Create Account

S53 WFT #4 - Make The Case
(This post was last modified: 04-19-2020, 02:47 PM by hotdog.)

THIS PT IS FOR SHL PLAYERS AND SEND DOWNS. IT IS NOT FOR SMJHL ROOKIES.
Task: Choose 1 or more of the topics below. Begin your task with the word 'For' or 'Against' and then make the case for whichever side you chose! You may respond to the original prompt or to someone else's response
Every user who responds with a 'For' or 'Against' that meets the 25+ word criterion will receive 1 capped TPE; 10 or so people will be chosen as Participation+ members and will receive an additional uncapped TPE for demonstrating active argumentative fervor!
Deadline: 11:59pm ET on Sunday, April 19th

Code:
Detroit will win the 4-Star Cup

Code:
Ola Wagstrom is the SHL MVP

Code:
Toronto will "beat out" Tampa Bay for the worst team in the league

Code:
Andrej Doskocil is the toughest guy in the SHL

Code:
Someone with fewer than 425 TPE will win the SMJHL MVP award

Code:
The New Orleans Specters will be the best SHL team to miss the playoffs

Code:
A goalie will win the SHL rookie of the year award

Code:
The player with the most assists in this season will have the most assists in a season in SHL history (current record is Elias Armia's 60 from the Inflation Era in S11)

Code:
One team (Texas or New England) will finish the season without a single OT Loss

Code:
The SMJHL's West is better than the East

Code:
The Los Angeles Panthers will finish the regular season atop the Western Conference

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway
(This post was last modified: 04-19-2020, 11:44 PM by charlieconway.)

Quote:Andrej Doskocil is the toughest guy in the SHL

I have a lot of love for CoA. But that title goes to none other than Slip McScruff.

Slip is a beast. Admittedly, he has around twenty less hits than Doskocil, but has the advantage in shot blocks, 131 to 77. Andrej has gotten into two fights thus far, but won neither. How many times has McScruff fought? None. No one's brave enough to throw down with him.

28 minutes in the penalty box... that's 76 less than Doskocil. Even the referees are afraid of him.

Then there's the intangibles. Slip eats a box of nails before every game, which might explain all the missing teeth. He benches a literal grizzly bear during the offseason. His beard can cut glass. There are countries around the world who, not having an equivalent of the word 'grit' in their language, decided to use 'McScruff' instead.

Slip McScruff is the toughest SOB in the SHL, and he'll run over anyone that disagrees. ■

[159 words]

[Image: 9ZNnX19.png]

Canada | Player Page | Grizzlies | Player Updates | Inferno

he's killing it right now with the number of goals he's scoring and I think over a goal per game so yeah, he's been lights out amazing and NEW would not be in the highest of the standings right now if it weren't for him.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Code:

For. The Wolfpack lead the league in points percentage at the time of writing, Wagstrom has the most goals in the league and only lags 4 points behind Flacko Lagerfield for the league lead in points with 5 games in hand to catch up. Ola is the best player on the best team.

Speedwagon Player Page | Speedwagon Updates Page 

[Image: speedwagongifsig.gif]

[Image: GoonerBear.gif]
(This post was last modified: 04-16-2020, 11:26 PM by Zomp.)

Code:
For - I don't think there's any chance that anyone is able to catch up to Wagstrom at this rate. He's currently seven goals ahead of Piotr Czerkwaski who's in second with 3 goals in hand. Meanwhile in terms of points he's only 4 points behind with 5 games in hand. I feel pretty confident that he's going to end up leading the league at the end of the season in both goals and total points.

Code:
The Los Angeles Panthers will finish the regular season atop the Western Conference

Against: I am against this because I am a player for the Edmonton  Blizzard and so far this season in Edmonton we are having an excellent season and I believe that when the regular season finished, the  Blizzard will sit atop the West.

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures! 

Quote:Toronto will "beat out" Tampa Bay for the worst team in the league

For. When you've got the seasoned (now retired) tank commander Mikhail Lokitonov at the helm, the sky's the limit for Toronto's floor. He knows all of the worst strats, has all of the worst players, and uses all of the worst lines. How can Tampa even compete?

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]

Detroit will win the 4-Star Cup:

As much as I hate to say it, Detroit probably will win the 4-Star. With essentially a team full of capped out players, and a league leading point getter in Edward Williams, the team who leads the entire J in TPE is unstoppable and has proven it through this point of the regular season, and I don’t see this changing during the playoffs.

[Image: minadsslatt.png]

Someone with fewer than 425 TPE will win the SMJHL MVP award.

For. But also, low hanging fruit. The top scorer on the top team, Edward Williams, is 350 capped this season. Second place in points is 11 behind his 48, and it's his line mate. Third place is 17 points behind.

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-18-2020, 11:25 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

Andrej Doskocil is the toughest guy in the SHL

against.

This man is having a great season and definitely someone to look out for in the next line of deviant creatures.. but to be fair you got to be doing it at that level for a little longer then half a season before you become heralded as the flag ship tough guy.

Mike Izzy is 170 hits away from becoming the SHL’s all time hits leader at 3435... a record that's held for more than 25 seasons. until he retires he’s the bruiser daddy.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Toronto will "beat out" Tampa Bay for the worst team in the league

For. Toronto's season has been one for the record books and not in a good way. Their records are similar but Toronto's defense has been awful, with them having nearly 30% more goals against than any other team. Ultimately they won't be able to steal as many wins with the remaining games compared to Tampa.

[Image: On57CfR.gif]
  Knights Usa Stampede Patriotes Inferno Argonauts Aurora Renegades Stampede   
(This post was last modified: 04-17-2020, 12:19 AM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

For.

Thats a talented team with a top tier GM and the services of Coach Creller who has put so much time and effort into the knowledge of this new engine that its no real surprise that LAP is having an elite level season.

@Mook

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

For. I had them coming out on top in my predictions and that means that they will do it. That's how predictions work, right?

[Image: JvI8fTp.png]

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png]

[Image: uDjThoa.png]

Detroit will win the 4-Star Cup:

nice try Hotdog, not taking this karmic jinx bait

Someone with fewer than 425 TPE will win the SMJHL MVP award:

This one on the other hand is basically a given at this point, it seems. Williams has such a ridiculous lead at this point it's going to take the other top scorers who are at around a point per game, just going point per game to catch up to where he is now. To actually beat him out, he'd need to slump hard and someone would need to go on an insane heater. The goals race is far more competitive though, that could legitimately go to any one of a number of players.

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

Code:
One team (Texas or New England) will finish the season without a single OT Loss

FOR: New England is on pace this season to have the best ever SHL record. As they are currently the team with the highest average TPE, it's going to be hard to seem them lose at all to close out the rest of the season.

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]