Create Account

S53 PT #3 - Build A Front Office
(This post was last modified: 04-06-2020, 06:17 PM by hhh81.)

The Negotiator: Could it be anyone other than @WannabeFinn ? What SHL GM hasn't he bent over backwards in a trade in the last year? This guy's as good as they come. He almost singlehandedly ended Minnesota as a viable SHL franchise, both before and after Daco-gate. This is one shrewd dude.

The Strategist: this was a hard one, as there's a number of talented tacticians league wide. I'm going to go with @Tomen because he is one of the hardest working people day in and day out to make Buffalo look good competitively (as well as Team Germany). What sets him apart is his ability to teach the game to others, shown by how he calmly helps teach the ungrateful fucks in Buffalo how to not suck. The team is in good hands with Tomen.

The Scout: Is it vain if I pick myself? Because I'm picking myself. Look at my track record over the last 6 or so seasons as GM of the Raptors. My #1 priority is helping new users adapt and engage with the site. I don't hit on every prospect (no one does), but I've shown time and time again I can find high quality talent, no matter the round. And from there, I work hard to help support new users as they get a feel for the site. It's what I love and why I do what I do here. Plus, paired with Finn's ability to rack up more picks and Tomen's elite strategies, I can help get the most out of a prospect pool.

The Heart & Soul Leader: This is a very challenging one to lock in, as sometimes you can't really define *it*. You know *it* when you see *it*. I almost went with @notorioustig. No matter how many times the sim, his friends, or his enemies kick him in the head, he still gets back up and tries to do well by others. I respect him as a peer and a friend, and I can't say negative things about Detroit because of him (even if I'm sick of the skree skree bullshit).

However, as I think about it more, the answer has to be @bilbo. Do you not know bilbo? Fuck you, and go get in line. Bilbo is the kindest, sweetest human on this site. They are my favorite and I will fight anyone who questions their honor. That's the kind of person you go over the hill for and block shots to protect. 

So that's the team. Tomen, WBF, bilbo, and myself. How could we lose?

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

A negotiator - This is the one I had to think about the least. It’s @WannabeFinn. With free agency and contract negotiations barely being a thing in this league, I want the guy who is going to win trades. The first name that comes to mind when I think of winning trades is Finn.

A strategist - There are a lot of good options here, but I’m going with the homer pick. My guy is @ml002. I have a lot of confidence in him when it comes to putting lines together and making adjustments throughout the season. I don't know how much experience he has with FHM, but I believe in him.

A scout - This one was really easy too. I’m taking @luketd. He’s good with the numbers, and I really respect his opinion on users/players. In the conversations I’ve had with him, we’ve agreed on a lot of things. I’d trust him to draft my team.

A clubhouse leader - This one took me a bit, but then I remembered @Fitted2106 exists. The heart and soul of Carolina. He is the guy I want in my locker room to get everyone up for a big playoff game.

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!

[Image: Mh0k3Xg.jpg]

I had the strict assurance of hotdog that this meets muster for the graphic PT stuff.

[Image: 0K3YdqN.png]

Agent of Nick Brain: Center/Right Winger - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of John Torrance: Advisor to the General Manager - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of Anatoli Terrorov: Head Coach - Colorado Raptors

Nick Brain Player Profile: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91326
Nick Brain Update Thread: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91332

PT pass

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath

A negotiator - If I had to pick an individual who I would consider to be especially talented at this position, I think I would honestly go with @Clean Andrei Kostitsyn. I think this is an individual who sees the big picture, can convince you to play for more than just money and make the the difficult decisions necessary for the team to find success. No doubt in my mind about it.

A strategist - @LordBirdman literally is a coach now so I'm going to have to go with him. He's got big plans (don't mention anything about his hare-brained bank/interest idea) but clearly is flexible in also making his own player a scorer when the team needed one. Not a shred of self-sacrifice in this talented coach.

A scout - @"NeonLime" would be the go to guy as he's slowly developing a reputation in the Newfoundland Berserker locker room for keeping track of our rookies, getting on their case when they even trip up even slightly in their development. No doubt with the high expectation he has in combination with his eye for weeding out the weak, anybody who fails to meet them weren't capable of becoming great anyways.

