Create Account

SJHN Breaking News: Roundtable Reaction to ANA/NL Trade
(This post was last modified: 04-01-2020, 01:26 PM by MarlinManiac4.)

901 words, ready for grading, split 3 ways between roastpuff, MarlinManiac4, Nhamlet

[Image: unknown.png]

We here at the SJHN bring you breaking news from the SMJHL. Anaheim and Newfoundland have made a blockbuster deal that involves the 10th overall pick in last year's SHL draft, Jukka Timonen. The full details of the trade are as follows:

ANA Receives: 
Jukka Timonen, D, 403 TPE(350 Capped)
Matei Stevlaco, G, 177 TPE

NLB Receives:
Strom Chamberlain, G, 572 TPE(425 Capped)
ANA next Reddit 2nd

Roastpuff: I mean, what the hell, the trade team needed something to talk about right? Otherwise it would be a pretty boring season overall. But man, the only defender you could get for Strom-fricking-Chamberlain, who got ANA a FOUR STAR CUP LAST SEASON, is Jukka Timonen? That’s like trading Roberto Luongo for a younger goalie and a younger player who might not turn out to be worth it. Except with the cup, this time. No offense to Jukka, but clearly the Newfoundland Berserkers could do without him because he’s getting traded like this. Yes, Strom hasn’t looked like his usual brick wall self during pre-season and the first few games, but there’s still time for him to get his footing and become the brick wall that Anaheim depended on to win the Four Star Cup. Rumors are that he’s dealing with some hand issues, but we’ll know more when Anaheim gives us the medical update that we know is coming in the next few days.

We don’t know what the Locker Room atmosphere is inside of the Newfoundland Berserkers chat, but maybe something behind the scenes was said that is causing this rift between the Newfoundland top defenseman and their management. Maybe it was a fight between the old-school hockey guys in the management of Newfoundland, and Jukka Timonen’s advanced stats mastery and thoughts of “Moneypuck” in terms of how they should deploy their players.

Marlin: I couldn't agree more Roast. Even Newfoundland’s own GM was quoted to say “he’s more useful to us as a trade piece for Strom than on the ice.” Sounds like the former Berserker may have fallen out of favor with Newfoundland management. We can only speculate as to the exact reason, but I think Timonen might have let his new leadership role get to his head. In addition, Timonen’s knowledge and mastery of advanced statistics and data may have led him to believe he should have more say in Newfoundland's transaction decisions. Maybe he thought he knew better than JNH.

Nhamlet: I totally disagree, Chamberlain is solid but I honestly think he got propped up by that amazing defense ahead of him. Take the game between Newfoundland and Anaheim the day before yesterday for example. 5-0 blowout for Newfoundland who's supposedly weak in goaltending with a young defense and they hold out for a shutout. Timonen was one of the guys to lead the way with 2 goals. If you ask me, with where the Outlaws are, they are better off with this retool and getting a franchise D that they desperately need. Chamberlain will have a better defense in my opinion in front of him, at least the bodies in front of him are warmer than a frozen hot pocket. 

I can't reveal too much without giving up my sources but I don't entirely think you're off the bat with management starting to feel like Timonen was reaching too far. I even have some evidence to one person high up in Newfoundland management feeling the “Jukka Effect” as everybody liked to call it. 

[Image: VzDxsHf7dC86woRnfeNnmIRT6PjOaam0WlQdGJL4...38DE6NF-_Y]

Identity has been protected of course. There was a decent amount of talk that he was a contender to become the new captain instead of the current pick of Slatt Potts but given how management got the final call, I wouldn’t be surprised that they weren’t interested in giving their leading rearguard even more power in the organization.

Nhamlet: Final Thoughts - With this trade happening, we’ve got a number of rifts already breaking out in the Berserker locker room. 3rd overall Steve Harrington has asked for a move to Detroit to jump on the bandwagon, Andrei also immediately looked for a move out and their last other S53 draft pick Ryuuji Minamino also made an announcement in the media about refusing to join another organization with strong ties to the Newfoundland management. I don’t know how you bungle a reddit draft as badly as you do but somehow the Berserkers have written the guide book on it because this is about as spectacular of an implosion as you can have. They might get security in net for now but elsewhere their team bond is full of holes. 

Roastpuff: Final thoughts - I think this is a lopsided trade in favour of Newfoundland, and I wonder what deep dark secrets they have over BDonini to force his hand like this. An ignominious end to a great career for an elite goaltender. 

Marlin: Final Thoughts - This seems like a loud and clear message being sent from the Newfoundland FO to Jukka Tominen: “We don't need you”. The once rising star of the SHL finds himself embroiled in controversy. Who knows how this dark chapter will follow Timonen throughout his career. Readers can stay assured that we here at the SJHN will continue to update you on developments in this story.

[Image: vDWeWJB.png]
Sig By Carpy48
Selected #14 Overall to the Colorado Raptors
Selected #9 Overall to the Calgary Dragons
Finland Dragons Raptors
[Image: zdXC6eb.png][Image: 8b7dmkE.png]

round table: lopsided w for NL

nham: NL is imploding and dying

i'll take strom ty

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

amazing... trade everyone to Detroit plz

Thanks Wasty, Carpy, JSS, TurdFerguson, Geekusoid and Awesomecakes for the sigs!
[Image: reidsuth.gif]

awesome work guys

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

Always nice to hear commentary on the latest trades!

[Image: Dextaria.gif]

[Image: Niz2wua.png]  [Image: iB9r7kM.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM, @Moreorless89 and @ValorX77 for the sigs!

game 1 after chamberlain goes to newfoundland
anchorage 7 anaheim 1
coincidence? i think not

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

04-01-2020, 01:10 PMreid_sutherland Wrote: amazing... trade everyone to Detroit plz

No, that means people will have to go...do you want that? Do you wanna see Teddy(@Aephino) gone!?!!?

[Image: BnanaNWaffles.gif]
Sig by @Ragnar / Avatar by @leviadan
[Image: lIYTYDN.png]  [Image: qtbn8zh.png]  [Image: wu5MVvy.png]