Create Account

S53 SMJHL PT #4 - Make the Case

14. Maine will not only make the playoffs, but make it past the first round!
The Maine Timber will not only make the playoffs, but they will make it easily. The gauntlet to start the season is over and going forward everything looks good the Timber. They have the most games facing an opponent on the back half of a back to back and their young active core is tearing up the TPE gains. They will ride this high onto a first round series win in front of the home crowd cementing themselves in Maine and establishing a strong fan base. At that point the sky will be the limit for this roster as they have the heart to try and win it all.

18. Make a case for someone left out of an All-Star team to have been deserving of a spot (Keep it friendly).
Leo Bloomfield from the Maine Timber should have made the All-Star team over Jobin. Jobin plays behind the best team in the league by far and his stats have been inflated by that fact. Bloomy plays for the Maine Timber and despite the teams struggles had a league leading .930 Save Percentage over nine games. His play has been spectacular and has been a major  reason why the Timber are back to playing well. As a rookie back up goaltender his play has been inspiring and will be an early glimpse at his future stardom.

[Image: 1161116581909246052.gif][Image: cobb.png?ex=6576542e&is=6563df2e&hm=9cd2...40228abcd&][Image: 1161116581909246052.gif]
Thank you @Ragnar  for the Sig!
Previously: Patrick Shepherd (S52 - S64)

1. The wins record for a season in the SMJHL is 42. Detroit will beat that this season.
The Detroit Falcons have clearly been the most dominant team in the SMJHL this season and half way through the season only have two losses and twenty one wins so far. I would not be surprised to see them keep up this pace and break the win record since no team has really been able to find a way to beat this team consistently. They have the highest tpe average across the team by far in the SMJHL and their lines have found pretty good chemistry.

7. Newfoundland will keep up their surprisingly great form and top 30 wins this season.
The Newfoundland Berserkers have arguably been the most surprising team in the SMJHL so far this season currently ranking third in the league. They got four full lines of active forwards, three pairings of defense and a superstar rookie goalie who will only continue to improve their game. I believe that Newfoundland is one of the hardest working teams off the ice in terms of training which should help them catch up to the tpe averages of other teams as teams continue to get deeper into the season. So I would not be surprised to see the Berserkers win thirty games this season.

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars

13. Everyone on St.Louis will end the season with 10 or more penalty minutes.
For some reason I really doubt this one as although only 5 players have not reached 10 penalty minutes, I have a feeling they’re going to fall short. Something is telling me that at least one of the five are going to just miss the 10 penalty minute mark by a slight margin of a single minor penalty. If I had to bet on who is not going to make the 10 penalty minute mark, I’d have my money on William Lockwood as he only has less than 10 minutes time on ice which reduces the chances of him getting a penalty.

17. Every current rostered player in the SMJHL will end the season with at least 1 point.
I would honestly not be surprised to see every current rostered player end with at least 1 point this season. When I am writing this now, there are 4 players in the SMJHL that have not reached a point. I don’t think it is beyond possibility that these 4 players are able to reach 1 point with half the season remaining, especially since 3 of the 4 have over 12 minutes time on ice. The biggest x factor for this one would be Detroit rookie Wang Liqin as he only gets under 8 minutes of playing time. However, being on a stacked Detroit team, I’m sure that point will come soon enough.

[Image: Dextaria.gif]

[Image: Niz2wua.png]  [Image: iB9r7kM.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM, @Moreorless89 and @ValorX77 for the sigs!

I answered 4 prompts, which means that I needed 35+ words for each one. Got it!

1. The wins record for a season in the SMJHL is 42. Detroit will beat that this season.

- Detroit are doing crazy right now. They are like unbeatable force. They only have 4 losses half season in. I can agree with this ''hot take''. I think that they will have 43 wins or will get 42 wins and will not beat the record but will repeat it. It will be hard, but not unrealistic.
(56 words)

5. The Esa Anrikkanen (Top Rookie) and Tom Corcoran (Top Goalie) trophies will be won by the same player.

- I can't agree with this one. I think that Top Rookie award will go to 1st overall pick - Mikkel Asmus Sondergard, but Top Goalie award will go to Samat Beibitzhanov from Raptors or A Jobin from Falcons. I don't think that there are some rookie goalie who could beat one of those goalies.
(53 words)

11. The Colorado Raptors have the best goal horn in the league.

- No cap - I can only agree with this. Mutliple medias by SHL users and live stream watchers have agreed on that and I think the same. Raptors goal horn is the best one, because others just ain't that good. In my opinion, Raptors have decent goal horn, while other teams just have pretty bad goal horns, which make Raptors goal horn be the best one.
(65 words)

