Create Account

S53 PT #5 - Contract Negotiations
(This post was last modified: 04-20-2020, 12:03 AM by hotdog.)

It's time to change the team-friendly culture that runs rampant throughout the SHL - you're a star, and you deserve MORE MONEY. Or more STUFF. In this PT, imagine you're negotiating your next contract and you want MORE. What will be your strategy to convince your GM to pay you more money? How can you make the case you deserve a bigger contract? Or if it's not money you're after, what additional perks are you trying to negotiate into your contract? 

Written option: In 150+ words, describe what perks you would want in a new contract and/or your approach to convince your GM you deserve a raise.
Graphic option: Show us a scene from the negotiations with your GM in their office. Include a prop or a speech bubble to illustrate how your player is making their case for more perks or money. 

THIS PT IS FOR SHL PLAYERS AND SEND DOWNS. IT IS NOT FOR SMJHL ROOKIES.
You will receive 3 capped TPE for fulfilling all requirements.
This PT will close Sunday, April 26th at 11:59pm ET.
Welfare claims from either PBE or NSFL are accepted! (if you’re claiming welfare and have a different username on the affiliate's site then you need to state that in your post to get credit.)
If you have any questions/concerns, please PM me. Tasks with malicious intent will not be graded.

@StamkosFan may claim 1 additional uncapped TPE for submitting the suggestion that inspired this PT.

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway
(This post was last modified: 04-26-2020, 11:16 PM by 5ympathies.)

I love hotdog and hotdog ? loves me so I know that all of my demands (requests) will be met, otherwise I'm out of here. Also I was going to do a graphic in snapchat but that's not happening, so instead I'm just wasting the potential of the first response. My first request is at least 7 million for 4 years with a player option after 2 years. If i sense the team is on the way down after 2 years, we are through and I'm going to Tampa for 10mil. My most important request is a NTC (no tamper clause). I want the ability to tamper players to my team with either no punishment from HO or for my team to cover my bank when I inevitably get punished. My third and final request, is that I don't want my ability to @ everyone to be taken away due to misconduct (thanks JSS).

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2020, 03:05 AM by goldenglutes.)

[Image: FGTXJGv.png]

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]

(This post was last modified: 04-20-2020, 04:07 AM by Zomp.)

[Image: GAZcpmZ.jpg]

Well, well, well, so the task at hand is to convince my general manager to cough up some more dough, or maybe even some contract provisions? Fortunately for me I happen to know what my GM, @Wasty , kryptonite is and that's some good ol' Mary Jane. My favorite girl comes in all kinds of flavors but I know I have to be strategic if I'm going to sway a chronic like my man Wasty. First off, I'm rolling a strawberry dipped spliff with some Platinum Bubba. I want the first hit to hit hard and I need Wasty to be floating by Planet Zoolu when I pitch him my contract extension. After we done with the spliff, I'm packing a minimum of three bowls with Purple Haze so that we can enjoy them through our convo, it'll keep Wasty on track and by track I mean completely ripped out of his mind so he won't know the con I'm trying to get by him. As for contract? Hell, I don't need the money, I just want a no trade contract because the only damn thing I want is to be a Panther4Lyfe

200 words

[Image: f7IGJw3.png]
[Image: UFYQyLU.png]

So this is a little awkward because as a (co) GM, selling myself to effectively myself is a little awkward, but I think I can make a strong case.

Ever since being taken 2nd overall in S48 by the Steelhawks, I have only ever taken the bare minimum, because I wanna see the team succeed and I make enough money on my own anyway. However, as I have clearly usurped Tig Murphy as the best defenseman on the team (sorry @notorioustig , old man), and objectively established myself as one of the top blueliners in the entire SHL, it is clearly time for a change. Now of course, my contract runs at 4mil per season until season 62, so a new contract altogether can't be worked out. However, of course, GM contracts can be restructured. Normally this is used to lower a GM's pay for the sake of the team, but no. Effective immediately, I want to be making 10mil per season until the end of my contract. This includes being paid 6mil as an increase from 4mil -> 10mil this season.

That's right, I am demanding a 10x10 contract.

(188 words)

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

Considering I contribute a ton to the Texas locker room without even being officially apart of the team yet, I am expecting a lot from my lord and savior @dankoa. On top of a 10x10 contract, I'm expecting a pre-game blowie from a new very attractive woman for every home game. Honestly, give me the same thing from away games too. Being a stud, I expect a lot. I don't do a TON of media so having a 10x10 is very important to ensure I can stay on track for max earning. It's a give and take type thing. Dan provides me with the salary and females, I provide him with on-ice performance, and definitely nothing more. Honestly, Dan knows if I don't get what I want then I'm walking so the way in which I'm gonna go about it is via an ultimatum. "LOOK HERE YOU HECKING GM, IF YOU DONT GIVE ME MY CONTRACT DEMANDS + INCENTIVES, WE'RE GONNA HAVE SOME PROBLEMS." If that's not convincing enough I don't know what is.

[Image: minadsslatt.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-20-2020, 01:23 PM by JamesT.)

Code:
Written option: In 150+ words, describe what perks you would want in a new contract and/or your approach to convince your GM you deserve a raise.

