Create Account

S53 SMJHL PT #4 - Make the Case

04-12-2020, 08:13 PMGwdjohnson Wrote: With the season now just about halfway done, storylines are being established and predictions about how the seasons will end are prime to be made. So for this PT I will be handing it over to you guys to put your analyst caps on and make arguments based on the following set of prompts:

Code:
1. The wins record for a season in the SMJHL is 42. Detroit will beat that this season.

Code:
2. The points record for a season in the SMJHL is 72, by Jagger Fouquette in S50. Edward Williams of Detroit will snap that record this season.

Code:
3. The Vancouver Whalers are the biggest overachievers of this season.

Code:
4. The Anchorage Armada will end up finishing first in the league, beating Detroit to first spot.

Code:
5. The Esa Anrikkanen (Top Rookie) and Tom Corcoran (Top Goalie) trophies will be won by the same player.

Code:
6. Anchorage's Mitchell van der Heijden will break the SMJHL record in the 425 TPE Cap Era of 33 goals in a season.

Code:
7. Newfoundland will keep up their surprisingly great form and top 30 wins this season.

Code:
8. No team is strong enough to stop the finals being Detroit vs Anchorage this season.

Code:
9. The SMJHL shutout record of the 425 TPE Cap Era (5 by Ian Venables in S50) will be broken this season.

Edit to this one: If the record is broken by the time you write this, you can alternatively argue for the all-time record of 7 shutouts being set to be broken.

Code:
10. Carolina rookie Adam Friedland will set the SMJHL record for PIMs in the 425 TPE Cap Era (126 by Luc-Pierre Lespineau-Lebrunette) this season.

Code:
11. The Colorado Raptors have the best goal horn in the league.

Code:
12. Despite a so-so start to the season, defending 4-Star Cup champions Anaheim will finish the season with a .600 win % or higher.

Code:
13. Everyone on St. Louis will end the season with 10 or more penalty minutes.

Code:
14. Maine will not only make the playoffs, but make it past the first round.

Code:
15. Kelowna will finish third overall despite having a negative goal differential.

Code:
16. St. Louis' Danny Marston will finish the season with over 40 points, but no more than 5 goals (currently 2 goals and 16 assists in 22 games).

Code:
17. Every current rostered player in the SMJHL will end the season with at least 1 point.

Code:
18. Make a case for someone left out of an All-Star team to have been deserving of a spot (Keep it friendly).
( Link to All-Star teams here )

Task

Written option: Answer anywhere between 2-5 of the prompts below with whether you agree or disagree or them, and elaborate why. Alternatively, you may call BS on someone else's take as a response, rather than directly answering a prompt, too. You may do your submission as follows for the full prize:

- Answer 2 prompts for 75+ words each
- Answer 3 prompts for 50+ words each
- Answer 4 prompts for 35+ words each
- Answer 5 prompts for 25+ words each

Graphic option: Make a graphic showing a player or team winning an award you expect them to this season. Must include at least one player render, the team name and/or logo, the award and its name, and a predicted statline leading to the award being won.

Reward
4 TPE for doing the thing. (Just one, not both.) Partial TPE may be awarded for incomplete submissions.

Only S53 SMJHL Rookies (S54 SHL Rookies) are eligible for this PT.

Link PBE or NSFL submissions here to get credit for Welfare claims.

You cannot claim TPE for this PT until a post is made in the global claim thread.

Deadline
Sunday April 19th @ 11:59 PM EST

Really went off the cuff of usual PT format for this one, so feel free to ask me if you have any questions about it! Cheers

13. I would like to talk about Our Team (St. Louis) and our penalty minutes situation. We have been pretty undisciplined this year.  Especially early in the year I remember having a game where we had spent the entire third period on the Penalty Kill. We have made it harder on ourselves to win. We are one of the best teams in the league but we are getting in our own way of winning games currently. Luckily, we have been winning in spot of this because of Danny, Mega Tron, and Doyle. So shout out to you guys for keeping the team in it. And years to getting the whole team out of the box for the rest of the season and to playing some clean hockey.

16. Next we have to talk about the legend,
 Danny Marston. Danny has been impacting
the team in a big way week after week from
day one. He is one of the biggest factors on our squad and every one loves the guy. While he hasn’t been a goal scorer this season, if you need someone to set you up he is the man. His play making ability is out of the world and I’m glad I get to play with him and not against him. He’s a top player in the league. I hope he continues the hot run and leads the league in apples (assists). I can’t think of anyone more deserving of skater MVP this year. Well him and Mega Tron both are two goats, so I’d like to see any other two players compete with them. Because no one will beat them out

Newfoundland will absolutely win 30 games this season! The team has been on a bit of a downward curve after hitting the toughest midseason schedule in the league, playing Detroit and Anchorage in rapid succession. But they are poised to make another big run in their final stretch of game. However, in their loaded division, 30 games may just barely be good enough to squeak into the playoffs. With the way things have gone lately, 30-31-32 wins is more likely that 35+.

If there was one player that was absolutely snubbed from the All-Star game this year, it was Newfoundland goalkeeper Cale Amundsen. The heroic netminder’s stellar play has been the foundation of which the Berzerkers had built an amazing start to what will be a much better season that anyone was expecting. Game after game, fans watched as Amundsen did his best to carry the teams hope on dreams on his back. If there was any player on the roster that exemplifies the term All-Star, it would be Cale Amundsen

[Image: bouch22.jpg?ex=65381617&is=6525a117&hm=6...178839271&] [Image: VGl3CB4.png]