Create Account

S53 WFT #4 - Make The Case

Code:
Ola Wagstrom is the SHL MVP

No doubt about it for me. While Flacko Lagerfield has been exceptional this season too, Wagstrom seems all but guaranteed to beat the SHL goal record of 39 from the inflation era, currently scoring at a staggering above goal-per-game pace (31 in 30). It seems likely that Wagstrom could have the record beat by the 40-game mark of the season even, and even if Lagerfield were to top Wagstrom on points, which is very much possible, I would argue that as long as their point totals are somewhat close, breaking the all-time goal record trumps a marginal point advantage.

Code:
Toronto will "beat out" Tampa Bay for the worst team in the league

It will be very close, but I believe Toronto will be last. Toronto still has many backup games to use, which will likely be auto-losses considering Harry Carpet does almost all the work out there most night for the Stars, and despite their struggles Tampa is just a much better team than Toronto overall, with a roster featuring 8 players of 1000 TPE or more, along with a goalie that is about the same level as Carpet in Ben Blue.

Code:
Someone with fewer than 425 TPE will win the SMJHL MVP award

No doubt about it. Edward Williams (S53, 350 TPE) is firstly on pace to break the SMJHL record of points (72), scoring at a 75-point pace, but weirdly he is also on pace to break the all-time league records for both hits AND PIMs. A crazy season of multiple record-breaking stats will most likely cement Williams' place in SMJHL history this season despite being 75 TPE lower than most other star players, and he will almost certainly take home MVP this season.

Code:
A goalie will win the SHL rookie of the year award

It'll be close, but I'm gonna go with NO. And that's only because of one player: Ivan Maximus. Luca del Vecchio and White Goodman have both been great, but with 28 points in 32 games, Maximus should be a very solid bet for top rookie so long as the two rookie goalies maintain a pace between .910-.920 save %. It will be interesting to see how the awards committee weighs goalie performance vs skater for this one, but I think if Maximus tops 40 points this season, he'll have to be considered the best.

Code:
The SMJHL's West is better than the East

Not a chance, if anything just because of Detroit who vastly outweighs the firepower of any western team. St. Louis also has a very impressive squad top to bottom, and are likely to be the biggest contender for Detroit in the East this season.

Code:
The Los Angeles Panthers will finish the regular season atop the Western Conference

I will go with against, although its incredibly close, as both them and the Blizzard have the exact same record, and their goal differential is only 3 apart. The remainder of the Blizzard's schedule features 3 games against Winnipeg and 2 against Minnesota, which should be wins for them, but more importantly they have two games against LAP left, both of which are in Edmonton. Taking advantage of the old HFA could be all the boost Edmonton needs to secure the West over LA.

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

Quote:The New Orleans Specters will be the best SHL team to miss the playoffs

FOR. This would just be as ironic as it gets right? Can't we just finally name them the unluckiest team in the SHL given their history? And if we look at it this way: missing the playoffs would mean that they can't lose in a game 7.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]

Quote:Detroit will win the 4-Star Cup

Against.

They might look good now, but they've had a very easy schedule in the beginning of the season. Now that their schedule is becomming a bit tougher they are feeling the fatigue like all the other teams in the SMJHL. The other day the lost to the last placed team in their conference. They are beatable, we just need the force of the schedule and fatigue to be able to do so.

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

The Los Angeles Panthers will finish the regular season atop the Western Conference

This of course is true, and nothing but true. In the true style of Moneyball we have hired our statistical analyst Mookster who created a top team from a bunch of weirdo's. We were supposed to go 50-0 but the simmer has some troubles with making us win each game. But we will have to take it and just make sure we end on top, despite it not being unbeaten.

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

Andrej Doskocil is the toughest guy in the SHL

I have to say false just based on whatever Toronto is exposing poor Carpy to, I think he is the toughest motherfucker in the world that we have seen ever, I am but a worm in his shadow.

Manhattan Rage | General Manager
[Image: sig-hlemyzd.png]
thanks Sulovilen for the sig!
D | Great Falls Grizzlies | Player Page | Update Page

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]
[Image: image.png]

Code:

It would be a shock if this didn’t happen. It looks like I’m going to lose my crown to my teammate Edward Williams. It’s a sad moment when the new generation pass you by but he definitely deserves it so I’m okay with it

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

Code:
Detroit will win the 4-Star Cup
Nah, hte curse will live on and detroit will continue to get bounced in the first round of the playoffs due to poor PDO which seems to be their thing this year.

Code:
I dont think this is close really, congrats to all those in the awards predictions that took him, i dont think i did...

Code:
Yes sir, let the tank roll on ML and the Northstars!

Code:
Uh no, this has to be our lord and savior, GM Gabriel Johnson

Code:
WILLIAMS.....

Code:
The New Orleans Specters will be the best SHL team to miss the playoffs
yep, close but just not enough at the end of the year is my guess. Frith has done good with the tactics but the lack of defense in some of those builds was troubling at the start of the season.

Code:
A goalie will win the SHL rookie of the year award
No. A goalie on a bad team should not be rewarded because they had a ton of saves due to being on a team that cant play defense. We saw what thinking you are deserving of an award because of this does to the league and should not happen in the shl.