A clubhouse leader - @Rindiee Easy choice for this because I've gotten the privilege to experience the leadership, hype and mood setting ability of the captain of the Berserkers. Always with a hop in his step (i've never seen him walk so I assume he can do that) and an optimistic and welcoming atmosphere in the locker room when he's around.

[Image: 1rdovVs.gif]

[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]

Im going to make the new head office for Kelowna, but i am going to use only our S54 rookies
The Negotiator - This one is going to be @GeckoeyGecko, not that i think that he will attract free agents to join our team, but because i think he could annoy other GM's into giving him favorable trades inorder to stop getting pinged by him on discord
The Strategist - @Snoopdogg will be our strategist, on a more serious side snoop has been very active in the Kelowna locker room and even before recently joining us in the actual front office was throwing out possible ideas to help with the fitness fiasco that is currently going down
The Scout - We are going to have 2 scouts in Kelowna @MyLittleHexx will be our recreate scout as he has been around the SHL a while and will know who the gems are, and @RotticusScott will be the new create scout as he is involved with other sim leagues as well and will know more about those who come over from them
The Clubhouse Leader - This will be @MrRuihu as Ruihu has been really active in the locker room and the game streams, as well as being able to bring snacks from work

[Image: 60133_s.gif]
[Image: W3cWGCN.png][Image: 3XEVZeB.png]
 Timber Steelhawks norway norway Steelhawks Timber  
Knights  Renegades norway   norway Renegades Knights
(This post was last modified: 04-06-2020, 09:21 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

[Image: eS86xVd.jpg]

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

[Image: unknown.png]

[Image: BirdmanSHL.gif]

Jean-François Bokassa
Armada

Proud Father of Johnny Wagner-Svenson

[Image: unknown.png]
Sven Svenson Career Stats

Sweden Raptors pride

Strategist - This one's easy, gotta be my boy @Fitted2106 . Yeah the Cudas haven't had the most success since the swap over to FHM, but I trust in the Church of Fitted and his vast knowledge of the FHM systems to carry us through these dark times and lead us to success in the future.

Scout - Easily Noble. Not only was @Noble one of the first people that contacted me in the SHL, he's also one of the only people that scouted me and actually tried to have a conversation with me rather than just ask me a bunch of standard questions.

Clubhouse Leader - I'm gonna go with @Nictox on this one. As my GM in St. Louis he was always great for getting us hyped for playoffs, the new season, etc. As well as being incredible helpful with builds and also consoling the team when we would have some tough losses. A true leader through and through.

Code:
157 words

[Image: rankle.gif]
[Image: 9rbVE0N.png]

Barracuda Chomp Chomp Water Dog Barracuda
Scarecrows Scarecrow Noises Scarecrows
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

A negotiator – my negotiator would be Esa hands down, this man can talk a dog off a meat wagon, he can get a woman in a white fur coat to buy a ketchup popsicle. In other words he’s an all star when it comes to getting people to do things especially if it’s an effort ratio of 90/10. Something about the way he talks to people, his knowledge of all things enchanting coupled with the fact that if you don’t end up agreeing to his deal he couldn’t give a shit.

A strategist – my strategist would be Mike Izzy he has a brain for strategy and and is always there to give good advice, he spends most of his free time analyzing players builds and game analysis. If he had successful personal relationships we would be screwed.

A scout – my scout would undeniably be Slappy McDoodle he’s a real wiz at spotting talent he’s not so bad at spotting tail either. Slappy is a real chit chatter he likes to talk to people he’s good with people, he likes to get a feel for what people really want and where they want to be. For instance he knows I’d love to be in his wife’s pants.

[Image: Depositphotos-46829959-original-1024x602.jpg]

04-06-2020, 10:12 PMAlex Mack Wrote: A negotiator – my negotiator would be Esa hands down, this man can talk a dog off a meat wagon, he can get a woman in a white fur coat to buy a ketchup popsicle. In other words he’s an all star when it comes to getting people to do things especially if it’s an effort ratio of 90/10. Something about the way he talks to people, his knowledge of all things enchanting coupled with the fact that if you don’t end up agreeing to his deal he couldn’t give a shit.

