Create Account

RSS Update - Week 2

So with this weeks ranking we are going to run off some assumptions for the rankings moving forward.

Now this is a really rough base to begin with but what we can start to add/ assume is that those with greater than 12M banks will have the ability to add 28 TPE (8.5M) for SHL equipment out of the gate at the start of next season as long as they stay semi active. The 4M buffer is for general week to week training as well. I know that covers technically 8 more weeks of SMJHL Training but I like to give some buffer zone for that.

This is why this week you might see a 215 TPE player sitting around the 240 range players with banks in the sub 10 million range, because by all intents and purposes they can catch them the second they are drafted and SHL equipment opens for them to be able to buy.

Notes for this week - Top 10

The Top 10 has seen some movers and shakers once again.

Mikkel Asmus Sondargard maintains his spot at #1 with his continued Bank growth and staying almost at the top of the class for TPE (Can I just say screw predictions that award 0 TPE for participating, what sense is there in that?)

Out of the Top 10, 5 players actually managed to hold their positions. There is some danger of Konrad Danke dropping out of the #2 spot if Daniel Laforest keeps up his media pacing, but the extra 17 million cushion and close TPE is keeping him locked in there FOR NOW.

Ryosuka Sato makes a MASSIVE push jumping 8 spots to a spot in the Top 5 for the class now with a surge in TPE and Bank. The Defenseman now makes 5 of the top 10 defense! GM's will have a glutton of options it seems with that position which might start to devalue how much they are worth with so many high end options available.

Emilia Bergmann catapults into the top 5 as well with some impressive Bank gains. One thing is becoming clear with the current out look and that is quality wingers might become harder for teams to find out of the gate so their overall worth might get a bump as we move along in GM's eyes.

Petrikov makes like Hodor and HOLDS onto his #6 spot and really is only in danger if Aumy Jr. keeps his rapid pace after his suspension

Simon Takshak once a lock for the 4th spot has dripped from a lack of TPE earning last week and despite his bank is starting to be caught because of that drop.

Knight and Shepherd cling to the 9 and 10 spot, but with people jumping into the top 10 might want to look at their banks and get that cushion into that 12 million area to solidify that 28 TPE burst potential and lock in their spot to pair with their TPE earning.

[Image: unknown.png]

Notes for this week - The Rest

Biggest Risers

Timber  Will Windsor +36 Spots (Rank 13)
- After his forgotten update was processed, Windsor finally made the jump many had seen coming to put himself within striking distance of the top 10
Scarecrows William Lockwood +8 Spots (Rank 14)
- Lock wood continues to climb the charts and will soon have a real chance at the Top 10 if he keeps up his pacing
Armada Thorbjorn Gunnarson +8 Spots (Rank 16)
- The young right winger made some major strides this week getting himself into the top 20 and looking like a potential 1st round pick
Kraken Kwame Dakari +11 Spots (Rank 18)
- Much like Gunnarson, Dakari now finds themselves within the top 20 and as a late 1st round/ early 2nd rounder now.
Berserkers Renji Atake +8 (Rank 24)
- Sneaking himself into the Round 2 talks now has the defenseman quickly back into the coverstaion for many GM's looking already at the draft and its depth it could hold
Berserkers Elias Kierkgaard +41 (Rank 31)
- More than likely sitting just outside the 2nd round for sheer rank, I can see Elias making a push for a mid round 2nd rounder if not higher if he can keep up his intial burst
Falcons Thor Odison +13 (Rank 45)
Berserkers Guy LeGrande +13 (Rank 46)

Biggest Falls

Knights Justin Keahl -8 (Rank 15)
- A meteoric fall from a top 10 pick to now looking like a 2nd rounder has Keahl reeling a bit. Being propped up by their bank for the previous ranking has them falling with other draftees both earning TPE at a higher rate and padding their banks. This is probably a more likely spot for the youngster as time moves forward unless they secure their bank more.
Whalers Cal Covid -4 (Rank 19)
- With this fall and the next 3 players it's not quite as large as some others, but its in a position that is really pushing players like Covid from a 1st round potential to now a 2nd round pick. The Goalies in general are losing ground all over the map as the position players gain on them. This probably won't tank their actual position as much come draft day as Goalie is a very specific position, but still....
Armada Matthew Sawful -4 (Rank 20)
- What was a high pick at the draft is starting to plummet himself out of a top 20 pick into the annals of the 3rd round. Sawful needs to do something to really push himself back up (which at this point is padding his bank) if he wants a shot at that top end talent once again.
Armada Bork Lazer -4 (Rank 21)
- Much like Sawful his torrent TPE start is now being humbled from a lack of bank to carry him long term as he is just 2 weeks worth of training of being bankrupt
Armada Scoochie Stratton -2 (Rank 22)
- I know only 2 spots, but people tend to see things as a Top 10, Top 20, etc and this player has now fallen out of that distinction.
  Scarecrows Elwulf Jericson -4 (Rank 23)
- Much like Stratton Jericson quickly finds himself out side of the Top 20 and really only a few media articles away from jumping back up.
  Berserkers Gavin Wallace -9 (Rank 27)
- The biggest fall we have seen so far, Wallace has almost put himself outside of the Top 30 let alone top 20.
  Berserkers  PBJ Souppan -12 (Rank 39)
  Whalers Slimey Snail -15 (Rank 41)
  Armada  James Yzerman - 13 (Rank 51)
Kraken Stein Nilsen -16 (Rank 53)

Many people know from long term sim league experience that the value of picks in any draft really start to fall off after the 2nd round.