Code:
The player with the most assists in this season will have the most assists in a season in SHL history (current record is Elias Armia's 60 from the Inflation Era in S11)
yes. Top players are that much better in FHM, i expect Wagstrom to set a goal record too. Its just how the game works with how the slider system is placed so its going to be a new era for everything. Im excited to see the in game record books in a few seasons, it will be really interesting.

Code:
One team (Texas or New England) will finish the season without a single OT Loss
LMAO no. NEW will lose an OT game at some point to the East's kings o backdoor points the Toronto Northstars. For texas to lose and OT game they have to get there first.

Code:
The SMJHL's West is better than the East
YUP. Its not better overall because i think DET and STL are the best teams in the leauge, but the bottom of the west is far better than the east, top to bottom west is more competitive and better.

Code:
NO. We all know that the Hamilton Cheathawks will move to the west at the end of the season to get the one seed. Cheat once your gonna cheat all the time so this is for sure going to happen.

Detroit will win the 4-Star Cup

Against. Detroit is flying so high right and they are getting used to winning. It comes too easy for them right now. Once playoffs starts they will have a rude awakening coming second round. They will caught off guard and I'm not sure if the giant wakes up soon enough to have what it takes to win a hard fought playoff series.

[Image: HuuveriCUDA.png]
 Raptors Raptors Sweden Thanks to @JSS for the sig! Sweden Barracuda Barracuda 

The New Orleans Specters will be the best SHL team to miss the playoffs

Well personally I am against this. I think the New Orleans Specters will bounce back and still make the playoffs. As the prompt says, we are one of the best teams in the league and so we should find a way to get back into the playoffs, even as we struggle right now.

[Image: AwDqhTW.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-17-2020, 09:44 AM by takethehorizon.)

Quote:Detroit will win the 4-Star Cup

Too early to say but I'm against this. Yes, Detroit did get off to a hot start however now that the season is really starting to unfold we're seeing other team's beginning to catch some fire. The stamina ordeal is beginning to be figured out allowing team's to have more endurance therefore making everyone more competitive each and every game.

Quote:The SMJHL's West is better than the East

I believe they are fairly even so I will say against to this. The West has Anchorage and Kelowna which are directly behind Detroit in the point standings. Also after doing the math, the West does have more combined points than the East as of this time. With that being said, Detroit is ahead in points by over 10 making the East very top heavy but still strong.

Quote:Ola Wagstrom is the SHL MVP

Yes. For. He leads the league in goals and is essentially towing the Wolfpack along with her ability to get points every game. Just a few points shy of the lead, there looks to be no way to slow down Wagstrom. There's also a chance Wagstrom can be the SHL goal record too. The only person who would come close could be Lagerfield but with the outpouring of goals even if they were close in points, Wagstrom would lock down the MVP vote.

Quote:Someone with fewer than 425 TPE will win the SMJHL MVP award

Edward Williams looks like he's going to break all types of scoring records having less than 425 TPE. On a strong team like Detroit, it doesn't look like Williams will be slowing down any time soon. Not to mention he's also putting up bigger numbers for hits and PIM's respectively. Jack of all trades that's having a remarkable season.

[Image: takethehorizon.gif]
[Image: IdMkYiH.png]

[Image: NIYtQkE.png] [Image: NjFSX1z.png]

For

Code:

This is true on 2 levels. @Citizen of Adraa's a pure brute on the ice. He plays an extremely physical shut down game and that wasn't super noticeable in the STHS. Now he has all that defensive talent bubbling up after being repressed for so long.

The second is the constant physical and mental abuse he receives from being the GM  of the Maine / Halifax franchise. That constant wear and tear on someone's mind was just what was needed to put together this absolutely stud of a defense man.

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

Code:

For. While Toronto only has one less win than the Barracuda at this moment, Toronto defense will prevent them from getting in front of the Barracuda before the end of the season. They have 48 more goals against than the Barracuda.

Nor Ge

Salzberger Lillehammersson
norway Inferno World Falcons

Anders Christiansen
[Image: inferno.png] [Image: dragons.png] [Image: wolfpack2.png] [Image: stars.png] [Image: Dxdffra.png] [Image: hGKuRrv.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: firebirds.png]

FOR. I don't know how you could even argue this at this stage. Against it I mean. There's just no way he can't win it. The amount of points he has is absolutely ludicrous.

[Image: first.png]
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img][img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img]
Maxime Bouchard
Armada Dragons Info - Updates  Dragons Armada
Richard Dickbutt McFudderdudder II
Armada Info - Updates Armada

"Detroit will win the 4 Star Cup"

Of course we are going to win the 4 star cup. With the league's leading scorer, a team putting up a monster +77 goal differential, a backup goalie with 3 shut outs on 9 games played and an all star staring goalie, how could we not?

[Image: awesomecakes.gif]
[Image: beautifulphoenix.gif]

FOR: Ola Wagstrom is the SHL MVP

I really thought I would be able to make a case against this. Don't get me wrong, I would be very happy for Stammy to win. I just figured with plenty of season left to play that I'd be able to make the case for somebody else. However, when I saw that the next closest competitor IMO (Flacko) had 5 more games played and is still not as impressive as Ola, I gave up. I think it would take a pretty monumental collapse for Ola to lose the award at this point, either from the team or the player, and I just don't see either of those things happening. Congrats buddy.

[Image: gotze_team_siggy.png]
[Image: lKRNHAn.png]