17. Every current rostered player in the SMJHL will end the season with at least 1 point.

- New sim engine proves us that there are a lot of random. While my player has more than 240 TPE and have only 5 points, other players with under 200 TPE have more points. I think that random plays bigger role now, than it did when he had STHS. Anyway - I can agree with this ''hot take'' aswell.
(58 words)

Raptors Finland

Stars Stars Stars
[Image: aumy3.png]

7. Newfoundland will keep up their surprisingly great form and top 30 wins this season.

Absolutely has the potential, however 26 games left... with 17 wins needed. Newfoundland has zero cap on its potential and with a beast of a rookie class they will continue to grow together. Their biggest hiccup of the season has been Detroit... who basically isn't in the same boat? As a member of the Serks... I'd love to say fuck yes. However, 8 of the 26 games remaining are against Detroit and Anchorage... So it would be a stretch. Even going .500 means you need to go 13-5 against the rest of the league. Definitely do-able, but you ultimately drop one or two that you shouldn't... and then there is the .500 against Detroit AND Anchorage. There is a slim margin. I say 28 sure... 30... I can hope.

4. The Anchorage Armada will end up finishing first in the league, beating Detroit to first spot.

The problem here that the Armada have is just that Detroit is just too damn good. The only thing weak spot potentially is goaltending and even that weakness the Falcons have overcome by simply scoring more... and more... and more. When they aren't scoring they are controlling the puck in the offensive zone where it has just been an onslaught night after night. The ability for Anchorage to make up 6 games at this point is slim to near impossible as I don't even see Detroit losing six games in the entire remainder of the season.

[Image: Wally.png]

Code:

As a rookie Berserker, I may come across a bit biased in my response to this. However, I honestly feel this is a perfectly achievable goal for this always improving Newfoundland squad. Our team is consistently growing with the vast majority killing it with their updates. And, once the rookies in the Center of our offensive lines - myself included - get up to the top level they can reach this season, an already good team will get even stronger. Of course, during the start of this season we have put a lot of our hopes into our rookie goaltender Cale (more on him in a different prompt). If he continues his very solid form into the rest of the season, I see no reason why we won't get on track for 30 wins.

Code:
18. Make a case for someone left out of an All-Star team to have been deserving of a spot (Keep it friendly).

Building off the last prompt; Cale Amundsen was robbed. In cold daylight. Let's talk about it.
So, you've seen that the Newfoundland Berserkers have gotten off to a very good start. Their young squad was not expected to be doing so well to start the season - so, to try and understand why they have started off so hot, you dive into their stats. It goes as you expect looking at the skater's stats - great efficiency from their defensemen, pretty good work from their forwards. And then you get to the goalie stats. Amundsen was thrown into the fire as a rookie starter coming straight out of the draft. And his response to this pressure? With grace, power, and a 12-7-2 record with 3 shutouts. He has already got fantastic rapport with his defensemen, and with them he has produced some of the great rookie goalie performances in recent memory. While it has been tough to stand out in the current crowded field of SMJHL goaltenders, Cale without a doubt deserved a nod for the All-Star game. He'll likely earn more of these honours in the future as he gets even better, but it still hurts nonetheless.

[Image: 1PU6YuX.png]
         [Image: JiycRrd.png]

Have fun reading all of them.

Code:

Fact, they're murdering everyone. It's a foregone conclusion at this point that Detroit is going to crush their way to the top hardly stumbling along the way and score as many goals as possible while doing it. It's an absolute slaughter.

Code:
2. The points record for a season in the SMJHL is 72, by Jagger Fouquette in S50. Edward Williams of Detroit will snap that record this season.

At the time of writing, Williams has 36 points in 26 games and I think he's got a pretty fair shot of making a run at the 72 so long as he doesn't go cold for some reason.

Code:
3. The Vancouver Whalers are the biggest overachievers of this season.

The only reason they're winning any games is because Cal Covid is a fucking god. Otherwise the team is a joke.

Code:
4. The Anchorage Armada will end up finishing first in the league, beating Detroit to first spot.

Fuck yeah buddy, we absolutely need the Anchorage Armada to step it up and steal the top spot from a spoiled rotten Detroit team who's coasting by on over-agers and veterans who should already be in the Big Show. Will it happen though, probably not. The Armada are resting on 1/2 a d-core of rookies and a streaky goaltending situation, it'd be tough.

Code:
5. The Esa Anrikkanen (Top Rookie) and Tom Corcoran (Top Goalie) trophies will be won by the same player.

If Cal Covid outperforms another more senior goaltender, sure, why not? I don't see an issue with this, you have 2 rookie defensemen leading their draft class in points and are top 5 in points among all defensemen. I think it's going to be a tough ballot, and I don't envy having decide who to vote for.

Code:
6. Anchorage's Mitchell van der Heijden will break the SMJHL record in the 425 TPE Cap Era of 33 goals in a season.

