Create Account

S53 SMJHL PT #3 - Settling In

NSFL Ultimus Week

[Image: 1PU6YuX.png]
         [Image: JiycRrd.png]

When asked how he thought the season had been going on a personal level, Keahi had only one word to describe it. Terrible. When asked to explain, he went into detail how he had little to no impact on the ice during games. Sure he had scored three goals in his first 12 or so games, but aside from that he was just a body on the ice. No one really wanted to drop the gloves, even though he tried. Keahi even thought that the referees were missing obvious calls, complaining that he should have more then 4 penalty minutes this season. Another statistic he thought was lacking was hits, saying that he still hasn't adjusted to the speed of the game at this level and he is still learning where he needs to be to make the hit. Usually he is a full second behind when trying to make a hit, and ends up completely missing his mark.

Sven Holmberg

[Image: hexx55.gif]

[Image: mitochondriafigure1.jpg]
Player Page | Update Page

It has been less than a week since Mats Marner had signed with the Newfoundland Berserkers of the Simulation Major Junior Hockey League as an undrafted free agent. Having played five games in four days since joining the team, it is still taking some time for Marner to adjust to the quantity of games being played in a short period of time. In addition, coming over from Lviv Ukraine, Marner is also adjusting to life playing on North American ice with less open space which should complement his physical style of play. Even though Marner is still working on becoming fluent English speaker, he has been enjoying the east coast Canadian lifestyle with the laidback, easygoing friendly vibes from members of the Newfoundland community. Likewise, he has been impressed with the amount of attention hockey players get in Canada, even at the junior level. As a member of the Berserkers, Marner is still getting use to being treated as a local superstar getting a lot of media and public attention in Newfoundland. Overall, Marner has had a positive experience during his first week with the Newfoundland Berserkers and looks forward to seeing what is in store in the near future with the team.

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars

Linus Grimstad entered the SMJHL without too much fanfare as an undrafted free agent signing with the Carolina Kraken. The Norwegian center has only notched two assists so far in twelve games, clearly taking time to adjust to the new country. “It is very different”, Grimstad responded when asked about what life is like now after spending his entire life and hockey career in Norway beforehand. “Living in Charlotte is new. I had never been to America before, only left Norway to go to Sweden. I already learned some English in school, but being here takes some time to adjust to. Luckily the team has been very helpful to me and my family, and my teammates have been great. Playing in the SMJHL is very challenging. The players here are very strong, very quick, and very talented. But I am working as hard as I can to get better. I want to help Carolina improve and I want to show SHL teams my talent before the draft.”

Past players:
(S3) C/D - Turd Ferguson (HOF)
(S7) LW - Anton Wagner
(S13) RW - Christian Bauer
(S18) D - Turd Ferguson, Jr.
(S30) D - William Goddard
(This post was last modified: 04-08-2020, 11:36 PM by DaftRaincloud.)

Thorbjörn has taken to life in Anchorage quickly. The Alaskan weather is reminiscent to his life in Oslo and the people around the city are very welcoming. On the ice the rookie has been performing about as good as he could have hoped. Through 18 games Thorbjörn has four goals and four assists, and the team and the coaching staff are allowing him to play his game the way he wants to play it. He's allowed to dangle, to cut through the defense with flashy dekes and try to get in front of the net, all great stuff for the young player's development. His teammates have been very supportive both on and off the ice. The team dinners that are mandatory once a week have been great at building chemistry for the young team. There was some hesitance that so many rookies in the same locker room could create a power struggle, but the leadership of the captains so far has been a great guidance for Thorbjörn and the rest of the young boats.

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/glswenson.gif[/img]

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/agentchadjohnson.gif[/img]

(This post was last modified: 04-07-2020, 01:35 AM by Murtsi.)

I have really enjoyed my time so far in the Simulation Major Junior Hockey League! I did not enter through any of the usual routes that we call the draft. I had a long hard think and was not sure I would be eligible for the draft or that any team would pick me up. Then quite quickly after the draft I had a change of heart over the whole issue and decided that I wanted to make a name for myself in the SMJHL. After putting my name out there, I was quickly contacted by the management of the Detroit Falcons. After working out the details, I quickly signed a deal with them. I have only been here a few days and already gotten my first ice time. It was a tough loss to the Whalers but I will not let that affect my going. All my teammates in the locker room have taken me in really well and I am so glad I decided to enter the league and join the Falcons!

[Image: MrEjaPX.png]

[Image: M6lTFl2.jpg]

Settling into the SMJHL has been a relatively easy thing to accomplish for Renji Atake. Moving to Newfoundland from Manitoba has only been a short distance, and Newfoundland as a team has a strong group of leaders to help ease the transition into a league that is more competitive than anything that Renji has ever played in. The most difficult adjustment has been the distance of travel, as teams across the SMJHL span from ranges of Carolina, California and Alaska. Over the first handful of games Renji Atake has been shown to be fitting quite nicely into the Newfoundland Berserkers lineup, as he managed to secure 5 total points in his first 13 games of play. Much thanks to the coaching, and the captains of the team, Renji will be looking to develop heavily over the course of this season, and hopes to be a key piece into the Berserkers playoff run.

