Create Account

S53 PT #4 - Videoconferencing

Videocalling wit h the team can get hectic at time, there are some high points and low points. Obviously the small chats we have are fine, there people that like to talk to some people at longer lengths, but we trying to get everyone in once a week and thats when things get crazy. People talk over eachother all the time, jokes being flown out, a lot of laughter. Though not a ton of words being exchanged. On our zoom calls the backgrounds are a big hit. People like to be in different places, usually gets some laughs if there is an inside joke to beapart of that. Someone put hteir background inside the challenge cup so that was pretty funny. Right now we are focusing on getting our spirits up and bonding more as a team. Things are going to weird for a couple weeks so we are making hte most of it

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

ha ha ha so yes there was a very humorous moment in a recent video conferencing call ha ha ha that was so humorous and funny that I am still laughing as I type this ha ha ha and that was when the team was having a very responsible social distancing happy hour and it had been so long since I had participated in real society that I had gotten used to not wearing pants and so when I joined the happy hour call I also was not wearing pants ha ha ha but I was sitting down so nobody noticed at first ha ha ha and then as the call progressed I emptied my drink which I believe was a rum and root beer and stood up to get a refill and the call erupted in laughter as I was wearing nothing but boxers for bottoms which was hilarious ha ha ha but the funniest part was that this had not even occurred to me it had become so normal to not wear pants around the house that it did not even pass my mind as something I needed to do before that call ha ha ha

Jack Tanner (D) - [Player Page] [Player Updates]

[Image: mH3z832.png]

[Image: Beaver.gif]
One sig is tweed's and the other was a karlssens/Copenhagen collab

AC | Bank | Claims

The downtime created by the coronavirus lockdown has created unique situations for personal reflection and improvement, opportunities that hockey players typically don't get until mid-April or later most years. For Coach Carbine of the newly-branded Baltimore Platoon, he's not letting players off the hook for practice if they're still being paid during the stoppage in play.

'All players are expected to be fully clothed and on the video call at the normal practice time each day unless directed otherwise,' Carbine stated in an interview with SHN earlier this week. 'I say fully clothed for a reason. Yes, there was an incident of one of the players joining the call without clothes on earlier on during the shutdown. I won't say who the player in question was but they forgot to put more than just pants on, to say the least.'

Coach Carbine has been using the downtime to review Hockey Theory and Basic Strategy with the team in the hopes of improving their Hockey IQ. 'Just because the games stopped, doesn't mean the teaching stops as well.'

177 words

[Image: Carbine.gif]
Sig Credit: Suavemente, rum_ham, Turd Ferguson

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

[Image: 711381262207811636.png]

We jumped on a video conferene with the boys in Carolina. The guys that were on the call were Jimmy Wagner, I call him Wags, Ambacas Cuddles, Velveteen Dream, I call him Cheesey, and Vitek Vitacek. We were doing a bit of team bonding when we went to the local grocery store and bought any 30 racks of light beers we could find, and we had a little competition to see who could build the tallest beer can pyramid. Velveteen Dream had some Coors Banquet, Wags had some Miller Lite, Ambacas was ripping down the Corona Extras, and I was chugging PBRs.
I thought I had the contest easily, but after seeing the tower that Wags built, there was no contest. Cuddles passed out after downing 15 of his 30, but he had some of the most creative architecture on his tower. Dream I think tied my tower’s height, roughly.
All in all, it was a fun evening.

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

In their bi-weekly zoom call, the LA Panthers witnessed something they wish they hadn't. In the middle of a conversation, one camera was seen being moved around and carried around a house. After a few seconds of bouncing up and down, it was placed down on the ground. Moments after that, a pair of sock feet were seen in front of the camera, then pants dropping. A low grunt was heard and a pair of cracking knees as the Panther sat down on his porcelain throne. After what sounded like the bombing of Pearl Harbour ensued, the camera was tilted up, revealing the face of Vorian Atredes smiling wide. As he stood up he flexed in all his glory before laughing and grabbing the plunger.

