Create Account

Is it time to talk about parity yet?

Detroit Falcons just lost twice to the Carolina Kraken, and the second game wasn't even close. How's that for parity?

[Image: hgcI1ti.png]

04-15-2020, 04:25 PMZoone16 Wrote: so the tldr i'm getting from all this is:
- Increase the impact of 700-100 TPE players in the SHL. (fix lower end of scale and make higher end of scale cost more per level up)

Which isn't a bad idea per se.

on the surface no, until you get to lower tpe where the gap between a 350 player and a brand new rookie is now considerably larger, which creates a retention problem before you can even get people into the SHL. Its not an easy problem to fix and is why the update scale is the way we have it now.

I also dont think its that bad being in the 700-1k range unless the whole team is like that, at which point your AHL teams should get killed by better teams.

Hmm...

Tampa chose to do this

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

06-18-2020, 01:14 PMRomanesEuntDomus Wrote: Hmm...

Parity seems pretty decent right now other than the few tanking teams. Those are always going to be pretty bad since they're rebuilding.

The top 6 teams in the west are within 7 points of each other. Buffalo is deservedly doing well because their roster is dummy thicc with high TPE players.

Definitely seems a lot better than last season.

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]

#TANKFORTYLAR

[Image: OzriPox.png]

Player Page - Update Page

artermis,Feb 2 2017, 04:11 PM Wrote:9gag pretty lit tho

honestly, in short

the few tanking teams are tanking to the standards of STHS - you had to be legitimately horrible to not randomly get to playoffs

however, FHM hard dicks a team that bad a lot more than STHS ever would - ergo the horrifying results

GMs will have to relearn how to tank in FHM to avoid stuff like this, but unfortunately the few teams that were already bad cant magically jump to that level, so

the few horrible teams also inflates winrates massively - there is a good difference in losing 4-5 wins out of 50 to the bottom 3 in your division and just autowinning any game you play against them

tldr - we are in the FHM for far too short for this to be a legitimate issue imho

Manhattan Rage | General Manager
[Image: sig-hlemyzd.png]
thanks Sulovilen for the sig!
D | Great Falls Grizzlies | Player Page | Update Page

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]
[Image: image.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-26-2020, 04:04 PM by shamsmehra90.)

Yes, this is time mcdvoicesurvey.onl mybk-experience.onl

The thing regarding parity I would like discussed is we need to start adding tiers above 1300 TPE for contracts. There is a significant difference between 1300 and 1800 TPE players unlike STHS. Being able to stack your team with 1800 TPE players gives a much larger advantage than it used to.

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points
(This post was last modified: 06-18-2020, 03:50 PM by caltroit_red_flames.)

06-18-2020, 03:46 PMTommySalami Wrote: The thing regarding parity I would like discussed is we need to start adding tiers above 1300 TPE for contracts. There is a significant difference between 1300 and 1800 TPE players unlike STHS. Being able to stack your team with 1800 TPE players gives a much larger advantage than it used to.
Yes Tommy, thank you!

In my opinion the salary cap in general needs restructured. Everyone is at minimum right now, which isn't inherently bad, but if everyone is going to be at minimum we need raise the number of tiers. Why is Ola Wagstrom at 2000+ TPE make the same amount as James Truong at 1322 TPE???

As for parity in the league, Tampa did this to themselves like ML said. You can't fix a team tanking so badly that this happens.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]
(This post was last modified: 06-18-2020, 04:37 PM by FlappyGiraffe.)

I agree with Cal and Tommy on this

[Image: wMFFUe4.gif]

Barracuda S56 1st Overall Barracuda

Gary Grease Career Stats: Click Here
Graphics Shop: Click Here

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  Barracuda Russia Barracuda  [Image: c8B2LE3.png]

06-18-2020, 03:49 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote:
06-18-2020, 03:46 PMTommySalami Wrote: The thing regarding parity I would like discussed is we need to start adding tiers above 1300 TPE for contracts. There is a significant difference between 1300 and 1800 TPE players unlike STHS. Being able to stack your team with 1800 TPE players gives a much larger advantage than it used to.
Yes Tommy, thank you!

In my opinion the salary cap in general needs restructured. Everyone is at minimum right now, which isn't inherently bad, but if everyone is going to be at minimum we need raise the number of tiers. Why is Ola Wagstrom at 2000+ TPE make the same amount as James Truong at 1322 TPE???

As for parity in the league, Tampa did this to themselves like ML said. You can't fix a team tanking so badly that this happens.

Yeah I fully agree with all of these points. we've done such minor tweaks to the cap and contracts over the years but it's been a while since a major overhaul and now we have actual TPE, talent, and ability in the sim seperation we definitely need to look at contracts again.

I don't have a solution, but it's certainly something to put on the table for discussion

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

(This post was last modified: 06-18-2020, 05:23 PM by Rabidsponge21.)

Restructure cap tiers - 100%
And raise Cap - It's pretty silly as a 1200+ TPE player you are begged to take minimum which doesn't even cover half a seasons training.

I'd gladly help create a more robust system that would allow teams to keep cores to a degree but force some harder choices as well as pay players at higher tiers for what they are WORTH.

Edit

I will try and take some time this weekend to look at the average TPE around the league + layouts of most teams.

Like how common is a 1500 tpe player right now, vs a 900 etc etc.

Then if a 2K player is THAT rare (assuming it is) they would cost a pretty penny. 900's would be more affordable en masse, but teams would need to choose, one 2000 TPE player or a pair of 900 TPE 3rd pairing D men?

[Image: 4zfXx6o.gif]

Adding contract minimums are fine so long as they don't force a player's salary to increase during the duration of the contract. I don't think it's worth the headache.

[Image: Carbine.gif]
Sig Credit: Suavemente, rum_ham, Turd Ferguson

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

[Image: 711381262207811636.png]

Barracuda may be bad now, but let's be honest - 3 or 4 seasons with this type of tanking and re-build and they will be championship team. All new players will be on 1000 TPE and their time will start. They just need to focus on new players, tanking one more season, keeping their active players and that's it. They might get one high tier player and it's game over.

As much as I don't like FHM, it's a good simtool. It's not just random. My previous player had TPE peak under 950 if I remember right and he had seasons where he had 45+ points per regular season. Of course, simtool back then was STHS. That player was beast while being 700 - 900 TPE. FHM is a bit more realistic statistics wise.

Stars Stars Stars
[Image: aumy3.png]