Yeah, fuck off buddy we absolutely need more van der Heijden goals. Fuckin every time this kid steps on the ice someone scores. kids fuckin dirt nasty man. Does fuckin Willaims have 16 goals this season I dont fuckin think so bud. I'm fuckin tellin ya Mitchell "soup can" van der Heijden is pottin 34 in s54 fuckin callin it right now. Clap bombs, fuck moms, wheel, snipe, and fuckin celly boys fuck

Code:

LOL

Code:
8. No team is strong enough to stop the finals being Detroit vs Anchorage this season.

You fuckin' know it bud.

Code:
9. The SMJHL shutout record of the 425 TPE Cap Era (5 by Ian Venables in S50) will be broken this season.

Edit to this one: If the record is broken by the time you write this, you can alternatively argue for the all-time record of 7 shutouts being set to be broken.

I can't LOL at this one. As of writing, Kavanagh has 5 shut outs and he's only about half way through the season. Unless something dramatic happens, I don't see him not getting that last one to break the record. I's sad to see the record pass hands from Venables, but it looks like it's gonna happen. He might even be able to push for the 7 at this rate, tying or even pushing past and getting 8-9.

Code:
10. Carolina rookie Adam Friedland will set the SMJHL record for PIMs in the 425 TPE Cap Era (126 by Luc-Pierre Lespineau-Lebrunette) this season.
That guy's a dick, he'll totally do it.

Code:
I wouldn't know, I've never heard it. They seem to allow more goals than they score.

Code:
12. Despite a so-so start to the season, defending 4-Star Cup champions Anaheim will finish the season with a .600 win % or higher.
LOL, no.

Code:
13. Everyone on St. Louis will end the season with 10 or more penalty minutes.
Bunch of goons. Probably.

Code:
14. Maine will not only make the playoffs, but make it past the first round.
LOL, if they make it it's only because the Kraken are so bad and refuse to let go of last place. I can't see the Timber beating any other team in their division over any sort of sustained number of games, they can't seem to string W's together to win anything in 7 games.

Code:
15. Kelowna will finish third overall despite having a negative goal differential.
Only if the Berserkers don't beat them to it. They're hot on their tail chasing what appears to be the same stupid prize. 73 Goals for and 71 Goals against, going 13-11-2 looks awfully similar to 15-11-2 with 64 Goals for and 75 goals against.
[Image: C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg]

Code:
16. St. Louis' Danny Marston will finish the season with over 40 points, but no more than 5 goals (currently 2 goals and 16 assists in 22 games).

Who?

Code:

Sure, seems plausible.

Code:
I think Aumy Jr. Should have made it to the All-Start team this year, what with all the grit and heart he showed after the suspension and all. I think it's only fair that everyone recognize how hard it is to be suspended and come back and preform like nothing ever happened.

[Image: SAwful.gif]

[Image: 4NkSjIm.png]  ||  [Image: 7bttGDC.png]

Armada  ||  Uk  ||  Wolfpack

04-13-2020, 10:33 PMst4rface Wrote: 5. The Esa Anrikkanen (Top Rookie) and Tom Corcoran (Top Goalie) trophies will be won by the same player.

- I can't agree with this one. I think that Top Rookie award will go to 1st overall pick - Mikkel Asmus Sondergard, but Top Goalie award will go to Samat Beibitzhanov from Raptors or A Jobin from Falcons. I don't think that there are some rookie goalie who could beat one of those goalies.
(53 words)

Because I'm curious, why do you think Sondergard wins roty over the people who are being listed as current contenders?

[Image: 49775_s.png]
Thanks to Budgie and Carpy for the sigs!

Player || Updates

naw fam covid is good but he aint THAT good. the team around him is kinda suspect as well, and i doubt that they play well enough in front of him for him to take both pieces.

8. No team is strong enough to stop the finals being Detroit vs Anchorage this season.

im biased as hell but kelowna is hot af rn and only getting better. Eventually, i'll stop playing like hot ass and so we'll basically get 2 players, because im a negative asset on the ice right now. Holy hell simon takshak really blows. I named him simon t hoping he'd fuck other teams but he only seems to fuck himself.

im petitioning @Naosu and @Katth to give us gravy train bass boosted so if that goes through this will be very wrong i mean imagine

itd be glorious

14. Maine will not only make the playoffs, but make it past the first round.

loltimber

ok but they just traded carbine they gon sink

goalies u dum dum head

ok but the skaters will probably get theirs i mean i scored twice already and i blow chunks

[Image: sig-e-e-geck-atl.png]

e

04-14-2020, 04:05 PMmdubz Wrote:
04-13-2020, 10:33 PMst4rface Wrote: 5. The Esa Anrikkanen (Top Rookie) and Tom Corcoran (Top Goalie) trophies will be won by the same player.

