Create Account

Dungeons & Dragons (5e)

Former DM/GM reporting in... Currently trying to create a star wars RPG one-shot campaign but have lots of older DnD exp.

[Image: tomasnz.gif]

Player Page

I play dnd. Right now Im running one for sw5e. Its pretty fun. I run IRL but with this Covid stuff we will have to go to roll20. i hate online tho

[Image: nokazoa.gif]

CURRENT PLAYER

[Image: sN8N4xa.png]         [Image: xd5tvj8.png]

FORMER PLAYER

[Image: ktJ2jTl.png]

Someone mentioned Matt Colville and I highly recommend his stuff. He helped a lot when I first wanted to DM for my friends.

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

04-11-2020, 06:52 PMTommySalami Wrote: Someone mentioned Matt Colville and I highly recommend his stuff. He helped a lot when I first wanted to DM for my friends.
Matt Colville and Web DM are my jam.  Matt Colville's Running The Game came  a little too late for my first session but is an awesome resource.  Also loved the one where he dove into 4e and pulled some of those mechanics out to make some interesting enemies.

[Image: x7WZYBT.gif]
[Image: hTAHbeC.png][Image: OaCJVMI.png] | [Image: pMYriGC.png]

04-11-2020, 07:37 PMSkeleton Party Wrote:
04-11-2020, 06:52 PMTommySalami Wrote: Someone mentioned Matt Colville and I highly recommend his stuff. He helped a lot when I first wanted to DM for my friends.
Matt Colville and Web DM are my jam.  Matt Colville's Running The Game came  a little too late for my first session but is an awesome resource.  Also loved the one where he dove into 4e and pulled some of those mechanics out to make some interesting enemies.

Do you watch Colville's The Chain

[Image: nokazoa.gif]

CURRENT PLAYER

[Image: sN8N4xa.png]         [Image: xd5tvj8.png]

FORMER PLAYER

[Image: ktJ2jTl.png]

04-11-2020, 07:37 PMSkeleton Party Wrote:

The first video he released about running the game came out right as I was planning to give DnD a try. It worked out perfectly for me!

I will admit I haven't kept up as of late with his videos but I'm sure they've only improved in quality.

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

I want to play more, but my friend group is really bad about writing campaigns and scheduling. I would do it, but I don't do well with story writing or map-making. Or scheduling.

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

I been a DM forever it seems like, always excited to talk about ideas!

[Image: EsVSFns.png][Image: uzmDXiJ.png]
Sigs by @Carpy48 and @tweedledunn

I have GMed a few campaigns and normally play in others when the world isn't on lockdown. I have mostly played 5e but have dabbled slightly in pathfinder 2e during the playtest. Always willing to roll some dice

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

While you're here, I saw Wizards is posting two weeks of free content. Definitely want to read over some of these 1-4 level modules

https://dnd.wizards.com/remote/freematerial

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

Hey man, I've been a 5e DM pretty much since 5e came out. Hit me up if you have any questions anytime.

[Image: Screen_Shot_2020-07-07_at_12.29.58_PM.png]

Currently DMing one game and playing in 2-3 others. I'm always down to talk about d&d more.

Also, you need to give in and just watch/listen to CR already. I'm sure you have a spare 800 hours, right? (Seriously, though, it's worth i!)

[Image: pb_olli.gif]

Profile | Updates

[Image: vtXGfpR.png]

[Image: N2ANQtw.png]

I play in 3 groups and I used to dm 1 for about 3 years (I am an accountant and my job now that I've graduated is super busy from Jan - May so I can't DM much anymore outside of the summer). I probably don't have the capacity to join anything SHL related but I'd be down to chat d&d whenever

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

04-14-2020, 08:55 PMprettyburn Wrote: Currently DMing one game and playing in 2-3 others. I'm always down to talk about d&d more.

Also, you need to give in and just watch/listen to CR already. I'm sure you have a spare 800 hours, right? (Seriously, though, it's worth i!)
I love CR and the quarantine break is slowly killing me. I need more CR.

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

I prefer to play but I can DM in a pinch, mostly I’m obsessed with world building and not following through lol. I have a homebrew campaign I’ve been working on for like three years, and I’m also about to run Curse of Strahd for some friends since we’re all never leaving the house again. I’m also in two other campaigns as a player, so I am juggling a lot of D&D right now.

I relate strongly to not being able to watch too much Matt Mercer for my own well-being - I can only watch professional actors play for so long before I start to question my own skills and have to turn it off for a bit, no matter how much I enjoy it!

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .