Create Account

PGS S53 Game 3: St. Louis Scarecrows vs Maine Timber
(This post was last modified: 04-13-2020, 01:25 AM by Rotti.)

Rotti's Roundup

Scarecrows strike again
St. Louis established the norm for this matchup earlier on in the young season winning 3-0 on the back of a defensively dominant performance. This season has the Scarecrows looking to make a playoff push after the regular season 50, and with two wins this early off of a division rival they're putting themselves in prime position to do just that. The saying goes that no team makes the playoffs in the first 10 games, but a team can easily lose their playoff spot that early. St. Louis hopes to keep moving along at a steady pace, and ensure that they have cup dreams coming on strong.

TIMMMMMBERRRRRRRRR
If there was every a time for the Portland boys to grab a win, tonight was that time. Reeling off of a 3 game losing streak following the first win in Timber history, a win against a division rival would've been a big morale boost for the squad. This loss gives the Timber 4 straight losses now, and with most of the season to go, they better start winning or those Cross Arena fans are going to get angry. All is not lost, though, as young Timber star Rapid Eagle appears to be making a name for himself scoring goals and setting them up alike. 

The Scarecrows Dynamic Duo
Normally I like to highlight a single player when it comes to my ones to watch, but the Scarecrows turned in two big performances from two big players tonight. Ruslan Zaporozhets and Sasha Danglechuck combined for 5 points tonight, spurring St. Louis' offense to a big win. While Zaporozhets was the only one of the pair to hit the back of the net, Danglechuck set up 3 seperate goals tonight, moving the puck around a blistering pace with pinpoint precision. Both of these skaters join my ones to watch, and I'll be looking for them come awards season after the 50 game marathon.

[Image: rotti.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: PGS S53 Game 3: St. Louis Scarecrows vs Maine Timber - by Rotti - 04-13-2020, 01:25 AM