After this debacle the team was forced to sit at a kitchen table wearing shirt and ties, any bathroom breaks made were forced to put into a team fund for wings once quarantine is over

[Image: creller_dragons.png]

In these crazy times, Wanesly and some of the other boys have found solace in watching TV together, albeit virtually.
You see, Fred, Liljestrom, Zoltan, and occasionally a couple of others will get together and watch an episode of their favorite TV show while on a video conference. It's a pretty fun thing, everyone takes turns picking what to watch. Magnus usually likes to put on Mythbusters while Zoltan usually chooses Arrested Development. Fred likes to put on the Office, but to most people's disappointment, he puts on the British version and it doesn't normally go over very well.

[Image: Fred.png]
[Image: PeZ8eh1.png] [Image: r2pSvNf.png]

as soon as i was asked to join a video call with some of my teammates i knew my dog luci would play a part in it. shes not the type of dog who would just be doing something stupid in the background, it was going to be up close and personal. i got into the call and started to catch up with some of the guys when luci decided she wasnt being given enough attention and she had to be a part of what ever it was i was doing. she doesnt bark or try to play or anything like that... she just literally stands on top of you, pants like a madwoman, and whines like a weirdo. everyone in the call was a bit confused and i dont really blame them. i dont even bother pushing her away at this point cause i know she will not quit until i give up on what im doing. shes a great dog but she can be a pain in the ass with no sense of personal space.

Lately several members of the Chicago Syndicate have been video conferencing and in particular screen sharing while they play various games together. Daniel Smeb being the upstanding individual he is is continuing to share his vast knowledge with his teammates as he does on the ice teaching them to play the game of hockey but now he's trying to teach his teammates to become better at league of legends. The results have had mixed success as players like Jules Watt and Parker Smeb aren't very good students but they are still making progress as they duo together in ranked down towards the pits of iron. The highlight moments are when Kit Smeb joins the group, Kit's an interesting guy and lives with even more interesting people. These people can often be heard in the background of kits call saying quite interesting things. Chicago video conferences are indeed quite interesting when Kit joins.

[Image: Kylrad2.gif]
[Image: Kylrad.gif]

Dom Montgomery is no stranger to video calls, though it should be noted that most of his most memorable video calls have not been with friends and family. However, a family-friendly video call he experienced recently was recipe swapping with Olivier Cloutier of Tampa Bay. While Olivier was busy cutting chicken and working on a healthier entree recipe that Dom picked out for him, Olivier helped Dom pick out an apple strudel recipe, since he's the baker of the two. Of course, Dom cheated and got the pastry crust from the store. Olivier may have judged him for how he cut up the apples, and what they thought was going to just be a fun cooking/baking video call turned into a lot more smiles and laughs and getting to know how each other cooks/bakes. At one point, when Dom was waiting for the pastry to bake in the oven, he took Olivier on a tour of his and Leo Lockhart's house (even though he's seen it before), and Dom managed to get Leo to interact on camera with them just long enough for Olivier to see Leo playfully flick them both off. Fun times were had by all and Dom's apple strudel turned out great. Yay for food and bonding.

[Image: 56791_s.gif]

sigs by sulovilen, slothfacekilla, Flareon
Current: Wolfpack raiders Uk | Alumni: Inferno pride Knights Germany

Olivier spends a lot of his time video chatting, both with teammates old and new and his family. The funniest situations definitely arise from calls with his Anchorage buddies - he can always count on those guys to bring up something NSFW or mention the ass worship pants (don't ask) at an inopportune moment (he tries not to call them from his parents' house anymore). Lately, though, Olivier has been making frequent video calls to a certain IIHF teammate. He and Dom tend to just shoot the shit, go on walks around their respective local parks, and sometimes bake or cook together just to have someone on the other end of the line. Olivier frequently catches glimpses of Dom's unsuspecting roommate in the background and delights in trying to rile him up. Olivier will also often call drunk from the bar with his team after a game or from the club - just to say hi, you know? Or maybe a classic u up.... Wink

[Image: thistidalwave.gif]

ArmadaUkSpecters
Player | Updates
(This post was last modified: 04-19-2020, 10:46 PM by Jobin.)