I have always been a team player and done what I can to accommodate the team. However, I have reached a point in my life where I need to start thinking about my future and start to be a bit more selfish. 

When my next contract with the Edmonton  Blizzard is up I am definitely looking to get an increase in my salary as I rely heavily on that to increase my TPE with weekly training. I also have been improving each year during my tenure with the  Blizzard and have seen my role develop into a top 6 forward for the team. This is comparing when I first entered the SHL and was barely producing while on the third line. With the switch over to the new sim engine it has been a major boost to my production thus far in the season compared to the old sim engine.

If my production continues like this I have justifications for seeing a raise in my next contract with the team.

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures! 
(This post was last modified: 04-20-2020, 08:19 AM by _Blitz_.)

I recognize that Toronto is building a young core, and I'd like to be a part of this team long-term.

I think what I'd like to suggest would be a contract at $3.25M SAV for as long as I can sign for, with NTC protection up until the last season (maybe two if that turns out to be more than 5 seasons), and possibly a small bonus for any personal league awards won, team records set, or things like that. 

I'm also amused at the idea of asking for custom bag of blue and white North Stars M&Ms. Maybe something like this:
[Image: Screenshot_20200420-072237.png]

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

(This post was last modified: 04-20-2020, 10:37 AM by Carpy48.)

Since my next contract won't be up for a number of seasons, I'll just describe how my current one was negotiated:

My previous contract was a one year contract, but there's a whole different story behind that. This time both my GM and I knew the next one needed to be longer. He wanted to keep me on the team and I didn't want to go anywhere else. I also wanted more money. At that time I was the best player on our team and not too long ago I essentially was the entire team, it was only fair to get a raise. Yet I knew that demands like a 10x10 wouldn't have gotten me very far, my GM isn't stupid so I tried to be reasonable. I'm a team player and I know others would want to get paid as well. My most important clause was a NTC which I had received since the beginning, oddly enough, and that was all part of the plan. I didn't want to play anywhere else so the plan was and still is to retire with this team. Surprisingly I didn't get any complaints when I asked for a 6x6 so that was settled, but I did want another little extra: Fresh coffee every day in our locker room and training facilities during the entire length of the contract - for free. "You got it". That was easy.
In a new contract I could easily get more $$$ given the fact that I'm playing a position that isn't easy to replace, but since I won't need the money, I'd rather go for another long term contract that's team-friendly.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-20-2020, 02:14 AM by Katth.)

PH

I still have 5 years on my current deal, so wtf is this shit?

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-20-2020, 02:34 AM by Nhamlet.)

Easy, I show them their very short list of prospects and the gem that I am demonstrating not only am I one of the best prospects of my class to begin with, but that my value to them is inherently greater than it would be to a team that may have had better depth.
Combine that along with a chart listing off the anticipated regression stats of the current aging forwards who I have been pegged on replacing in the near future, and the next slide on my powerpoint will be:

10x10

It won't be a long negotiation on my end. Unfortunately the status of being a first round pick has gotten to my head and I am more than aware of the hot commodity I could bring to any team. Should things fall apart, then it's just a quick phone call to my agent who will instantly have multiple offers in my inbox in a matter of minutes.

Now whether or not those other teams will bite on what I'm asking for is a different question. But what's the worst that could happen? I become ostracized and not find a job in the SHL? I'm sure the Berserkers could also pay me that kind of money.

...SD says that can't' so I guess I'll need to change my expectations.

[Image: 1rdovVs.gif]

[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]

PT pass

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath

I'm not even sure I'm going to have to negotiate more money on my next contract. Gibbles will gladly pay me anything I want, and more, to keep me happy. And this has absolutely nothing to do with the contents of this flash drive *whips out flash drive*, which I obtained one late friday night after practice, when Gibbles and I were in his office and he was getting mad drunk on cosmo's. Gibbles just sees me for the quality franchise player I am, and it's quite logical that he's going to offer me a sweet sweet 10x10 deal when my current contract expires. And not only that, he will also throw in a new set of skate laces for every game, free coffee and cupcakes in the lockerroom and a spot in the lockerroom close enough to the door to not have to walk all the way past everybody, but far enough away to not have to deal with everybody constantly passing by me. Because Gibbles likes. And not because I hold some kind of secret information on his shady activities.

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty
(This post was last modified: 04-20-2020, 06:31 AM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

Mike Izzys 19 year career has been quite fruitful.. from his on the ice contracts to the dividends earned from the vast empire of #Brand-Izzy products the iconic Dragon boasts a bank account of $75,548,470 dollars with another 25+ million owed to him by the SHL for the usage of his Dragons.Tv videos. His 100 million dollar empire allows the Augment to take a minimum salary from Calgary so they can put together a better product on the ice.

With money a non factor Mike Izzy looks to the perks during contract negotiations... As shown back in S46 when Calgary purchased Izzys son #A-Rye an Hungarian tiger which is believed to enjoy country music.

And most recently during the s51 negotiations where the Dragons agreed to an undisclosed monetary amount with NASA to name a crater on Mars “#Hole-Izzy”

[Image: CpxR20D.jpg]

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria