Create Account

Deenerys Targa-rene/DidierDrogba Suspension

I hope the coronavirus goes away soon. We got some bored people up in this thread

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

04-15-2020, 11:24 AMBarnabasCollins Wrote:
04-15-2020, 11:21 AMnour Wrote: Can you guys not make this job a shitshow for like 2 seconds? Are you serious right now? We’re gonna argue, knowing all the historically disgusting context that comes from usage of homophobic, racist and ableist slurs, groups of people that dealt with actual life-threatening oppression from those around them, we’re gonna argue that a meme about old dudes is just as bad? This is the shitty hill you wanna die on?

And just to make a shitty argument worse, you use an ableist slur, so I’m supposed to take you being offended about a meme seriously while you hurl the same vitriolic shit that you perceive is being thrown to you? I feel bad telling a fuckin 70 year old dude to grow up.

Lmao bro you totally didn't get it either, clear lines, what is in and what is out

Read the rulebook its not my job to spoonfeed you, the vast majority here seems to know where the line is you not knowing is a greater sign of your ignorance than your misunderstanding

[Image: bjobin2.png]
[Image: 9tINabI.png][Image: c97iD9R.png]

**First GM in SMJHL history to win 3 Four Star Cups back-to-back-to-back**

i feel like it should be obvious but...when we say "boomer" we're referring to a mindset. If it were really about age, there are a lot of people older than boomers we could be calling out. It's not about age, it's about this culture of systematic discrimination and failure to hold people accountable for the ways they treat other human beings that many of us are just 100% fed up with. There are plenty of actual boomers age-wise who are also fighting the bad stuff, and they don't make it about them because they know it's not about them.

Boomer isn't a slur. It's only even an insult if you're part of the mindset it's referring to when somebody uses it that way. It's not "haha that person is older than me and I don't like old people!" it's largely "oh great you're another person who thinks that everybody who ever remarks on the ills of society is just a whiney baby and who thinks they should be able to say or do anything they want without these obnoxious politically correct crybabies calling me out on my discriminatory behavior."

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: nbb.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

04-15-2020, 11:27 AM.bojo Wrote: I hope the coronavirus goes away soon. We got some bored people up in this thread

Ask Col Covid #19, he seems to be staying.

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

04-15-2020, 11:28 AMスウェグキング Wrote:
04-15-2020, 11:27 AM.bojo Wrote: I hope the coronavirus goes away soon. We got some bored people up in this thread

Ask Col Covid #19, he seems to be staying.

I'm good.

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

This Vliddy meltdown is a great side effect of the renes return

locking this thread and future suspension threads about this topic because some of y’all love the excuse to reveal intolerant character and shitty behaviours you didn’t grow out of when you were 16 like the rest of us

[Image: bjobin2.png]
[Image: 9tINabI.png][Image: c97iD9R.png]

**First GM in SMJHL history to win 3 Four Star Cups back-to-back-to-back**

I say we suspend everyone in this thread for let's say two hours and everyone can go "relieve some stress" on their own for a bit

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

04-15-2020, 10:52 AMBarnabasCollins Wrote:
04-15-2020, 10:51 AMsve7en Wrote: Guys it's official, we can't shorthand "Ok person who has antiquated (often racist, ableist, or sexist) viewpoints that don't align with a healthy modern society" to "Ok boomer".

It's a worldview position, and if someone is getting that term seriously thrown at them they should consider why their viewpoint is drawing ire.

So Ageism is fine and I have less rights than you is what you're saying.

I use it on occasion, yea. Do I hate old people? Of course not, @BarnabasCollins is one of my favorite members on the site. He's also not a pussy, do you think he'd go cry if I said boomer to him? He knows I love him, or at least don't hate him, so why would he need to?

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]