Create Account

Major Announcement From the Platoon
(This post was last modified: 04-16-2020, 09:02 PM by JR95.)

Good evening SHL and thank you for taking the time to join us on this momentous occasion! I have a little bit to go through before we get to the good stuff but I promise I’ll keep it short and sweet!

The Platoon is a franchise that has been around since the very beginning and it really does mean so much to so many of us. That said, as everyone is well aware there was quite a bit of baggage tied to West Kendall in the early days thanks to the infamous Nando. Though I’ve been thinking this over for many seasons, we have just recently decided to take action and distance ourselves from this dark part of our past all the while retaining what we know and love from the Platoon. There are a few more reasons behind this decision but this was really one of the driving factors.

We are here to announce that this will be our last season playing in West Kendall. After the completion of the S53 season the Platoon organization will be relocating. I want to make it clear that we will not be rebranding, simply relocating. The platoon name and brand have been a significant part of this league’s history and means a lot to so many people within the organization. We wanted to do everything we could to distance ourselves from the “nando” parts of the team all the while keeping our identity intact as much as possible.

This played a huge role when searching for a new home for the franchise. It was very important to us that the place we chose have significant military background or history so that our Platoon name would fit in. After looking over several options both inside the state of florida and outside, we settled on the state of Maryland as our destination. The rich civil war history of the state as well as it’s many appealing cities are only some of the factors that led to this choice. Regardless of where we picked in Maryland our name would work out well. There was still a matter of choosing a city to play for. While that ended up being a very difficult decision as we had a few very strong candidates, we have finally settled on a new home for the Platoon and are absolutely thrilled to be able to share that with you today. Along with the reveal of the city, We will also be revealing a refreshed version of our logo courtesy of @Wasty. Our goal here was to keep the same concept we had before but modernize the look and give the logo some depth. We are SUPER happy with the job Wasty did and can’t thank him enough for helping us out!

I’d also like to give a quick thank you to HO for making this an easy and smooth process and a shoutout to @nour for his help making our jerseys. Last but not least, a BIG thank you to everyone on the Platoon! I know this is a big change but you all were awesome during this process and I’m beyond thrilled that you guys were as involved as you were. You guys are awesome!

Anyways, the moment you’ve all been waiting for...the Grand Reveal!! It is with great pleasure and excitement that I unveil the future of the Platoon….

THE BALTIMORE PLATOON

[Image: Baltimorefinal.png]

[Image: platoon-home_thinner_lines.png]

[Image: platoon-away.png]

[Image: eaglelaugh.gif]

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

goddammit jr announcement of an announcement

i want to know nao

[Image: Carbine.gif]
Sig Credit: Suavemente, rum_ham, Turd Ferguson

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

[Image: 711381262207811636.png]

rebrand?

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

Platoon Platoon Platoon

[Image: c3936a1e67537ed2c9716b30ba8432ee.png]

BUBBA -- Roster===Updates

Bojo Machine
League of Accomplished Players
Player builder

cleanse yourself of Nando

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

Platoon relocating to Washington and becoming the Liberty or Eagles or something

[Image: vd5hdkM.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]
Sig credits to @sköldpaddor @ihatereyson

[Image: tumblr_oofhkfs9sk1rbjg0vo1_500.gif]

Izzy grabbing a seat ...
Where are the refreshments?

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

???

[Image: Snoopdogg.gif]
    [Image: d9J5DHT.png]        norway      [Image: d9J5DHT.png]

Looks like im getting traded.

[Image: 81ImQYu.png][Image: suavemente.gif][Image: QD85cmZ.png]
     Platoon    Timber

04-16-2020, 07:04 PMMike Izzy Wrote: [Image: tumblr_oofhkfs9sk1rbjg0vo1_500.gif]

Izzy grabbing a seat ...
Where are the refreshments?
do you use this gif a lot?

[Image: nokazoa.gif]

CURRENT PLAYER

[Image: sN8N4xa.png]         [Image: xd5tvj8.png]

FORMER PLAYER

[Image: ktJ2jTl.png]

04-16-2020, 07:03 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: cleanse yourself of Nando

[Image: fishyshl.gif]
Thanks to everybody for the sigs :peepoheart:

[Image: czechpp.png][Image: czechup.png]

You're stepping down and McZ is taking over as gm

[Image: FJPVyys.png]

04-16-2020, 07:13 PMwumaduce Wrote: You're stepping down and McZ is taking over as gm

If only

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

[Image: tumblr_pvqir2GwJA1y77d59o1_540.gif?resiz...C200&ssl=1]
Steve Harrington arriving

[Image: arTbD7O.png]

Germany Berserkers Stampede Stars Barracuda syndicate