(53 words)

Because I'm curious, why do you think Sondergard wins roty over the people who are being listed as current contenders?
It's only subjective opinion. Don't get mad over it. Sondergard is most active rookie with most TPE and it's only half season in. Previous NBA season, we all thought that Lakers will qualify Play-Offs, cause they have LeChoke and blablabla. We all know how it ended. Midseason mean nothing.

Stars Stars Stars

10. Carolina rookie Adam Friedland will set the SMJHL record for PIMs in the 425 TPE Cap Era (126 by Luc-Pierre Lespineau-Lebrunette) this season.
I’ll go out on a limb and say he will. In his role as Carolina’s enforcer, Friedland will be in a good position to rack up PIMs. He isn’t currently on pace to break the record, but he’ll continue to improve over the course of this season and could likely make his way on to Carolina’ second defensive pairing before the season’s end. Which only means more opportunities for penalty minutes. And even if he doesn’t break the record this season, keep an eye on how he does in Season 54.

It’s close, as at the time of writing there are only four players who are currently without points. But I’m going to say no. One of these four players is Wang Liqin, who has not applied any TPE since creating, is the 13th best forward on the Falcons, and has only averaged 7 minutes and 16 seconds on the ice while playing in 12 out of his team’s 26 games since the seasons started. I wouldn’t bet on him getting a point, much less playing, any time soon.

Past players:
(S3) C/D - Turd Ferguson (HOF)
(S7) LW - Anton Wagner
(S13) RW - Christian Bauer
(S18) D - Turd Ferguson, Jr.
(S30) D - William Goddard

04-14-2020, 05:43 PMst4rface Wrote:
04-14-2020, 04:05 PMmdubz Wrote: Because I'm curious, why do you think Sondergard wins roty over the people who are being listed as current contenders?
It's only subjective opinion. Don't get mad over it. Sondergard is most active rookie with most TPE and it's only half season in. Previous NBA season, we all thought that Lakers will qualify Play-Offs, cause they have LeChoke and blablabla. We all know how it ended. Midseason mean nothing.

I wasn't mad chief, I was just wondering why you thought Sondergard would win. Everyone has an opinion, and even though I don't agree with yours, I respect that you have one.

[Image: 49775_s.png]
Thanks to Budgie and Carpy for the sigs!

Player || Updates

04-14-2020, 08:44 PMmdubz Wrote:
04-14-2020, 05:43 PMst4rface Wrote: It's only subjective opinion. Don't get mad over it. Sondergard is most active rookie with most TPE and it's only half season in. Previous NBA season, we all thought that Lakers will qualify Play-Offs, cause they have LeChoke and blablabla. We all know how it ended. Midseason mean nothing.

I wasn't mad chief, I was just wondering why you thought Sondergard would win. Everyone has an opinion, and even though I don't agree with yours, I respect that you have one.
It's all good, fella! I understand you. Have a blessed day!

Stars Stars Stars

The player that has been obviously left out of the All-Star game is Niccolo Livius. The fourth line winger of the Newfoundland Berserkers is the key to their team’s success this season. He is scoring at a ridiculous pace. Scoring on over 16% of his shots. He has scored 6 goals in 28 games despite playing only 8:18 minutes a game! He has even scored a power play goal in only 6 seconds of PP time! He is being held down by his coach, JNH. That is why he should be an All-Star.

Yes. Newfoundland is legit and the real question is why the league thought they would not be this good? Newfoundland hit gold with the drafting of Niccolo Livius who has been the spark plug of the team’s incredibly productive fourth line. The best fourth line in the league. This kind of offensive depth makes the Berserkers very hard to deal with. Another thing is the RW depth. Having Minamino and Mattias Birdstrome as the 2nd and 3rd line right wingers gives the team horrifying level of depth on the right side.

Words: 222

Code:

This is absolutely insane. The new sim engine has a lot of positives and is great for the league overall, I think mostly everyone would agree with that? The wins that some teams are seeing though is ridiculous. Detroit is a great team, but are they a record-breaking team? Both the SHL and SMJHL are seeing the strongest teams in the league dominating and that may be for good reason or may be because we're not too familiar with FHM yet. I have no doubt that Detroit will hit a minimum of 42 wins though.

Code:

I will fight anyone who thinks that Elizabeth Doyle should be an all star over Cale Amundsen, and I'm not just saying that as a Berserker. At this time of writing, while Doyle has less games played the only thing she is beating Cale in currently is Goals Against Average which is the most useless stat for a goalie. Cale has been an absolute monster for Newfoundland, sporting a strong .915 save percentage and 72 game rating. To top it all off, Cale has three shutouts on the season as well! How he was left off the all star ballot makes no sense to me.

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]