Training at home can be such a bore, but luckily our trainers split us up into groups and I've got some real strange guys in my group to keep it interesting. First, there's @Mediocre_Fred. I knew this guy loved bread, but I had no idea the extent. I'm not convinced he doesn't have a green screen with a bakery projected on it, but he tells me that's just his house. @leviadan has this pig. Yes... a pig. It seems awesome, but it's a ball of energy, constantly running around his house and knocking over the camera. I swear I've seen more of his ceiling than anything else during these calls. @"reid_sutherland"... always joking. There was a 2 hour long training session he did with a HUGE booger hanging out of his nose. After the first hour of joking we tried telling him about it, but he refused to do anything about it. Lastly, there's @JMacNCheese. I thought his parent's were just being weird when they named him that, but they hit the nail on the head. I can see his kitchen in the background and all I see are Kraft mac and cheese boxes, I swear he somehow is getting royalties from Kraft and takes it all in noodles.

[Image: awesomecakes.gif]
[Image: beautifulphoenix.gif]

It has been quite some time since I last did a video conference, but with COVID-19 quarantine measures in the world, it was a necessary step in order to name our future captains for the team.

When we called James he seemed surprised and honestly a little concerned saying "I know I was eight minutes last posting the latest training opportunity, please do not be too upset." but little did he know it was quite the opposite.

"While we realize you may not be the most vocal of leaders, sometimes leaders lead through actions not words and you are a prime example of that. We are incredibly lucky to have a player as dedicated to the team as you are."

When Jean-Paul received the call he was mid-bite of a deep dish poutine "Sweet. Appreciate you dog" was all he had to say about being named a captain of the team.

I hope to meet with the other two in person, but now just the two will have to do.

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]

the season has been weird specific specifically because of covid-19 when the team of the Buffalo stampede tried to video conference together because they were not allowed to meet due to social distancing rules. They were not used to the process of zoom and Victor Marius was caught naked lying in his bathtub full of Cheerios and milk which is his routine that he has never told anybody about so while he was talking to his team in a bathtub full of Cheerios and milk eating away his team noticed him in the bathtub eating Cheerios and milk and called him out on it and they had a big laugh but unfortunately for Victor Marius he didn't realize that Cheerios get soggy in milk if they're kept too long and he didn't want to show coach that he was eating a bathtub full of Cheerios and milk so he had to let the cereal get clogged e and then it got clogged drains and then the drains exploded and victorious had to move homes.

Alexei keeps forgetting to end his video conference calls with the team which constantly subjects the Dragons to various views of Alexei in various stages of dress from nothing to a disheveled mess of Cheeto stains, stale coffee, and doughnuts. That and Alexei seems to continue gaming even during team meetings as he bursts out various amounts of сука and блять interjected seemingly at random during meetings. He typically blames it on bugs, or stubbing his toe, or running out of drink. Speaking of which Alexei needs to drink way less and focus a bit more as smashing empty liquor bottles against the wall and cheering loudly is beginning to interrupt meeting flow. Not that it stops Alexei as he seems to have another bottle at hand just as quickly as he smashes it. Doesn’t help that Alexei also seems to be Twitch streaming games simultaneously during meetings leading to him thanking people for their donations which confuses the management team as they are pretty sure they didn’t send him money. Also, Alexei should be reminded that using an airhorn to greet Joseph Weston every time he enters a conference call is not an appropriate usage of both an airhorn or communication device of any sort.

[Image: 59270_s.gif]

[Image: jcjcF7J.png]  [Image: nHs4nH0.png]

I had a video call with Mitchell van der Heidjen of the Anchorage Armada @bluesfan55 that went very interesting. I had been having sex with Mitchell's girlfriend for a few weeks and she was at my place when he called me for the video call. The call was going fine for awhile, we were just catching up, checking in on each other, just seeing how each other were doing. That all went downhill when Mitchell's girlfriend walked into my room with no clothes on, all for Mitch to see. He was of course not happy at all and was rather furious with both of us. Safe to say friendship with Mitch is over. We will now have a bitter rivalry from now on. I know that I will always be the superior player and the superior man and that is why his girlfriend was having sex with me. Ambacas is too irresistible

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM