Create Account

S53 PT #4 - Videoconferencing

Right around when the virus first hit, the Jets moved to video conferencing for team meetings. This was a welcome change for those who didn’t like being stuck in a room with 20 people all bored out of there mind… the energy was anemic, and even the coaches seemed bored.
That changed with video calls. Now, there were distractions that kept everyone paying attention: fights with significant others, weird outfits, strange video filters, people eating while speaking.
Especially eventful was one call where management was addressing the conduct of the players during the meetings. Knowing the top brass would be there, the players all dressed up in their professional attire and made sure to avoid any shenanigans that would make it seem like they weren’t paying attention to the rules.
Adam was no different. He was wearing glasses, the suit he wore to pre-games, and was positive there were no active filters. This impressed the Jets management… until he decided to lift his dog Hatty into view of the camera. The dog thought it would be a good time to cough up the contents of its last meal onto Adam’s face, and there was a span of about twenty minutes where the coaches couldn’t get a word in while the players were all laughing or talking about what just happened.
Adam and Hatty remain friends to this day, in spite of what transpired. ■

[233 words]

[Image: 9ZNnX19.png]

Canada | Player Page | Grizzlies | Player Updates | Inferno

I was having a video conference on the Zoom app with some of my New Orleans Specters teammates, when the most hilarious thing happened. Basically the whole team was on and it was a huge surprise for me. It is also relevant to know that I was the only rookie they brought in this season. So anyway, I hop in the chat and the whole team is there! Can you believe that? And just as like a really cool, hilarious surprise, they all start cracking the most hilarious jokes about me, like how my life has no value, how none of them like me, how they'd rather have penknight back than spend another second with me. A roast in my honor! How cool is that? The only sad part was at the end when it was time for them to say something nice about me and talk about how we're actually friends, I guess there was a power outage or something because all of them started to log off. Anyway, so glad to have such great friends on my new team!

[Image: xOtrQ61.gif]

During a daily check-in video call for the Tampa Bay Barracuda, nothing really out of the ordinary happened: they took their jobs seriously, and just checked in with the coaches to keep them up to date on fitness and diet and the such. That was before a special appearance by many of their former teammates, such as Flacko Lagerfield and Austin Roenick. During the surprise visit, Roenick showed off his Challenge Cup ring, before being booed by everyone in the call for being a showoff (though they still treated him like a brother and a teammate at heart). Lagerfield had a different tone: he constantly complained about how shitty Hamilton was, and made the conscious decision to flip off their arena and the team once he retires (if he had the choice, he would have retired right after the paperwork was done and they couldn't take back the trade). All in all some good fun.

[Image: MCP_.gif]
     [Image: ICON1.png][Image: lions-button-updates.png]

Cain and the boys were playing some warzone when grandma tried to call and facetime. She gets a nice view of shirtless Cain screaming homophobic slurs and chugging mountain dew before she realizes this is not a good time. She reports this behavior to nour and Cain gets himself suspended for TWO weeks because this isnt his first rodeo. After that he sees that NOLA has missed the playoffs and decides to follow in the footsteps of a great man (WBF) and retire. It is his mission to maintain 7th in the draft class at all costs, which should be much easier in a non-reddit class. He also tries to get drafted later than 45th overall by telling all 16 teams that he will only play for one team that isn't them. When he goes undrafted, he gets to choose where he signs and stays in the minors, never being drafted

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

In the wake of this global pandemic, The Armada has taken numerous precautions to promote player safety including transitioning many team activities to remote alternatives. This includes switching over to using video conferencing as much as possible for things such as reviewing game footage, preparing strategies, and getting feedback on trainings. During one such of these meetings, Ulrik was sitting in his apartment listening to the coach drone on about the importance of good positioning both with the body and with one's stick. Looking around for a distraction from the monotony, he sees his girl sitting cross legged on the couch and motions for her to come over. With a frisky glint in her eye, she skips over and plops down in his lap. Ulrik quickly mutes his microphone and the two enjoy each other's company Wink He comes to find out later though that while he did indeed mute his microphone, he failed to realize that his webcam was still on and streaming. The team was treated to a front row seat to the show. Needless to say, Ulrik was embarrassed and his teammates will never let him live that one down.

Player Updates
Player Page
Twitter