152 words

[Image: OzriPox.png]

Player Page - Update Page

artermis,Feb 2 2017, 04:11 PM Wrote:9gag pretty lit tho

[Image: GTXdeh2.jpg]

[Image: x7WZYBT.gif]
[Image: hTAHbeC.png][Image: OaCJVMI.png] | [Image: pMYriGC.png]

[Image: i19ZzLF.png]

MFW the graphic needs to feature five stats and I really only have one :(

5 - Chet Hillier - LD

Now roughly one-third of the way into the season, Outlaws Rookie Defenseman James LeBlond has adapted fairly well to life a big city. Going from the smaller city of Biddeford with around 21,000 people to being in a city with over 350,000 is no easy task, but LeBlond seem to have adjusted well thus far, not looking terribly out of place on the SMJHL ice. Through 15 games, the young right defenseman finds himself with 2 Goals and 6 Assists for 8 Points and a -2 Rating, tying veteran Alex Petrenko for the team lead of most points by a Defenseman. LeBlond also is tied with fellow rookie Emilia Bergman, the Swedish Standout, for 2nd on the blue line with their Defensive Grade at 63.

When asked how he's felt he's done so far, he quipped "Well, the fact I actually got two goals, let alone one, is why I'm feeling good. I got the jitters out of the way early, the team has been a great fit for me, and I'm just ready to go every single game to get that W. I don't care if I go scoreless the rest of the season, I'll take the W any day of the week over lighting the lamp personally."

The SMJHL is a tough league with good players and adjusting on the fly has been difficult. Fortunately for me, I've been able to make these adjustments with the help of amazing management and teammates. Having other great rookies like Bork Lazer and Alexi Petrikov to lean on has been helpful and has made the transition easier just for not having to go through everything alone. Having guys there, going through the same thing, having the same growing pains and making the same mistakes takes the edge off the experience. I don't feel alone, I feel at home in Anchorage now after being here a few weeks. The city has also seemed to welcome us with open arms, people here love the team and we're happy to play for them. I hope we're putting on a good show for them! As of right now, we're first in the West and the team isn't going to let that go easily... Playing for something gives me a goal, and it seems to be shaping our identity as a team, we're never out of any game, and we're in it for the long haul. I'm in it for the long haul here in my new home too.

[Image: SAwful.gif]

[Image: 4NkSjIm.png]  ||  [Image: 7bttGDC.png]

Armada  ||  Uk  ||  Wolfpack

I have quickly learned to love the Charlotte area as the season has moved forward. There are all the essentials that I need to keep myself at peak performance and getting better as time progresses. Last week I met with a coach to help increase my skills as a player, and boy was that useful! I have shown promise, I am slowly building good skills that are going to help myself and my teammates perform at our best. While it has been weird getting used to a much better field of players, I think I am up to the task to keep making strides towards perfection and moving up to the big leagues! I do have some goals for myself and my team alike however. We might not be winning games, but boy are we playing with some heart. We have a solid group of rookies (myself included) that are working our asses off to get better. I truly think that by the end of the season we will be a team to be reckoned with. By the end of the year the rest of the SMJHL will be dreading the thought of having to play us. I love this team, and I love this city.  Kraken

[Image: panico.png]

Grapefruit Lizard has settled fairly well onto the ice, especially considering in his home town of Rio, ice doesn't exist. So far, Lizard has been productive in the few games he has had to play in, and fondly remembers last week when he scored and his teammates shouted joy for their friend. Being a center, Lizard has also had to partake in his fair share of fights, but growing up on the streets of Rio, fighting in hockey was a piece of cake to learn. The hardest part was just learning how to skate! STL has been an absolute thrill to be apart of, and their locker room is amazing. The GMs and alumni have been great at getting me settled in and showing the ropes to the amazing name of Grapefruit Lizard. Lizard "can't wait to be apart of this franchise for years to come." Grapefruit Lizard is just waiting for the next goal to smack into the posts.

[Image: zuck_1.jpg]
[Image: ddIlIkT.png][Image: Citadel-NAVY-Wavy-Line-65K.gif][Image: qzGJBye.png]

Settling in Colorado was hard for me at first. I was far from my family and had to talk to them only through the internet. At least, I could still play some Chel with my little cousin. I now have a salary to pay for my Xbox Live subscription. I even paid for my cousins'! He was really glad.

Now, I'm pretty much over the whole homesick thing. I made a friend, John, who works at the Dinosaur National Monument. It's only a 4h drive from home, so I try to go there as much as I can. I've learned so much about dinosaurs. I'm starting to think I should just keep playing in the SMJHL forever, so I can keep going. I don't think I'll ever learn all there is to know about these giant lizards, just as I don't think I'll ever get tired of learning about them.

[Image: lespoils.gif]

There wasn't much hope for Jack Klompus when it was announced that he was represented by the Toast Player Agency. The last Toast player to find success was hall of famer Brett Broadway. However, Klompus has been one of the surprises of the season for the Newfoundland Berserkers both on the ice and off. On the ice, Klompus finds himself on the second pair with fellow rookie PBJ Souppan. The two have had some trouble getting started but look like they will be a force to come.

Off the ice, Klompus has become a core part of the Newfoundland locker room. Word from players of the team that Klompus is showing much more focus on improving his game and being part of the team going into the future, something that was lacking with previous Toast players. Current potential for the player is through the roof. With a player agency that has showed it can guide players in a previous era of the SWF, Klompus has the tools to be one of the top prospects in the SHL Entry Draft.

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]