Create Account

Kalakar AMA
(This post was last modified: 03-30-2020, 07:44 PM by Kalakar.)

Code:
Ready for grading

A few other users have done AMAs and I thought it was a cool idea, so why not do one myself?

I joined the site over a year ago in one of the biggest draft class ever, was hired as a backup simmer not long after, when people were telling me I should avoid that job at all costs. I then became then SMJHL main simmer in S50, and haven't looked back since!

AMA about anything SHL related or not.

golden_apricot:
Quote:Why are you the best simmer?
I think that's debatable. JR has been doing a fantastic job since he got hired, and he doesn't even need a backup simmer! I think it's great we have 2 consistent simmers as it's a huge part of the site.
Quote:Who has the best goal song so far?
Well despite what happened in the Newfoundland game, no teams had actually submitted goal horns at the time. Now both Maine and Anchorage have submitted goal horns, and I enjoy Anchorage's goal horn the most between the 2 teams. I think Maine should've gone with their tree falling goal horn idea, but that's only my opinion. We'll see what the other teams come up with!

Quote:Excited for FHM or nah considering you have more hours on sths than 99% of us?
It's a different beast for sure, but I've enjoyed simming on FHM so far. Teams now have a lot more choices, it's fun to see all the different flags on rosters, and people can look up the players' biographies so it feels more real I guess? Also the fact that FHM is on Steam, so I don't have to buy 2 licenses if I have to sim on my laptop for some reason as I had to for a few sims in STHS is helpful. My sleeping schedule is already thankful I can sleep in on days off and I don't have to get up almost an hour earlier to sim in the morning when I have to get to work. I think the pbps have been fun so far, and it's great to see 30-40 consistent viewers watching the SMJHL sim every day. I'm very excited to see how it's gonna look during the playoffs.

sve7en:
Quote:How make player best player
Ask Jack Kanoff, he knows a thing or 2 about that.

Briedaqueduc:
Quote:Would you recommend people to pick up the simmer job?
It's a routine job, you need a lot of free time, and especially now with FHM we've started to sim some pbp games. It's not for everyone and people expect you to be there every single day to sim, so you really need to think ahead irl to have time to sim every day. Fortunately these past seasons I was simming before heading to work so I just had to wake up earlier to add on to my morning routine so it wasn't that much of a deal. Now with the schedule change, I really need to clear 2 hours every day between 3pm to 6pm to be able to stream the games. It hasn't been an issue so far, and I don't think it will, but it's something I have to think about a little more going forward. It's a hard job sometimes, but if someone is interested in simming, they can dip their toes and apply for the back up simmer job currently open. It's literally a free 1 mil per season, I assure you. 

Quote:Is it true that you purposefully make Jack Kanoff bad?
I would never do that to Jeff. The screenshot with his stats all lowered to 5 was only for screenshot purposes, I switched them back right after, and he went on to have 3 points yesterday!

Quote:How can you play Rocket League so well on mouse and keyboard?
When I bought the game 4 years ago already, I had no controller to play it with, so I just started playing with mouse and keyboard. I gradually became better over time and I think I bought a controller for a different game last year, but at that time I was already a platinum player in rocket league, so I didn't want to go back to the basics and learning how to play on a controller. Since then, I've dabbled a little bit with it, but I really suck at it so it's like I don't want to spend the time to get better on a controller even though in the long run, I'd probably be better on a controller than mouse and keyboard, so now I'm stuck with it.

Quote:Dogs or cats?
I currently have a cat, but growing up I've had both. I had a german sheperd/labrador mix growing up and it was a great dog but later in his life he developed illnesses and no medicine ever worked so that sucked a lot. I've had a blue point himalayan cat for 4 years now I think, and it's a great little ball of fur but god damn is there cat hair everywhere now. In the future I would really like a siberian husky or a bengal cat.

Quote:Do you have an idea of what your next player will be? Name, position, nation, etc
So as a big fantasy reader I've named Matt Kholin based on the Stormlight Archives series, and I've enjoyed going down that path so I'll probably do something similar with my recreate. I named my NSFL player after another fantasy series that I enjoyed, so it'll probably be based on something I've finished reading at the time I'm ready to recreate. With the switch the FHM, I've been thinking about recreating as a defenseman. They seem very much in demand, and seem more of a focus than in STHS. As for the nation, I've thought about it in the past, and I'll do one of two things. #1, I've liked the idea of recreating from a nation that I've visited irl, so right now that would be Great Britain, Czechia, and Switzerland and it's not looking like I'll recreate any time within the next year so I could add Japan to that list. #2 would be recreating from a nation that doesn't have a IIHF team, and wait for a call from one of those nations to make sure I would be a good fit and not recreate blindly.