A strategist – my strategist would be Mike Izzy he has a brain for strategy and and is always there to give good advice, he spends most of his free time analyzing players builds and game analysis. If he had successful personal relationships we would be screwed.

A scout – my scout would undeniably be @Slappydoodle Slappy McDoodle he’s a real wiz at spotting talent he’s not so bad at spotting tail either. Slappy is a real chit chatter he likes to talk to people he’s good with people, he likes to get a feel for what people really want and where they want to be. For instance he knows I’d love to be in his wife’s pants.

(This post was last modified: 04-06-2020, 11:48 PM by Alex Mack.)

04-06-2020, 11:46 PMAlex Mack Wrote:
04-06-2020, 10:12 PMAlex Mack Wrote: A negotiator – my negotiator would be Esa hands down, this man can talk a dog off a meat wagon, he can get a woman in a white fur coat to buy a ketchup popsicle. In other words he’s an all star when it comes to getting people to do things especially if it’s an effort ratio of 90/10. Something about the way he talks to people, his knowledge of all things enchanting coupled with the fact that if you don’t end up agreeing to his deal he couldn’t give a shit.

A strategist – my strategist would be @mike izzy Mike Izzy he has a brain for strategy and and is always there to give good advice, he spends most of his free time analyzing players builds and game analysis. If he had successful personal relationships we would be screwed.

A scout – my scout would undeniably be @Slappydoodle Slappy McDoodle he’s a real wiz at spotting talent he’s not so bad at spotting tail either. Slappy is a real chit chatter he likes to talk to people he’s good with people, he likes to get a feel for what people really want and where they want to be. For instance he knows I’d love to be in his wife’s pants.

(This post was last modified: 04-06-2020, 11:50 PM by Alex Mack.)

04-06-2020, 11:46 PMAlex Mack Wrote:

A strategist – my strategist would be @MikeIzzy Mike Izzy he has a brain for strategy and and is always there to give good advice, he spends most of his free time analyzing players builds and game analysis. If he had successful personal relationships we would be screwed.

04-06-2020, 08:38 PMRedCapeDiver Wrote: Im going to make the new head office for Kelowna, but i am going to use only our S54 rookies
The Negotiator - This one is going to be @GeckoeyGecko, not that i think that he will attract free agents to join our team, but because i think he could annoy other GM's into giving him favorable trades inorder to stop getting pinged by him on discord
The Strategist - @Snoopdogg will be our strategist, on a more serious side snoop has been very active in the Kelowna locker room and even before recently joining us in the actual front office was throwing out possible ideas to help with the fitness fiasco that is currently going down
The Scout - We are going to have 2 scouts in Kelowna @MyLittleHexx will be our recreate scout as he has been around the SHL a while and will know who the gems are, and @RotticusScott will be the new create scout as he is involved with other sim leagues as well and will know more about those who come over from them
The Clubhouse Leader - This will be @MrRuihu as Ruihu has been really active in the locker room and the game streams, as well as being able to bring snacks from work

bro @JayWhy wouldnt let me do that

[Image: sig-e-e-geck-atl.png]

e

One day after my playing career is over, I hope to be able to step into a front office role, specifically taking over as a GM. Here are a few people I would love to have working in my front office one day. 

The Strategist- @Cobbenstein

A fellow Maine Timber player, Shepherd has a great mind for hockey. He is constantly talking strategy with the captains and the coach. If you see Maine line up for a set play, there is a very good chance that Shepherd drew it up during practice one day. 

The Leader- @hockeyiscool

Dwight is the ultimate hype man. His ability to get a locker room excited and into a game is unbelievable. 

The Scout- @sve7en

Currently a scout for the Carolina Kraken, he has a keen eye for finding diamonds in the rough. Carolina had a great S53 draft, even though they only had late round picks, mostly due to the effort put in by Wagner. 

The Negotiator- @Faelax

This is more than likely the role I would leave for myself. I have always had a good eye for numbers, so I feel like I would be good at managing the cap. 

[Image: Faelax.gif]
[Image: aroach.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png]    [Image: DNLeeu0.png]