Create Account

Newfoundland Berserkers S52 Awards Ceremony
(This post was last modified: 03-29-2020, 03:14 PM by KlusteR.)

(1351 words - ready for grading)

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls - WELCOME! To the Season 52 Newfoundland Berserkers Awards Ceremony!

I will be your host for today - KlusteR! Some of you might know me as Markus Tegernako, starting goalie from S49 to S51, back when we were the Lethbridge Lions. Because yes, this franchise has moved more often than it has won Four Star Cups. But let's not dwell on that fact.

Today, we are gathered in this Discord channelFORUM POST to honor the members of our community that have made this locker room so vibrant lately, and the members that made an impact on the ice as well.

(Yes, I've already done this presentation in our LR - so I will not tag the winners. They already know who they are.)

So without further ado, let's move on to the statistical categories!

We are starting the ceremony with our Best Forward Award.
This player has been active in spurts on the LR, but they've definitely made an impact for the Berserkers in Season 52, being a core piece of the first line's production - and having enough grit to defend their teammates when necessary, as is showcased by their 4 fights this season, on top of their 42 points in 50 games.
I was lucky enough to witness the rise of this future star winger from their first steps in Lethbridge, to now fighting for a top spot in New Orleans.
Congratulations to Thomas Vanice for their Best Forward Award!

Let's immediately follow this up with our Best Defenseman Award.
If you haven't heard of this player, you've been sleeping under a rock. He's been the lynch pin of our Defense for four seasons now, and has captained this team beautifully, both on and off the ice. With his 39 points during the year, including 25 at even strength (2nd in ES points in the team behind Vanice), his impact on the Berserkers has been undeniable.
There's a reason why he's now an alumni, being called up by the LA Panthers to play for the big club. I wish him the best of luck over there.
Congratulations to Disisde Dayudie for their Best Defenseman Award!

Moving on to Best Goaltender Award.
We only have two choices for this award, so it's the least heartbreaking to give out. This goalie has been my backup for 2 seasons, so I know him well. He had a very decent statistical year (16-13-4 - 0.874 Sv% - 3.07 GAA), but it seems he's been struck down with illness, which forces him to be our EBUG for the upcoming season.
I still wish him all the best in the future, especially to the GRSL. Cheers, my young padawan!
Congratulations to Steven Vassallo for the Best Goaltender Award!

And last but not least in the statistical column... Rookie of the Year Award!
This player had a lot of expectations put on their shoulders early in their career. They would have to eat a lot of ice time, and quickly develop into a reliable option for the coaches - and he responded brilliantly. He sported the second best Sht% on the team at 16.4%, and was a stalwart on both the PP2 and PK2.
We know he's gonna be a star in Manhattan. I guess you've already figured out who this award goes to...
Congratulations to Jukka Timonen for the Rookie of the Year Award!

This locker room has been very active lately - and it's been amazing to see. Alumni and rookies mingling together, GMs and vets helping out left and right...
Each and every single one of you make this Locker Room unique and beautiful, and I want to personally thank you for making me smile and laugh on the daily.

So I decided to hand out little awards for what happened last season!

For Most Unwarranted Pings To A GM (or the SDAward of Excellence), the winner is... (Clean) Andrei Kostitsyn, for asking when he'd be put on the first line to Corey at least 175 times! Congrats!

For Most Lively Speaker (or the Chatterbox Award), the winner is... Steve Harrington, for being present at all times of day, every day, into any conversation, and talking to everyone! You're a beast, Steve, and all of our staff in NL loves having you around. Congrats!

For Most Artistic Sense (or the Picasso Award), the winner is... Ryuuji Minamino, for the most beautiful rendition of Yoshi known to mankind. Congrats!

For Most Surprising Interaction (or the Jack-in-the-Box Award), the winner is... the obsession with Andrei in the first weeks of the season. I was dying at my computer every time jnh, Keygan and Andrei decided to go at it. Congrats!

We are now getting into the more... subjective categories. I've had every person in our management group involved in those decisions, so know that we've given it some thought.

We'll start with the Most Underrated Player - or the Harry Carpet Award!
This player made quite an impression when he appeared in our draft lists last season, but not very positive for a lot of GMs. jnh finally convinced us to give him a shot - and what a shot that has been! While he hasn't been "score" as much as previously advertised (mostly by himself), he's been what I like to call a "meat grinder" on the ice - tallying a team leading 124 hits, and nabbing 14 points while playing mostly 2nd/3rd line minutes.
You know him, we know him, we all love him, and we know Hamilton is gonna love him in the future.
Congratulations to (Clean) Andrei Kostitsyn for your Harry Carpet Award!

Then comes the time for our Most Dedicated Player award - or the Monkey D. Luffy Award!
This one was a pretty hard decision, but in the end, I could not see myself not giving it to this player. We've all seen the statistical anomaly that was his first season in the SMJHL. I've rarely seen a player with his attributes have such a down year. Yet, he continued to stay positive, interact with the rest of the locker room, and made his name known to the rest of the SHL world - to the point where Chicago drafted him in the first round!
You've meshed very well with the LR, you've made the link between the old guard and the new, and for this, we're very grateful to have you in Newfoundland.
Congratulations to Ryuuji Minamino for your Monkey D. Luffy Award!

Onto the Veteran Presence Award, or the Captain of the Dragonship Award!
He's there on the daily. He's got his TikToks. He's got his trucking stories. He's got his anime openings. He HAD Foxy. He's your captain.
Congratulations to Disisde Dayudie for your Captain of the Dragonship Award!
(P.S. This award won't be given to the captain every season. But this season, we all feel Sweg deserves it ^-^)

Roll the drums, because we're now getting to the Most Valuable Player Award, or the Berserker of the Year Award!
This player has been with us through thick and thin, joining us in Lethbridge, and being a soothing presence in the locker room ever since. He's been our rock in the face-off dot, the pivot of our first powerplay unit. We love him for his contagious cheeriness and his on-ice abilities.
We know Buffalo is gonna be very happy with him in the future, but I wish we could've kept him for one, final year.
Congratulations to Rintarou Okabe for your Berserker of the Year Award!

And that concludes Season 52's Newfoundland Berserkers Awards Ceremony!
Congratulations to all the winners, and to everyone else for being part of this awesome little community hub on the Internet.
In these times where the outside world feels scary and anxiety-inducing, it's nice to feel some sort of human connection through those means of communication.

[Image: KlusteR.gif]

Chiefs Monarchs Lions Berserkers Switzerland Blizzard pride Panthers Grizzlies

[Image: EePsAwN.png]    [Image: e0LuHwa.png]    [Image: eaex9S1.png]

Special thanks to @Carpy48, @Chevy, @Turd Ferguson, @fever95 and @enigmatic for the signatures!

I like this nice job

[Image: Snoopdogg.gif]
    [Image: d9J5DHT.png]        norway      [Image: d9J5DHT.png]

I think it's important to note that Steve slept through winning the award for being present at all times of the day

[Image: smalinowski7.gif]
Sigs: Thanks JNH, Lime, Carpy, and ckroyal92 

ZERKER MAFIA

[Image: minadsslatt.png]