Create Account

S53 PT #3 - Build A Front Office

NSFL PT

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/ByNN8Jn.gif[/img]
(This post was last modified: 04-06-2020, 01:48 PM by Blues.)

I think that I would personally be best in the negotiator role mentioned in the original PT post. I was an SMJHL and SHL GM back in the day and was not known for making many deals, but that was when I was a much younger soul. After a few more years on this earth, I think that I have been able to find a negotiator's touch. This master baiting ability has been honed through many NHL fantasy hockey negotiations, as well as trades made in NHL, NBA, and NFL video game franchise modes. If that's not a qualifier, what is? I guess I would also be a decent scout, as I drafted a few players that went on to have great SHL careers. I was the SMJHL GM who originally drafted @Grapehead's first player, @NJBadApple's first player, as well as being one of the SHL GM that drafted probablydrunk's first player. I have a bit of experience in the scout role, so I think I could make a case for that being my best fit as well.

Player Page || Update Thread
[Image: ffBCCRQ.png]

(This post was last modified: 04-06-2020, 02:02 PM by EricNCSU.)

Scout - Has to be @"Smalinowski7". This dude has done so much research that if anyone is gonna know who your team needs, it's gonna be him. A wizard with stats and graphs but also able to break things down and explain it in easy to digest chunks. 

Strategist/Coach - @Nictox, my current GM in St. Louis and has done a fantastic job adjusting lines and roles this season in FHM. He was very active and helpful in getting our builds ready and now is making changes on the fly, since really no one knew what to expect with FHM.  The quickest team to make adjustments is going to be the most successful. 

Clubhouse Leader - @EricNCSU I really hope this is what the rest of the team sees me as. I try to be active in the locker room and talking guys up, getting pumped up for our games and match ups. As the season goes on I want to shift my media away from being focused on myself and more on the team to shine the spotlight on others, especially our S54 rookies who are doing great so far!

[Image: hudson.png]

The Negotiator - Gotta go with @Paq here. How the hell did he get 11M for a rookie contract??? He must be a master negotiator for that to happen

The Strategist - I am going with my Winnipeg GM @Muerto here. The man spends a lot of time test simming to ensure that the Jets lines are all fire and producing at a top rate. If things are not going well, rest assured he will figure out the strategy tweaks to make it work.

The Scout - obviously I am a little biased here, but @notorioustig had maybe the best SMJHL draft ever last season, reeling in 9 stud top TPE earners in one class. Putting him in charge of the drafting and scouting seems like a smart thing to do.

The Clubhouse Leader - my man @roastpuff gets the nod here. A very vocal and well liked member of the Falcons, roasty is the best choice for a clubhouse leader. He is already wearing the "A" for the squad, and I think it is only a matter of time before he gets the captain moniker. Roast is the definition of a leader, and you can't teach that.

(194 words)

Thanks Wasty, Carpy, JSS, TurdFerguson, Geekusoid and Awesomecakes for the sigs!
[Image: reidsuth.gif]

[Image: xCOf2OQ.png]

[Image: 81ImQYu.png][Image: suavemente.gif][Image: QD85cmZ.png]
     Platoon    Timber
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2020, 02:25 PM by FreakinAnime.)

the negotiator @JR95 is perfect for this job he knows how to make an awesome team and to be a leader. He can make you want to stay and want to take less money because he makes you care about the team. Just all around he is a great guy and has done wonderful as my GM in west kendall so why not put someone in the job that you know can succeed? He already knows how to manage salaries and make moves, how to keep players around. He signed me to a 3 year deal and he has kept the other prospects around too. He can keep people excited for a team no matter how they are doing and he can make a rebuild work. He makes recreates want to come back with their new player and he keeps a locker room buzzing. He is the platoon brand and he knows how to negotiate and bring people in. He would be perfect for the job.

[Image: oie_floaties.gif]
(This post was last modified: 04-06-2020, 02:42 PM by Aephino.)

Negotiator - Tig and Nour. They've put together an absurd roster for this Detroit team. They know how to make a hockey team desirable and they have done just that. Free agents? Good trades? Re-signing good players? Check, check, and check.

