limit the chances with solid positioning, and team work. Layers, Layers, Layers of defense!

The Kraken's didn't start off too hot. We have a lot of growing pains to get through as we are quite young. However, that means that we can grow a heck of a lot faster than the other teams, especially with the vets we have around us. There is a lot more in store for the Kraken's, and we are going to capitalize on every opportunity that presents itself.

[Image: panico.png]

The Newfoundland Berzerkers looked clinical this offseason. The draft has really filled the team with deadly players, and with some key FA signings, they look poised to run the show this year. Defensively the team may be in a bit of trouble, but all of that should be shored up by the midseason. Look for these guys to make a deep run into this year’s cup.

[Image: bouch22.jpg?ex=65381617&is=6525a117&hm=6...178839271&] [Image: VGl3CB4.png]

Sammy Koa sadly had to be quarantined during the off season, and was not able to play at all, however, that doesn't mean he didn't put on a show. Since the Preseason began Sammy Koa has eaten 12 frozen pizzas, 2 tubs of ice cream, orderd McDonalds delivery 3 times, and 2 family size bags of nacho cheese Doritos. Koa's work hasn't stopped in the pantry either though, as he has been able to make his way to the couch every afternoon for a 3 hour siesta. Pro numbers from Koa that we an only expect to continue into the regular season.

[Image: 6Xj1IWG.png]

Player Page || Update Thread || Signatures

[Image: PoQh1Wx.png] [Image: rmu9FS0.png][Image: VxdFjLy.png][Image: QKcW3J4.png] [Image: RoypPRF.png]