Create Account

SHN: The cases for the bottom teams

Parity is not in the SHL league yet, as there are clear bottom feeding teams, we will have to look at each one of them to see how they are doing, and why they are the bottom teams. Hopefully we will see a path out for each of them

Battle to the bottom: Who is trying to secure 1st OA, and seeing who is trying to scrap out of the bottom feeding teams.

Texas:
I know it sucks to be tanking, but for some teams its necessary. Some teams like TEX and TOR are starting to get a very young core around them. It is very evident with Texas, because their Co-GM and GM just recreated a couple seasons ago, but that doesnt mean they dont have older talent. Players like Harvey Danger, Manuel Gotze, Andreas Kvalheim arent getting any younger(Gotze and Danger especially), so there will be decisions to be made. If their goalie(also their GM) manage to keep on earning at his high rate, and some of their key younger players like Noah Brusky, Bjorn Leppanen, Ivan Maximus, and Alexander Watcher continue to amass TPE, they might not be in a doghouse for long.

Toronto:
On the flip side with Toronto, their timeline can be extended in the future more, as their oldest high impact player is Harry Carpet, their goalie(S47).  If Carpet can fight regression long enough for both ML and UrsinZ to develop into great defenseman. As well as defenseman prospects as Jack Kanoff can earn at a high rate, and good complementary defensive players and  prospects in Daniel Kuster and  Cal Clucker, thats 5 defenseman that can be in their blue line. So another draft to pick up their 6th defenseman, and that would be a good blueline to be apart of in the next 3-7 seasons. On the forwards side, they have 2 budding players in Bobby Lane and Mika Kandinsky.  They already have good depth players in FirstName LastName , Jan Zacha, and Andrei Petrikov, who needs to get a couple more hundred TPE to be solid 3rd liners. On the prospects side they are full of forward prospects, like soon to be called up Ruslan Zaporozhets and Stracimir Petrović. As well as some great prospects in Rhys Pritchard, Danny Martson, and Taylor Johansson who I belive will be some high impact forwards for Toronto. So it will take time, but Toronto is a team that can afford to wait and develop players.

West Kendall Platoon:

One of the better “bottom feeding” teams, it looks like WKP has a clear plan of rebuilding. When looking at their team, a lot of it makes sense. They have a very young goalie in Luca Del Vecchio. They still have a very decent young defensive core, that has a S45 player with 1400 + TPE. They have their GM on defense at S46, as well as 3 players(including his Co-GM) above S49. Their forward core though, is getting old, having 2 players in regression, 4 players either S44 or S45, so right up to regression. So their forward core is about to start to get into regression. But thats where their plan comes in, as all 5 of their prospects are forwards, although 4 are active, but they still got time to replenish their forward core in the coming seasons. So for goalies they are set, for defense they are looking great, so their only hole in their rebuild is their forward core.

Minnesota Chiefs:
I would say Minnesota and Winnipeg are kinda in the same situation, as they have good pieces around them, but not enough to make a serious push in their conference at the moment. Good news is that they have a future goalie in Tegernako, as he is young, and continues to earn TPE at a good rate. But they have a lot of players nearing regression at both their forward and defensive core, and they don't have that high of TPE to fight regression for a long time. For the defense though, they have 2 good defenseman in Seger and Moore that can fight regression(and Moore already is). For the forwards, they have Gibbles and Gallagher who are young(a couple seasons away from regression), that can fight regression for a long time as well. In terms of prospects, they have a lot of prospects that are good for depth, but they have a couple I would consider Elite, so they will need more of those in order to start to help replenish their future losses.

Winnipeg Jets:
Like Minnesota, Winnipeg are in a situation where they have good pieces, but a lot of holes right now, and their core is not getting any younger. With a decent starting goalie for now(and 2 seasons away from regression), they have a future goalie in Chamberlain who is looking to be a top goalie in his class. In terms of defense, they have an elite defenseman in McScruff, with everyone else under 1k(except for regressing Gary Grease). They do have 4 defenseman that are updating well, but none at an elite level other than Adam Barron. They also have an elite defensive prospect  in Magnus Liljestrom as well. For their forward core, they have a good forward core, with Muerto, Brain, and Sheppard as a good core for Winnipeg, though Muerto is entering regression. Brain and Sheppard are a couple seasons away from it. For their forward prospects, they have a lot of inactive ones, but they  do have a few good ones like Bale, Sutherland, and Golury. So like Minnesota, they have the core to try to make a good push, but they just dont have enough to get them into the same range as other top teams.

Tampa Bay:

The final team we will be looking at Tampa Bay Barracuda, who had a terrible pre-season and start to the regular season. It really shows that depth is important in the SHL, as their defense got caved in day in and day out. Having 2 200TPE IFA as defenseman as well as 400 TPE defenseman is not a good recipe for success in the SHL. And its not like Tampa Bay is a rebuilding team. On the contrary they should be competing. They goalie is in regression, having their core about to enter regression in a couple seasons, they need to either turn the ship around or blow it up, as they can only fight regression for so long. These types of teams always perplex me because they have really good pieces to get into the playoffs, but not everything is there for it.

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

proud owner of another Chiefs 1st

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

04-03-2020, 04:17 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: proud owner of another Chiefs 1st

That girl dancing in your avatar will help me get through social distancing more easily.

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

how many have you had in your lifetime

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

04-03-2020, 10:58 PMluketd Wrote:

eleventy

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

04-03-2020, 10:58 PMluketd Wrote:

More than Minnesota

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]

i should be at that elite level of updating in WPG Hmm

[Image: 6c148GU.png]
[Image: 1JDgYfw.png]

luke thank you for always respecting me

[Image: dakiller11.gif]
somebody please make me a sig

04-03-2020, 06:48 PMSlappydoodle Wrote:

That girl dancing in your avatar will help me get through social distancing more easily.

Dirty old man  Cool

Confused

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]