Create Account

Luketd's AMA/Presser
(This post was last modified: 04-11-2020, 09:38 PM by luke.)

Can be graded

Since a lot of people are doing one, id throw my hat in as well. Since I entered the league 21 months ago, I think I changed the SHL for the better. I met a lot of great people on the site, and even met a couple of them(shoutout to Shiny, Off, and Static). Ive held a lot of jobs on the site

Jobs in Order
Updater
Mentor(fired bc I became co gm)
Vancouver Co-GM
Vancouver GM
Manhattan Co-GM
Mentor (again)
PT Team(kinda forced my way in there lol)
"Site Management and FHM Work"

and hopefully more to come.

I created the Trade Histories of (almost) every trade in the SHL, as well as creator of the Pingy bot.

I am the 8th highest TPE earner on the site ever, with 2143 TPE earned before I hit regression. I posted over 200 Threads, and over 4800 Posts since Ive been on the site.

I also just created the Simulation Hockey Network as well last week, so there are  a lot of things to ask. Everything is on the table, from Trades that Ive been apart of, to where I want to see the SHN to go. Anything can be asked. Smile

04-06-2020, 07:25 PMXLeafer Wrote: Look at luke man, such an inspiration

Also why are you so successful

I kinda entered the SHL at the right time, my online friend group were not really talking anymore and it was summer, so I decided to join, and fell in love with the concept. And then just I became focused on earning the most TPE in the draft class. And from taht I wanted to track my draft class(and then like 3 or 4 after mine before giving up).  So with tracking those draft classes I created media from that, and it earned me a ton of money and I enojyed it. But I then moved onto different media things, like trades and stuff like that. So to answer the question on why im so successful, I guess its because im always trying to do something in the SHL.

04-06-2020, 07:25 PMJSS Wrote: does size matter  Interview asking for @hotdog

Yes, the size of your stick is important when you are stickchecking in the neutral zone

04-06-2020, 07:34 PMZ0REM Wrote: What is there left for you to do now? And why is it president of the United States?

Its most definetly NOT president lol. And the plan for right now is to work on the SHN to be the best it can be. I got a great group around me, and we are producing some great media, so hopefully people enjoy it.

04-06-2020, 07:46 PMnykonax Wrote: efiug?

Efiug was a great pickup for me in Vancouver, great guy.

04-06-2020, 07:57 PMSmalinowski7 Wrote: Will you adopt me?

To ask a serious question as well, as one of your 'co-founders' of SHN, what types of things do you hope we can cover or expand to in the future that hasn't really been on our radar just yet?

Well considering youre older than me it would be kinda difficult.

But I think we could do like a documentary type series, bring some really cool stories to the SHL, that isnt well known, or well documented. And then once we get more data throughout the years, so some type of comparison season by season on some of the leagues best players. Something like that, just needs to take time to do.

04-06-2020, 08:04 PMjfisherr Wrote: Manhattan is known to be a team full of Czechian players such as yourself, Alaska, CoA, Shiny, and everyone else i’m too lazy to give reference to, yet MAN hasn’t drafted a notable Czechian player in recent SHL history. What vendetta do you have against the prospects hailing from Czechia that is preventing you from drafting them?

Well I never drafted an Czechia members yet, thats all JY. But we havent drafted an CZechia members yet because there hasnt been a ton of Czechias as recreates, as well as there isnt one that fell to us. Being 10-16 a lot doesnt help.

04-06-2020, 08:05 PMjfisherr Wrote: Who is your favourite user on MAN? Fav user not on MAN?
What have you been most impressed by with the switch to FHM?
What position will your next player be?

Probably Infidel, we have been through a lot in the SHL. We were GMs together in the SMJHL. He is our coach in Manhattan. But its hard to choice favorites when I like everyone on the team. Fav user not on MAN would probably be Trella. But again its hard to decide, I have made a lot of friends on the site. But ill go with trella

Ive been impressed with the sims, I really like them

Probably a Center, or a defenseman

04-06-2020, 08:06 PMInf1d3l Wrote: What one moment stands out to you most and why?

Any moments you regret along the way?

How long til we hail you as Commish?