Quote:Plans for the future of Matt Kholin?
The future is uncertain. I know I'd like to play for at least 20 seasons so that would be S66 but I will probably stretch it just a bit to recreate in S70. I know S69 will probably be a huge class, but I like the idea of being in a class later and then joining a team full of sophomore active players. I also like the idea of skipping a season and still sim just to mess with people asking why I'd still sim without an active player in the league. I haven't been able to catch the SHL preseason sims, but I think Tampa lost all their games? So that doesn't look good for the regular season. Granted I think everyone is still learning how things work and we'll find a way to fight for playoffs hopefully. To be honest, Kholin has been on autopilot for awhile now, since I spend a lot of time working on the SMJHL sim, and even more so now with FHM, so I don't even have time to look at the SHL.

Quote:Why do you think pissing in the shower is acceptable?
Why do you think it's not? I'll remind you of this poll and the results are in my favor. Now scientists around the world should look to see if there's a correlation between people that piss in the shower and those that have tested positive for coronavirus. I piss in the shower and I'm fairly certain I don't have coronavirus. Checkmate.

Quote:Best branding in the SHL? And in the SMJHL?
I think the best branding in the SHL is Edmonton, close behind are Manhattan, San Francisco and Toronto. A mention to Chicago as well, I think their new logo is looking a lot better than the original. I just really like all of their logos and color scheme. As for the SMJHL, I like Colorado and Carolina, the new Kelowna logo has grown on me and Newfoundland's logo is sharp. Anaheim's Outlungus is pretty funny. 

Quote:Favorite teammate in Team Canada?
It's you bb. The whole crew has been very fun to hang out with to be honest, you, Gabe, Jeff, Naosu, Noka, Mills, Ace and Ferda. The rocket league games are a ton of fun and I'm glad to have found you guys!

Quote:Is Gabe Johnson a good Fed Head?
If he stops breaking rules and getting us punished, I'd say yes. The LR has been more active since he took over and with us getting Ace our future is set between the pipes. We have tons of young people trying to crack the lineup so I'm not too worried about that, we only need to get better together and we'll see the gold soon I'm sure of it.

Quote:Why do you keep saying kekw?
Kekw

Quote:When will the Montreal Canadiens be good?
I think as long as the old boys club is managing the team, as long as we have Bergevin/Julien leading us, and as long as they will care about having a french canadian coach over a better english speaking coach we will suck. I've been watching since the early 2000s, and it's always been the same. They'd rather draft a french canadian to appease the media and the fans, than a better player. They need to get their heads out of the sand, it's 2020. Also our draft record is atrocious, so we really need a new scouting team to find us some NHL talent. Our recent drafts have been decent I think, but time will tell if we'll make any of those prospects into NHL players. When was the last time we had a legit superstar? A player in the top 10 in the NHL in points? I wasn't even alive.

Quote:Should we fire Claude Julien? Or Marc Bergevin?
I'd fire both tbh. Julien is stuck in the past and Bergevin is on what, year 7 of his 5 years plan to win the stanley cup? He still denies we need to rebuild, all he thinks about is trying to make the playoffs and then anything can happen, or so he says. One thing I'm glad for about having no hockey lately is that I can't watch that trash team play anymore.

Quote:Favorite Habs player?
Jesperi Kotkaniemi of course. He's been a real treat to watch in his rookie season and off the ice. He meshes really well with Mete and it's fun to watch them both off the ice. I'm glad he was sent down to Laval this season, he needs some work but I think he could be a good player for us in the future.

Quote:Favorite player across all the NHL playing currently? What about of all time?
McDavid probably, he's just so insane. The highlight reels don't do justice, he's too good. Close second would be Mackinnon. He's got magic hands. That goal a few years back in Team NA vs Lundqvist? Damn. All time, since I started watching around 2000s, during the Colorado vs Detroit rivalry, I really liked Sergei Fedorov and Peter Forsberg. Colorado and Detroit were so stacked, it's crazy to think about it. I've never had a single player that I loved more than others, I think I just picked the big stars from other teams since the habs had none back when I started watching. Sakic, Kariya, Hasek, Jagr, Belfour, Mogilny. Hossa and Kovalchuk in the Atlanta days. And as someone from Montreal, it was nice to watch Lemieux, Lecavalier, St. Louis, Brodeur play.

