Create Account

Geekusoid Suspension

04-16-2020, 11:05 PMByrdeMan Wrote: So he got banned on the site for posting on YouTube, which he can still post on. Ok

Its kinda like getting fired on your day off yeah?

[Image: Piastri2.png?ex=65ba64d4&is=65a7efd4&hm=...462889f09&]
[Image: or8VMxO.gif]

04-16-2020, 11:23 PMvbottas17 Wrote:
04-16-2020, 11:05 PMByrdeMan Wrote: So he got banned on the site for posting on YouTube, which he can still post on. Ok

Its kinda like getting fired on your day off yeah?
[Image: they-dont-think-it-be-like-it-is-but-it-do.jpg]

[Image: 81ImQYu.png][Image: suavemente.gif][Image: QD85cmZ.png]
     Platoon    Timber

04-16-2020, 11:04 PMTnlAstatine Wrote: all of calgary are boomers,
there i said it
Ok, big guy.

[Image: 59270_s.gif]

[Image: jcjcF7J.png]  [Image: nHs4nH0.png]

So legit slurs out of anger and spite get you the same punishment as an obvious friendly pun?

That's some bullshit.

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

04-16-2020, 11:04 PMTnlAstatine Wrote: all of calgary are boomers,
there i said it

lol

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

Yet vliddy isn't suspended.

And what did PenKnight actually post to get suspended? Whatever it was, it looks like it got sent to the shadow zone.

[Image: FJPVyys.png]

04-17-2020, 03:14 AMwumaduce Wrote: Yet vliddy isn't suspended.

And what did PenKnight actually post to get suspended? Whatever it was, it looks like it got sent to the shadow zone.
Only right opinions are allowed.

I don´t remember seeing PenKnight using any slurs. Has to be something shady behind it all if there is no ban thread, which in my opinion every banned user should get. Or how are they eventually going to decide if user should be allowed to come back or not?
(This post was last modified: 04-17-2020, 04:07 AM by Samsung virtual assistant.)

IDK if it's because he posted one definition of a banned word in response to someone elses definition of another word that he found offensive. People had already talked about how they use Boomer to describe someone sexist and racist etc, which is an offensive way to say it but in the next sentence someone says it only means someone born between 46-64 so it can't be offensive. (let's not go there again though, and no i'm not saying boomer is comparable to the word he defined, i do think it's used in a very offensive way however.)
So he posted another definition of a banned word. He didn't call someone that word, Was it a way to troll? Maybe, most likely IDK. But i think there has to be a limit as to where we actually suspend people for the words. This is one of the cases i think there probably shouldn't be because of the context.

Hell for a couple hours back when these words were originally banned you could literally not even come out as homosexual on the site as the use of the word mostly used for homosexuals were banned in any way, shape of form until people started questioning the wording of the rule.

I get WHY Geek was suspended and i wont complain if Vliddy is tbh because obviously these words aren't tolerated and if we set this precedent we're going to have to follow it, which means ANYONE who says any of the banned words has to be suspended no matter the context, which i think is way overboard. So if that's the case then i agree that he should be. But as Burd and Bottas pointed out, it's rough to suspend someone for saying something on youtube, a part of the web that we can't really moderate, if we don't have some sort of full time moderation where you need to be approved to comment on the stream, is that even a thing though? I honestly don't know. The most logical thing would be to disable live comments, but i really don't want that because it's a fun new way to enjoy the games.

Perhaps set up a gameday channel in the SHL discord and shut down comments on the stream? Might be the only manageable way.

IDK, whatever i say it seems like i get called asinine or an idiot so anyone thinking that can just disregard this post lol, just my 2 cents. I'm not trying to argue or anything i'm just trying to make sense of it, lol. We're going down a rabbit hole and i have no idea where the fuck we're going.  Tongue I also only slept for 2,5 hours so i might not make sense.

04-17-2020, 04:05 AMjRuutu Wrote:

I don´t remember seeing PenKnight using any slurs. Has to be something shady behind it all if there is no ban thread, which in my opinion every banned user should get. Or how are they eventually going to decide if user should be allowed to come back or not?

If i understand it correctly he was banned because of trolling because he kept coming back when he didn't have a player. Someone in charge can correct me if i'm wrong.

04-17-2020, 04:23 AMスウェグキング Wrote:
04-17-2020, 04:05 AMjRuutu Wrote: Only right opinions are allowed.

If i understand it correctly he was banned because of trolling because he kept coming back when he didn't have a player. Someone in charge can correct me if i'm wrong.
I see, I would be interested in hearing where the line goes on trolling if that was the reason, is it on having a player or not and in that light looking the comments?

04-16-2020, 10:02 PMbluesfan55 Wrote:
04-16-2020, 10:01 PMSlashACM Wrote: Yo FUCK that guy
fuck most of the shl old legion, guys just come here to stir shit instead of actually being productive
Wow
Created a player cuz theres a newfie team tbh

04-16-2020, 09:55 PMbluesfan55 Wrote: my god can we not be ASSHOLES for just one fucking second

I am already here.

[Image: McZehrl.png]

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!

04-17-2020, 04:05 AMjRuutu Wrote:

It seems like there just isn't any rhyme or reason behind the decisions this HO has made. It is incredible sad to see this place being run by bush league management after so many years of great leaders

04-17-2020, 11:05 AMCarlz Wrote:
04-17-2020, 04:05 AMjRuutu Wrote: Only right opinions are allowed.

It seems like there just isn't any rhyme or reason behind the decisions this HO has made. It is incredible sad to see this place being run by bush league management after so many years of great leaders
Fuck off Carl

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]