One moment that stands out the most is winning the 4 star cup. Even though the CHallenge cup is great, that S48 4 star was the first Cup I won as a GM, and the group that we won with was a special one. Also going to 7 games, and watching that game with literal shivers, and the excitment, I was jumping up and down when it said we won. But with Manhattan winning, my grandparents were over, so when it was sim time I went to the bathroom and with a lot of nervousness I was watching the sim. But the sim was behind, so I forgot who @ed me in GM chat said congrats. I had to celebrate quietly or else I would have gotten a lot of questions.

There isnt many regrets along the way,there are minor ones that I probably have. But I liked everything ive done on the site.

And I will never be commish. That job is something I dont have an interest in right now. I think I could serve the SHL better outside of it, and doing a lot of things at once than commiting to 1 particular thing.

04-06-2020, 08:39 PMCementHands Wrote: Why is gritty easily the best mascot?
How does it feel to be a league champion?
Will I win something one day, or am I destined for failure?

Gritty is the best because he is just so unique. When I found out about gritty I was at work and my co-worker and i were talking about it. First I thought it was scary, but Grittys antics made it gritty. He is a mascot for Philly.

It feels great, though i need my cup @DrunkenTeddy

Who knows man, JR is a good GM, so maybe.

04-06-2020, 09:07 PMNhamlet Wrote: What are you most proud of having accomplished so far?

If you had a genie grant you any ambitious wish at the cost of no longer participating in the SHL, what sort of legacy/project would you want to leave behind for other users of the SHL in the future?

SHL Trade Histories.  It took me a long while to do, and I was proud of what I did for the Community. Having the resource is something that will be here forever. I enjoy updating it, and fixing any mistakes Ive had. And doing the trade trees was one of the most fun things Ive did as media.

And I think if I got 1 wish, it would be to get all the index's back that are lost to us. Wouldnt be a project, but just something that we are missing that I would love to get back.

04-06-2020, 09:27 PMMike Izzy Wrote: You’ve been around a while now sir Luke... please answer these below,,,

- Top 5 best players you have played against on the ice?
- 3 most memorable moments on and off the ice.
- Should the parm-pigeon get a ring for the s50 Calgary cup?

Thanks and god bless -

Thats a though one, there are a lot of players ive played against. Jason Visser is one. What a beast of a player. OF course Izzy, as I was facing him at his peak when I started out in the SHL. THen I would say scoring against a goalie like McFadden, even though he was very old at that time. Lundberg is another one. We were teammates the first season in SFP. And who could forget Cleo Green.

The best memorable moments would be winning the 4 star cup, and then the Challenge cup. And then the last one would probably when I Got drafted to the SMJHL.

And yes of course. He is just apart of the team as anyone

04-06-2020, 11:45 PMnotorioustig Wrote: Any other parody bots on the horizon? PingyBot is a masterpiece

maybe in teh summer ill spin Pingybot back up, and make it better than the POS version I have

04-07-2020, 12:12 AMTheHockeyist Wrote: You were the very first person I met on the site, and you showed me around. To this I owe an infinite amount of thanks. We were even on the same SMJHL team. A great mentor you were.

What was it like working together to help build my player so he could be transferred to the SHL? Any fond memories of that? And how do you think I'm faring in the SHL? Better/worse than you expected?

The whole 2 draft seasons Ive had in Vancouver were special. S46-S48 Vancouver Draft classes really were some of the best and worst times for me as GM of Vancouver. My whole strategy as a GM to get FA's is to look at the General SHL Discord and see the people who signed up, and shoot them a message on discord, as they usually respond faster there. And I remember you were one that was special. I think for Vancouver it takes a bit to get into the culture I had, and it took you a bit to talk more regularly. But you were a great member to us. And specific memories I dont think I have, but I remembering winning the 4 star cup that was the most excited ive seen the LR since I won the cup with Vancouver in S43. For your player in the SHL, I think you were called up a season too early to the SHL. I think if you were given another season to earn TPE you would have fared better. But from what I can see, every season you have improved, which makes me happy.  So Id say right about where I expect yuo to be at.