Strategist - Tig and Nour. Duh. Both last season and this current season, they did their homework. Dominant offensive and defense does not come from luck, it is from ingenious tactics!

Scout - Tig and Nour. Come on, the S52 SMJHL Draft was a straight up home run. We got in maybe a dozen rookies that season, and we still have at least 9 of them, I believe. This season and next season we have so many capped players you might as well call us Captain America. (get it? Cap? haha)

Clubhouse Leader - Now this may come as a shock, but I'm going to have to say Tig and Nour again. They provide energy when we need it, and they can be cool, calm, and collected when we need that, too.

[Image: UCTqPUg.png]

A negotiator - I'm going to start my front office choices off poorly by showing my massive Armada's bias by selecting @Acsolap as the best negotiator in the SHL. I've been lucky enough to play under him and benefit from his great personnel choices and quality draft performances. Following up a great S52 draft where he nabbed a fantastic D man at #8, he draft two superstar forwards in S53 in @Chrisda19 and @KenitohMenara and infused Anchorage with top talent.

A strategist - @golden_apricot was a super easy choice for strategist. He is very familiar with FHM and I have routinely gone to him asking for advice in the past. I know that others have also sought his help for their builds so it's not just my Armada bias doing the talking. He's always been super available and helpful sharing his immense knowledge and I have accepted it graciously and without question.

A scout - This was by far the easiest personnel decision of the four of them. @StamkosFan has had many many seasons of experience evaluating young talent, gaining insight, and working with prospects. His prospect evaluation and ranking skills are legendary and there is nobody in the league that I would trust more for outreach and scouting.

A clubhouse leader - @JSS Calm, cool, and collected is how I'd describe this character. A great choice for clubhouse leader.

Player Updates
Player Page
Twitter

The Negotiator: LukeTD. What a great guy this man is. I had a great time going to Vancouver and having him at the helm of it all. My brother had already been on the team and spoke to him about adding me in the current roster. The core was together and the lockeroom was already with strong chemistry and good cohesion. He did a great job talking to me and making sure I was a right fit for the team and understanding my role and what can be done if we keep the good vibes. Everyone probably knows, we ended up making the finals and also winning the cup in the SMJHL

The Strategist: Aaron Wilson. He puts in a lot of work with the system and understanding what lines would work and what gives us the best chance to win. He could just make notes and excel files and see what is the best possible strategy for our team going into every matchup. I would want him looking at the team film and setting tactics, I know he would put the team in a great position to win

Scout: Fuzz. Already being in the minors, he has a good eye for what is available and on the come up. He knows probably more prospects than most people because of his involvement with the junior system. He can see the direction players and users are going in. With that intel, he makes it a perfect fit.

ClubHouse Leader: Ron Mexico. I had the luxury of playing a couple of seasons with him in Winnipeg way back in the SHL before I went inactive. He was a good guy to be around and a legend in the sim. Its who people want to become when they make it to the SHL. Hes like our Wayne Gretzky. So who better than him, am i right?

[Image: Bruins10.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic , @Ragnar and @sulovilen for the sexy Signature

04-06-2020, 01:29 PMslothfacekilla Wrote: [Image: 4NcJVAu.jpg]

I am score

[Image: Fitted_3.png]

2x 4Star Cup Champ s49 s50

1x commissioners excellence award s 50
(This post was last modified: 04-06-2020, 04:49 PM by O4L.)

The Negotiator: Gorlab. Gorlab ran the most successful player agency of all-time and got Adam Kylrad a 60 million dollar three-year contract with the Minnesota Chiefs back in the day which is still the biggest contract of all-time. Having him negotiate with players would guarantee we always get the best of them in negotiations.

The Strategist: Wade in his prime. Having Wade as our strategist while he was still head commish would mean we'd never lose. He'd ban all these horrid members that spend all day test simming and bring back casual ole' shl where everyone was just here for a casual sim league, before I ruined the league completely by recruiting all these no lifers off of Reddit.

A Scout: Nykonax. He probably needs some kind of title worked into his next contract extension to get him to re-sign so making him scout makes all the sense in the world.

A clubhouse leader: If there was a hall of fame for locker room leaders then Kylrad could be in it. Nobody could ever say Kylrad was a negative influence on any LR in SHL history, although, nobody could say he was a positive influence either. The good news is that since he's so quiet there's no chance anyone would ever find him annoying which is great for team morale.