The SHL now with 16 teams puts us ending the 2nd round at Pick 32. So lets have a look where the current SMJHL Teams sit with current ranked players who would end up in that top 32 if the draft happened today (and we used my simple ranking to do so)

Timber Mikkel Asmus Sondergard - Rank 1
Timber Konrad Danke - Rank 2
Timber Patrick Shepard - Rank 10
Timber Will Windsor - Rank 13

Knights Daniel LaForest - Rank 3
Knights Simon Takshak - Rank 8
Knights Justin Keahl - Rank 15

Whalers Ryosuke Sato - Rank 4
Whalers Cal Covid - Rank 19

Outlaws Emilia Bergmann - Rank 5

Armada Alexei Petrikov - Rank 6
Armada Thorbjorn Gunnarson - Rank 16
Armada Matthew Sawful - Rank 20
Armada Bork Lazer - Rank 21
Armada Scoochie Stratton - Rank 22

Raptors Aumy Jr. - Rank 7
Raptors Jean Uthred Ragnarsson- Tremblay - Rank 29

Kraken Dwight Knight - Rank 9
Kraken Kwame Dakari - Rank 18
Kraken Vitek Vitecek - Rank 26

Falcons Jospeh Fantobeans - Rank 11

Berserkers Tinke Jutila - Rank 12
Berserkers Cale Amundsen - Rank 17
Berserkers Enji Atake - Rank 24
Berserkers Jack Klompus - Rank 25
Berserkers Gavin Wallace - Rank 27
Berserkers Niccolo Livius - Rank 30
Berserkers Elias Kierkgaard - Rank 31

Scarecrows William Lockwood - Rank 14
Scarecrows Elwulf Jericson - Rank 23
Scarecrows Grapefruit Lizard - Rank 28
Scarecrows Richard Majors - Rank 32

[Image: 4zfXx6o.gif]

dw boys i just forgot to claim every pt we back in it

[Image: sig-e-e-geck-atl.png]

e
(This post was last modified: 04-06-2020, 10:24 AM by sve7en.)

Just pointing out, the TPE for this is coming from the Player Analyze 2.0 or where it pulls from (team roster subforums), which aren't always accurate. Not faulting you, because diving into everyone's update thread is miserable, but it definitely messes with the ranks a bit.

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

This is a good idea but I think the rankings are a bit skewed by bank balances. Obviously they’re important but not so much that the tpe leader for the class should be the 11th ranked prospect

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

04-06-2020, 10:24 AMsve7en Wrote: Just pointing out, the TPE for this is coming from the Player Analyze 2.0 or where it pulls from (team roster subforums), which aren't always accurate. Not faulting you, because diving into everyone's update thread is miserable, but it definitely messes with the ranks a bit.

I actually enter the TPE totals from teams roster pages manually.

04-06-2020, 10:28 AMdankoa Wrote: This is a good idea but I think the rankings are a bit skewed by bank balances. Obviously they’re important but not so much that the tpe leader for the class should be the 11th ranked prospect

I mean yeah. it's mean to be a simple measuring stick.

Realistically you should have Last Login
How much of their bank is recent to gauge CURRENT activity
How many of the PT's have been being completed
PGS done at all?

Etc etc. But ain't no body got time for that.

And in Fantobeans specific case. 2M isn't healthy long term, 100% he could get media done or rely on contracts, but to be earning at a good rate long term, players need probably 15M a season to get close to max earning.

04-06-2020, 10:28 AMdankoa Wrote: This is a good idea but I think the rankings are a bit skewed by bank balances. Obviously they’re important but not so much that the tpe leader for the class should be the 11th ranked prospect

Ilu Dan.

I understand tho. In a month the guys in front of me are buying shl coaching. I’m not, unless you want to draft me and pay me $10mil? I mean I’m down for that if you’re down for that. I’m not going to stop you if that’s you’re true desire. Who am I to keep my out from what you want...

[Image: Fantobens.gif]

All this was just ranking manipulation to have Cal Covid at #19.

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Its still interesting to see, and its one persons opinion, good work and effort for this, I like it. How the hell did 2 other guys pass me in TPE? I didn't miss any, did I?

[Image: Snoopdogg.gif]
    [Image: d9J5DHT.png]        norway      [Image: d9J5DHT.png]