Create Account

The Armada Charter: The Uniforms
(This post was last modified: 04-03-2020, 05:15 PM by KenitohMenara.)

**558 words - Writing by @KenitohMenara, designs by @mdubz **

The Armada have used the same uniforms since their first season in Anchorage, which was season 42. Now as the Armada emerges into their second decade in the state, the higher management has decided that it is time to update the uniforms. The Armada Charter were lucky enough to get a first hand look at all 4 new uniforms. Yes, you read that right, all 4 new uniforms. Let us look over these designs and give our honest opinions.

[Image: 3I8mlGS.jpg]

At first glance, the home jersey doesn’t seem to have changed much. The Armada’s classic colour scheme of navy blue and steel grey shines through but a few crucial details have changed. For one the strip of blue that separates the navy blue and grey has been changed to yellow. This was mostly to keep the colour scheme in line with the yellow in the neckline and it's a nice touch of consistency. The yellow bands on the arms also have been broken up with white bands to help break up the colours more evenly and most notably, the number colour has also changed to the traditional navy blue. One can only speculate as to why the change has occurred but it does help keep the uniform consistent which is always a plus. The original Armada uniform was already great so slightly altering it and adding some much needed consistency enhancements have only made it better.

[Image: kCDTfq7.jpg]

Take what I said about the consistency changes and add them to the away jersey. The grey bands on the socks help the yellow bands stand out more and prevent the colours from blurring together. The yellow number and grey text are also nice touches, helping the away jersey stand up on its own. The biggest change though is that the secondary logo is now front and center on the jersey which this reporter loves a lot. I love the secondary logo and I am very pleased to see it finally on the front of a jersey. The colours also help with the increased emphasis of yellow on this jersey. You can bet I will buy one of these to wear to games.

[Image: eIRtqh0.jpg]

The first alternate is a rather simple affair. A straight up inverse of the home jerseys colours. There really isn’t much to talk about with this one so maybe that’s why I find it the worst one. The old alternate jersey was rather interesting with its blue camouflage style and the secondary logo on the front and this one, when compared, just feels more boring. The colours still work absolutely and it's rather nice to look at it but that’s all it does for me.  Maybe they can rework the original alternate in the future. Still a pretty good jersey

[Image: Rh8Y8m5.jpg]

Now this is by far and away the most out there design the Armada have ever put out. The shorts are the same colour as well as the patterns on the socks but everything else completely different. Powder blue and white is the colour scheme with the traditional navy blue now only a tertiary colour. It’s a striking jersey and this reporter loves it. Something about powder blue and white together just looks brilliant. While I would have prefered the alternate logo used here, it’s still an incredible jersey that I think will be very popular with the Armada faithful.

Armada awesome work @mdubz and @KenitohMenara

[Image: honkerrs.gif]
[Image: OPTIMIZED.png]

Armada Damn! Hanson looking sharp as fuck!!! Armada

[Image: Spicy_Funko.jpg]
Player Page             Update Thread

clean

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs