Create Account

Pro Start

Knights Knights Knights [Image: UGdyH4x.png] Knights Knights Knights

Young kid out of Quebec playing out in the far South Western part of Canada.  Kelowna is where I call home now a days, awesome place with great landscapes for those who like the outdoors.  You can find me out early on the mountain trails or jogging along side Okanagan lake, ordinarily dry and cloudy here year round is not an issue for myself, so I take in the views and strengthen my stamina and endurance for the long haul that awaits my teammates and I in season 53.  Finish off my daily workout with boys on the ice, constantly pushing each other to be better, stronger, faster versions of ourselves each day. Challenges in my life I have met and conquered, but this one, my draft class and myself are embarking will be one of great measures.  A brief explanation of my mind set going forward as I take you through the eyes of a 18 year old phenom (in his head).

[Image: WIa6EfI.jpg]

First week of pro hockey has hit me dead in the face.  Accustomed to dominating games back home with a level of  intensity rarely ever peaking, only maybe if they're happen to be a scout or 2 attending the game.  But here in Prospera Place, the fans are awesome in support with great numbers at our home games and the guys in the locker room are very helpful with us rookies.  Management and alumni always present which is a boost one needs when down on their game left looking around for answers and guidance.  Some great team leaders like Adam, Cillian, and Ethan always ready to lend an ear.  Appreciate that!  
Learning and growing everyday, practicing with pros has brought up my game to another level, a level i did not think I had it in me.  Sure im great with the puck on a stick, pick your pockets with my lightening quick hands, but its without the puck where my game has evolved the most.  Being a 1st year player and the center position being solid in Kelowna has landed me in a more defensive role on a 4th line.  When I call back home and my dad ask me how it went, he laughs, he laughs when he hears the words 'block a shot' coming out of my mouth.  Hahaha, I chuckle too as I already have attained my quota of bruised arms and thighs with a remarkable 14 blocked shots in 11 games. I mean seriously, In my whole young career I never experienced this situation, so new but yet very much an eye opener to  say the least.  I cherish these every moments and try and learn as much as I can from it, to hopefully win a 4 Star Cup this season or whenever.  
Its not all bad, in 11:06 of ice time per game, I managed to pick up 1 point!! Surrender  Hehe, ok so offensively I am in a rut, actually no its bigger than a rut, a valley? But like my manger says, don't worry stick to the game plan and everything will come together.  I trust them, they have been around long enough to have seen a few things before their eyes.  So Im currently sporting a -2 to my name, but have done fairly well defensively, with 5 take aways and only 3 giveaways my ice time seems to be trending upwards.  Picking up with that are 17 shots on goal and a groove starting to settle in.  Finding myself in a good spot more often than not would suggest why my game ratings have not taken a hit as the rest of my stat lines.  GR 62  OGR 57  DGR 66.

Knights Knights Knights Knights Knights Knights Knights Knights Knights Knights Knights Knights

(word count 675)

[Image: Snoopdogg.gif]
    [Image: d9J5DHT.png]        norway      [Image: d9J5DHT.png]

Nice to see you're adjusting well in Kelowna! And dw, you've got a PDO of 91 so the pucks just haven't been bouncing your way so far, I'm sure it'll change soon.

[Image: Dextaria.gif]

[Image: Niz2wua.png]  [Image: iB9r7kM.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM, @Moreorless89 and @ValorX77 for the sigs!