04-07-2020, 12:35 AMImShiny Wrote: who are you

im youre GM

04-07-2020, 02:34 AMGeckoeyGecko Wrote: holy hell, its been 21 months?

Geck youve been there for almost 2 years at this point

04-07-2020, 02:45 AMCarpy48 Wrote: What kept you motivated to invest so much time into all the work you've done here?

Probably that when I do have free time, im usually on discord and stuff. I am usually ontop of school work so I have a lot of free time when I get a lot of my school work done, and I get bored so I usually do something SHL related. For something like the trade histories, I know I was watching the Flyers play while doing that work. And last seasons Flyers were bad, so it kept me busy while still watching my favorite team.

04-07-2020, 04:42 AMMutedfaith Wrote: Which of the advanced stats in FHM is the most valuable to evaluate how good a player is, and why?

If you could completely overhaul one SHL department, which one would it be and how would you change it?

A lot of the Adv stats on here are just a component of Shots for and against your team, just personalized to your player. I think GF/60 and GA/60 would be the biggest. Becuase Shots are always nice, but I think they will get inflated on the really bad teams. And I mean GF/60 and GA/60 would be the same for bad teams as well, but I think they get the most out of it. I also like Corsi as a stat. Shows taht you are driving play to your opponent, though you always have to take it with a grain of salt, so Corsi Relative helps with that.

This one is a good question, I know Zoone will be doing a good job at the SHL Media Department but I am still going to choose to overhaul them. I dont know how to impliment this, but I just wish there was a way to reward really good media that isnt a wordvomit. Becuase like a really good 1k article is always better than a 3k Word Vomit someone threw together. Though I understand why people do that, I did that as well to earn money to afford things.

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

Look at luke man, such an inspiration

Also why are you so successful

[Image: giphy.gif]

does size matter Interview asking for @hotdog

[Image: 3.png]

What is there left for you to do now? And why is it president of the United States?

[Image: seamus.png]

Credit to Vulfzilla for the awesome render pic
[Image: gXlAFBa.png]|| [Image: 8CbZQAJ.png]

efiug?

Will you adopt me?

To ask a serious question as well, as one of your 'co-founders' of SHN, what types of things do you hope we can cover or expand to in the future that hasn't really been on our radar just yet?

[Image: smalinowski7.gif]
Sigs: Thanks JNH, Lime, Carpy, and ckroyal92 
(This post was last modified: 04-06-2020, 08:04 PM by fishy.)

Manhattan is known to be a team full of Czechian players such as yourself, Alaska, CoA, Shiny, and everyone else i’m too lazy to give reference to, yet MAN hasn’t drafted a notable Czechian player in recent SHL history. What vendetta do you have against the prospects hailing from Czechia that is preventing you from drafting them?

[Image: fishyshl.gif]
Thanks to everybody for the sigs :peepoheart:

[Image: czechpp.png][Image: czechup.png]

Who is your favourite user on MAN? Fav user not on MAN?
What have you been most impressed by with the switch to FHM?
What position will your next player be?

[Image: fishyshl.gif]
Thanks to everybody for the sigs :peepoheart:

[Image: czechpp.png][Image: czechup.png]

What one moment stands out to you most and why?

Any moments you regret along the way?

How long til we hail you as Commish?

I don't have a question. Just want to say thanks for podcasting with me. It has been fun. Keep being a great member of the SHL community.

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!

Why is gritty easily the best mascot?
How does it feel to be a league champion?
Will I win something one day, or am I destined for failure?

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

What are you most proud of having accomplished so far?

If you had a genie grant you any ambitious wish at the cost of no longer participating in the SHL, what sort of legacy/project would you want to leave behind for other users of the SHL in the future?

[Image: 1rdovVs.gif]

[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-06-2020, 09:28 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

You’ve been around a while now sir Luke... please answer these below,,,

- Top 5 best players you have played against on the ice?
- 3 most memorable moments on and off the ice.
- Should the parm-pigeon get a ring for the s50 Calgary cup?

Thanks and god bless -

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

answered up to here!

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

04-06-2020, 07:23 PMluketd Wrote: Since I entered the league 21 months ago, I think I changed the SHL for the better.

Lol

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]