Create Account

[SJHN] Edward Williams Gets First Career Hat Trick
(This post was last modified: 04-05-2020, 02:16 PM by Mediocre_Fred.)

[1,121 words ready for grading]
[Image: unknown.png]
Edward Williams Earns First Career Hat Trick in Game Against Newfoundland Berserkers

Ace Dickenson reporting for the Simulation Junior Hockey Network            October 11, 2019
Edward Williams, rising star and starting center for the Detroit Falcons, earned his first career hat trick in tonight's match against the Newfoundland Berserkers. The young Brit has been on quite the hot streak this season, averaging more than a point per game so far this year. Tonight was no exception where Williams managed a total of four points and earned himself his very first career hat trick. I was able to catch up with Edward Williams as he was heading back to the locker room after the game to ask him a few questions about tonight's performance.
"Wow Ed... Is it alright if I call you Ed? Anyway, wow Ed! Your very first hat trick of your career! You must feel pretty special right about now. Tell me, how did you feel after you netted that third shot? Did it register right away what you had accomplished tonight?"
"It was really an incredible feeling. I think it was on a breakaway. I knew in the back of my mind that I had already scored two that night, but I wasn't trying to force anything really. I was just trying to play my natural game, and I figured that we were all playing so well that night, if I got a third that would just be the cherry on top! So, as I was saying, I got the breakaway and it was as if everything else disappeared. No fans, no noise, just me and the goalie. A simple backhand-forehand deke and I instantly went to hug my teammates. It was great haha"
"Wow, that must've been a great feeling when your whole line was coming right at you to congratulate you. Now I noticed you are holding about 40 hats in your arms, do you intend on keeping them all?"
"Umm... I don't know? Haha do you want one? I don't really know what to do with them. Maybe I'll sell them on eBay or something"
"Alright, I might take you up on that offer, but first, let's back it up a bit. Your first goal of the night was a bit of an unusual one. You lost the face off in Newfoundland's end to Gavin Wallace, but as he was heading up the ice, you took the puck right from him. What made you decide to go for the slap shot instead of passing to someone else? That was a wicked shot, by the way"
"Yeah, something I pride myself in is my grit and determination. If I lose the puck, my first thought is always about how I can win it back. I’ve been working out a lot in the off season, improving my physicality in the game. Maybe that’s not always the best thing as I keep finding myself in the box, but I think we’re making great strides. Either way, I won the puck back, and I just had a voice in my head that said 'clapper' and I just took it without a second thought."
"Your second goal of the night was a deflection. You didn't spend a lot of time down low in front of the net last year. I know the season is just getting started, but do you think you'll find yourself down in front of the net more often this year?"
"Yeah, that’s also something we worked on in the off season. As a whole, our offense has been deadly this season, so putting shots on net is a priority. If we always have guys in front deflecting shots or getting rebounds, we’ll be giving goalies a really hard time this season"
"Do you practice deflecting shots as a team with Detroit or is this a skill that you carried with you from your younger days? You were really showing your versatility out there tonight."
"Definitely, that’s something I’ve improved lately. I didn’t score too many deflections last year, but I’ve been training hard on them. We knew our plans going into the season and my job as that center right now is to screen opponents and find the right spaces in front of net. Yeah, every now and then I can hit that sweet slap shot, but I’ve been working hard on my deflections because I know they’ll be an important piece of my skill set this season."
"Final question for you: How many more hat tricks will you get by the end of the season?"
"Uhhh I don’t know! I didn’t have any last season, so one is already an improvement! It would obviously be brilliant to get more this season, but I want to focus on the team play and not be selfish at all on the ice."
"Final, final question for you: If I do take one of the hats that you are carrying, can I have you autograph it for me?"
"Sure, I’d love to autograph one for you! I always love meeting my fans. You guys are the reason that I play!"
As we heard from the man himself, Williams was certainly very excited for his hat trick tonight. I think he may have been a bit too excited though. I'm not sure why he grabbed all of the hats that went onto the ice for him, but I guess I'll let him have his moment, plus I got an autographed Edward Williams Detroit Falcons hat to show off in a few years when he becomes a famous SHL player. Anyway, I also talked to a few other Falcon players to get their take on Williams' career milestone. Defender Magnus Liljestrom had this to say about Williams:
"It was amazing to watch, how he just picks the corners that he wants the puck to go in net and completely undressed that goaltender. I need to review the tapes and learn a little bit of that myself!"
I was also able to corner Frederick Wanesly to find out what he had to say about the matter:
"Please get away from me before I call the police again. Oh, you wanted to talk about Edward Williams? Okay, yeah, it was pretty great seeing the look on his face after he had that breakaway goal. It's really good seeing something like this because the guy works really hard. He is the definition of a team player and just wants the team to succeed. But seriously, get away from me or I'll call for security."
I tried to talk to the Newfoundland Berserkers' goaltender, Cale Amundsen, but he simply offered "No comment."
The final score of the game was Detroit with five goals to Newfoundland's zero. 
Thanks @Aephino and @roastpufffor the quotes!

[Image: Fred.png]
[Image: PeZ8eh1.png] [Image: r2pSvNf.png]

Great job, well done bro

[Image: Snoopdogg.gif]
    [Image: d9J5DHT.png]        norway      [Image: d9J5DHT.png]

04-05-2020, 04:20 PMSnoopdogg Wrote: Great job, well done bro
Thanks, my guy!

[Image: Fred.png]
[Image: PeZ8eh1.png] [Image: r2pSvNf.png]

Great work as always Freddy Falcons

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]