Create Account

GIMP vs Photopea vs Cracked PS
(This post was last modified: 04-17-2020, 04:14 AM by NUCK.)

Any opinions on a good free GFX program? I would love a new cracked PS but am struggling to get one working atm.

But dose anyone have any recent opinions of the free options out there, other than get PS?

Thanks in advance

EDIT: Also advice on a high quality and good way to capture and post my work please.

[Image: c3936a1e67537ed2c9716b30ba8432ee.png]

BUBBA -- Roster===Updates

Bojo Machine
League of Accomplished Players
Player builder

I have not used other than GIMP lately and feel like I could do most stuff I want to with it and that quality of my work is more dependant on my skill to use it (and to figure out things that I could/should) do rather than limits of the tools I have at my disposal. Very likely that is partly because I don't know about better (I think I had crakked PS around 2010 but can't say I remember anything about it).

So if you have not used either lately I doubt you could lose much by testing it out. Or maybe someone can come in with more experience and get me to move to better program.

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me

04-17-2020, 05:07 AMpuolivalmiste Wrote: I have not used other than GIMP lately and feel like I could do most stuff I want to with it and that quality of my work is more dependant on my skill to use it (and to figure out things that I could/should) do rather than limits of the tools I have at my disposal. Very likely that is partly because I don't know about better (I think I had crakked PS around 2010 but can't say I remember anything about it).

So if you have not used either lately I doubt you could lose much by testing it out. Or maybe someone can come in with more experience and get me to move to better program.

I went from GIMP to PS about 4 years ago, it was a night and day difference in quality and ease. But I have read good things about how GIMP has progressed and am playing with it again. Feels weird and uncomfortable after so many years on PS.

[Image: c3936a1e67537ed2c9716b30ba8432ee.png]

BUBBA -- Roster===Updates

Bojo Machine
League of Accomplished Players
Player builder

I used to use Paint.NET. I like it much better than GIMP, both for layout and flexibility of software through community mods. It's also got some filters that I couldn't find with GIMP.

I still use it for some stuff, mostly things that I know are probably in Photoshop but that I haven't figured out yet. The main argument for Photoshop are its tools and vector mapping. It scales images very nicely, but nothing is perfect. It's also got some nice function and organizational tools.

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

There's also pixlr.com which is very pretty.

But yeah i just bit the bullet yesterday and did Photoshop for 10/month

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

If I didn't have the monthly Photoshop subscription - for me it's worth it - I would seriously look into buying Affinity Photo. It's not that expensive and quite decent.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]

04-19-2020, 12:36 PMCarpy48 Wrote: If I didn't have the monthly Photoshop subscription - for me it's worth it - I would seriously look into buying Affinity Photo. It's not that expensive and quite decent.
Checked out that Affinity Photo and seems to be on 50% sale currently (no idea how often it would be) if anyone is interested. Still not sure if I really need it though.

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me