Create Account

Is it time to talk about parity yet?

04-14-2020, 04:48 PMMuerto Wrote:
04-14-2020, 04:28 PMgolden_apricot Wrote: this isnt an option sadly, its either 8 total or 16. There is the option to not make it assigned by conference and just based off total league standing but thats about it

There is actually a 6 team option, like NFL style where top 2 get a bye, 3 plays 6 and 4 plays 5

It's not an option THIS season because it was set at 4 when it started and can't be changed, but it could be for the future. Although I know there's a faction which is strongly opposed to 'rewarding' teams by letting them get swept in the first round, but I still think more teams in playoffs is good for a sim league

No i mean it isnt an option in the game save, i just checked on a fresh file

04-14-2020, 03:11 PMhonkerrs Wrote:
04-14-2020, 02:59 PMst4rface Wrote: I saw a lot of people who were happy about FHM on this thread. After few seconds understood that they are players or coaching stuff from Armada or Falcons. And you can understand why...

Wolfpack 4:2 Blizzard
Falcons 4:0 Armada 

Predicted finals now. Sad part is that I am right. It's so obvious. STHS is much better than FHM. No matter do you like it or nah. We already know which teams will be in finals this season and which will be champions. We can just jump in to S54 to not waste time.

There are no parity. Sad part v2 is that we will have to live with that FHM bs all the time from now.

Would you honestly say this still if it was Col that was top of the league right now and your pre season predictions correct?  Somehow I doubt it.  You do realize it speaks for parity when Armada is one of lowest average TPEs but are being successful.  Maybe stick to NHL19 man
Yes, I would say that even if Raptors would have 26 wins and 0 losses. I know that we are bad. I talk about other teams who had to be higher and players who needed to have more points. 

For example. My little bro got 200 TPE right now, while I have almost 250. He has more points, better plus/minus and he is better at each statline. He even have more hits than me with worse attributes and less ice time. It's only example - I don't care about stats, but that just proves FHM random. I can stick to NHL 19 (which at least I have), but I have FHM won Steam aswell. An I had STHS aswell, so I have knowledge about hockey games and simtools.

Stars Stars Stars
[Image: aumy3.png]

"Little bro"

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

04-14-2020, 02:10 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Parity isn’t an issue, just look at Toronto and Tampa Bay. They’re intentionally tanking with less than stellar rosters. If they actually tried to field competitive rosters, the higher end teams wouldn’t be feeding on them.

Yeah this. Toronto is supposed to be bad. You know how pissed off, and rightfully so, any team would be to have their playoff spot taken by a team with 1 player over 1000 TPE? And it's their goalie. Like they'll be good eventually but I'm glad TPE actually matters now. Parity will be created by the cap, players being more motivated by TPE mattering, our joke of regression system, etc.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

04-14-2020, 05:35 PMst4rface Wrote:
04-14-2020, 03:11 PMhonkerrs Wrote: Would you honestly say this still if it was Col that was top of the league right now and your pre season predictions correct?  Somehow I doubt it.  You do realize it speaks for parity when Armada is one of lowest average TPEs but are being successful.  Maybe stick to NHL19 man
Yes, I would say that even if Raptors would have 26 wins and 0 losses. I know that we are bad. I talk about other teams who had to be higher and players who needed to have more points. 

For example. My little bro got 200 TPE right now, while I have almost 250. He has more points, better plus/minus and he is better at each statline. He even have more hits than me with worse attributes and less ice time. It's only example - I don't care about stats, but that just proves FHM random. I can stick to NHL 19 (which at least I have), but I have FHM won Steam aswell. An I had STHS aswell, so I have knowledge about hockey games and simtools.

>Says FHM is random
>Wants sths

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

04-14-2020, 02:44 PMml002 Wrote: rebuilding teams that trade for players are what I call, unsmart

This is so rude to Minnesota

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

04-14-2020, 05:51 PMml002 Wrote:
04-14-2020, 05:35 PMst4rface Wrote: Yes, I would say that even if Raptors would have 26 wins and 0 losses. I know that we are bad. I talk about other teams who had to be higher and players who needed to have more points. 

>Says FHM is random
>Wants sths

>Says FHM is random
>Also says he can predict the SHL and SMJHL finals already

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]

04-14-2020, 05:51 PMml002 Wrote:
04-14-2020, 05:35 PMst4rface Wrote: Yes, I would say that even if Raptors would have 26 wins and 0 losses. I know that we are bad. I talk about other teams who had to be higher and players who needed to have more points. 

>Says FHM is random
>Wants sths
Forgot to mention that users who are GMs for teams who have 4 wins in 30 games, have no rights to talk.

Stars Stars Stars

We should all just switch to the SVHL at this point

[Image: fishyshl.gif]
Thanks to everybody for the sigs :peepoheart:

[Image: czechpp.png][Image: czechup.png]

04-14-2020, 06:03 PMst4rface Wrote:
04-14-2020, 05:51 PMml002 Wrote: >Says FHM is random
>Wants sths
Forgot to mention that users who are GMs for teams who have 4 wins in 30 games, have no rights to talk.

With a worse team I made the playoffs last season with STHS Laughing

Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames

>Wants sths

Are you calling ML a bad GM? Cause that'd be patently false. He's smart and he knows what he's doing. He's rebuilding his franchise.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

04-14-2020, 06:11 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote:
04-14-2020, 06:03 PMst4rface Wrote: Forgot to mention that users who are GMs for teams who have 4 wins in 30 games, have no rights to talk.

Are you calling ML a bad GM? Cause that'd be patently false. He's smart and he knows what he's doing. He's rebuilding his franchise.
I didn't said that, you said that...  Rolleyes

Stars Stars Stars

>Wants sths

Lmao ml will forget more about sim leagues than you'll ever know

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

04-14-2020, 06:11 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote:
04-14-2020, 06:03 PMst4rface Wrote: Forgot to mention that users who are GMs for teams who have 4 wins in 30 games, have no rights to talk.

tbf my title is classless, assless, deaf, and dumb so it's easy to mistake me for a dumb person like maybe @Gwdjohnson for example

Theory: St4rface is actually Simon T himself and has joined to try to get us to use his sim engine again so he can mine our data and sell it to China

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]