Snoopdogg:
Quote:1)What does kekw mean or stand for?
So kekw is a Twitch emote that started from this video. It's a way to convey laughter and it's gotten very popular. I think the emote itself is funny, and now I'm pretty much using it in any situation on Discord.

Quote:2)How many sim seasons you have going on at the same time?
I don't fully understand that question, but seasons are simmed one at a time, one day at a time. So right now the file is ready for the opening day on monday, and every day I'll be simming a few in game days so that every team plays 2-3 games a day, and the season will last 25 irl days.

jfisherr:
Quote:At what point do you stop being a Canadiens fan?
I can't, it's a law in Montreal that all citizens must be Habs fans. I might not have watched them a lot in the past seasons but I'll always be a fan. They'll come back one day. Hopefully, I'll still be alive when that happens.

Quote:Dark mode or light mode?
Light mode best mode of course.

Quote:Any idea on how to make IIHF fair with the switch to FHM?
You're asking the wrong person, I'm just the simmer! I'm sure Velevra, Nykonax and notoriousTRON will come up with cool ideas to keep IIHF fun for everyone in FHM.

Quote:How will Kholin handle all the losing in TB this season?
With booze and hookers. On a more serious note, I haven't really cared about the SHL in awhile, since I'm the SMJHL simmer, I tend to care more about the junior league and its players. It seems to be a recurring thing in Tampa though, so hopefully we can get better soon and not lose any more players to inactivity.

RainDelay:
Quote:Why should I take you in round 1 of the NSFL Draft?
I mean you shouldn't, I'm barely active in that league. I'm sure there are way better prospects coming up in the draft, but I couldn't name you a single one. I don't even know the NSFL teams.

notorioustig:
Quote:Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
You've got to be kidding me. I've been further even more decided to use even go need to do look more as anyone can. Can you really be far even as decided half as much to use go wish for that? My guess is that when one really been far even as decided once to use even go want, it is then that he has really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like. It's just common sense.

[Image: Kalakar1.gif]

Why are you the best simmer?

Who has the best goal song so far?

Excited for FHM or nah considering you have more hours on sths than 99% of us?

How make player best player

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

Would you recommend people to pick up the simmer job?

Is it true that you purposefully make Jack Kanoff bad?

How can you play Rocket League so well on mouse and keyboard?

Dogs or cats?

Do you have an idea of what your next player will be? Name, position, nation, etc

Plans for the future of Matt Kholin?

Why do you think pissing in the shower is acceptable?

Best branding in the SHL? And in the SMJHL?

Favorite teammate in Team Canada?

Is Gabe Johnson a good Fed Head?

Why do you keep saying kekw?

When will the Montreal Canadiens be good?

Should we fire Claude Julien? Or Marc Bergevin?

Favorite Habs player?

Favorite player across all the NHL playing currently? What about of all time?

[Image: BriePK.gif]
|Canada |Steelhawks| Armada|

|Canada| Inferno| Knights|

[Image: unknown.png]

Only 2 questions for ya!

1)What does kekw mean or stand for?
2)How many sim seasons you have going on at the same time?

[Image: Snoopdogg.gif]
    [Image: d9J5DHT.png]        norway      [Image: d9J5DHT.png]

Answered @golden_apricot, @sve7en, @Briedaqueduc, @Snoopdogg.

At what point do you stop being a Canadiens fan?

Dark mode or light mode?

Any idea on how to make IIHF fair with the switch to FHM?

How will Kholin handle all the losing in TB this season?

[Image: fishyshl.gif]
Thanks to everybody for the sigs :peepoheart:

[Image: czechpp.png][Image: czechup.png]

Answered @"jfisherr"

Why should I take you in round 1 of the NSFL Draft?

[Image: 2JcMUJm.png]

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

Answered @RainDelay and @notorioustig

03-29-2020, 03:48 PMKalakar Wrote: Answered @RainDelay and @notorioustig

Bet, first overall it is!

[Image: 2JcMUJm.png]