[Image: 57879_s.gif]
[Image: 37742_s.gif]
[Image: jov7Yk9.png]

"“HA HA! THIS GAME WILL NEVER END! I POSSESS THE SOUL OF EVERY GOALIE ON TEAM B!! CREW 4 LIFE!! SIGN WITH EDMONTON FOR THE CUP!!!” cackled Belial as he placed a Fedora on his head."
SMJHL Commisioner S17-S26
Calgary Dragons GM S14-S23

Here is my dream front office:
Negotiator: @ml002 - ML drafted me to Toronto so he gets a +1 for that. What I want out of the 'negotiator' position is someone who is down to earth and laid back. Who can strike up a conversation with members of the team and not put them on guard. ML is really relate-able and realistic about his roster. He's easy to negotiate with but is good at looking to the future to see where there will be potential holes in the roster.
Strategist: @Mook - Mook was my co-GM for team British Isles for this season's WJC. He's really good at building lines and strategies and knowing which builds work well together. Plus he runs an awesome game of warewolf so I want him to have a place in my front office because he's fun.
Scout: @Donini13 - My current GM in Anaheim gets the nod here. Donini has a clear strategy for identifying guys that will gel in our locker room and he executes it perfectly. Like ML, Donini is easy to talk to and it doesn't take long for him to get a feel for how a personality will fit into a locker room.
Clubhouse leader: @Geekusoid - In fake hockey, the locker room is a player's main interaction with the site. The locker room needs to be light, inclusive and fun. Geek is really good at keeping conversation going and interacting with the new players to help them feel integrated. He's funny and is always keeping the tone of the conversation upbeat and positive.
If that's not a dream team, I don't know what is.

[Image: notoriousTRON.gif]
Sig Cred: Carpy, ML, RainDelay, Donini & Geekusoid
[Image: gs89eGV.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-06-2020, 05:23 PM by Jerppu.)

A negotiator - @MarlinManiac4 is a stat freak. He would be able to reason his deal proposals so well by showing in depth stats of the player who thinks they should earn more than they are actually worth for the team. He would ruthless in negotiations.

A strategist - @StamkosFan is a beast when it comes to research and knowledge in the game. What he doesn't know he will find out. With him in my front office, we would be unstoppable and our opponents would lose their minds playing against us.

A scout - @Clean Andrei Kostitsyn would be a great scout for my front office. I would just tell him to go on every hockey match he can and look for his brother, at the same he could scout find some absolute gems to our organization. I bet he would attend at least 500 games a year.

A clubhouse leader - @Thatguy91 was a great leader for us in Colorado. Supportive on and off the ice. He would be that guy who we all can trust. In up and downs he would be with us and makes sure that we will work as a team, keeping spirits high and eye on the prize. 

[Image: HuuveriCUDA.png]
 Raptors Raptors Sweden Thanks to @JSS for the sig! Sweden Barracuda Barracuda 

04-06-2020, 05:06 PMnotoriousTRON Wrote: Clubhouse leader: @Geekusoid - In fake hockey, the locker room is a player's main interaction with the site. The locker room needs to be light, inclusive and fun. Geek is really good at keeping conversation going and interacting with the new players to help them feel integrated. He's funny and is always keeping the tone of the conversation upbeat and positive.
If that's not a dream team, I don't know what is.

Who paid you to say that?   Liar liar pants on fire. <3

I think that if I was going to hold the position in a front office of an SHL team, I would want to be a coach/strategist. I think that switching to FHM has allowed for so much more depth in running strategies for teams and players. While I don't have experience in FHM, I have been playing EHM for a while now and I think that and my knowledge of playing hockey would translate pretty easily to FHM. I also find doing builds and picking strategies to be very interesting, and even more now that FHM is being used as the sim engine. I know that it takes all types of players to make a great team, so I'd be able to help out and give advice to players who are thinking of building in order to fill a certain role on a team. I think this job would be the most fun and most interesting part about running an SHL team. It's the most fun part of playing a Simulation hockey game.

Mika Kandinsky Stars 

[Image: mika_kandinsky.gif]