Create Account

S53 PT #5 - Contract Negotiations

Being that Oliver Cleary is a free agent this coming off-season, he has made a list of demands that his current team, the LA Panthers, will need to adhere to in order to bring the free agent back into the fold. These demands aren't crazy and it should be very easy to the Panthers to accommodate.

First, Oliver Cleary demands an ownership stake in the Panthers. He feels that he is the future Mario Lemieux and as such, he would like to make sure he is making millions after playing. 5% is the hope but he wouldn't be mad if the organization offered 10%.

Second, Cleary expects at least 45 minutes of icetime every game. To add to this, Cleary refuses to play penalty kill. He gets paid to put up points. He doesn't play defence.

If both of these conditions are met, Cleary will stay with the Panthers. If not, he will hit free agency and will end up asking for more small, logical clauses to be added to his next deal.

Code:
173 words

[Image: theziegs.gif]
[Image: buster.gif]

[Image: unknown.png]

[Image: ProjectSaint.gif]
Sig Credit: Flappy (EVO) and Skolpaddor (RESO)

EMEKA VALENTINE-OKOLI/PLAYER

First SMJHL Goal: Colorado Raptors, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Mikelis Ozoliņš 4, Loki Odinsson 3) at 3:12, 2nd Period (GWG) / SMJHL S47 Game 47 Day 12: Colorado Raptors vs Detroit Falcons
First SHL Goal: Texas Renegades, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Josef Kubinec 5, Ricky Spanish 4) at 16:23, 2nd Period / SHL S51 Game 71 Day 16: Edmonton Blizzard vs Texas Renegades

Eternal RaptorsRaptors Old, onwards we roll Rage

And Let's Retire at the Pinnacle

Sadly, I'm probably going to need to fire my agent because I signed a super long-term deal with the Blizzard so I'm not going to be seeing any perks on my next contract anytime soon. In fact I'll be lucky if there's a roster spot for me on the Blizzard when it's over! Since I signed that deal I've won an MVP and been a huge star in this league. Since I'll be middle aged when my next contract is due I'm going to need middle age benefits. First, I want an out of this world health plan. I want 100% dental coverage with no deductibles which transfers over to my wife and kids. I'd also be stoked about a pension plan that I can contribute my remaining player income and future management income into. Finally, I want 8 weeks vacation pay. I've given a lot to this team and I think it's time they gave something back! I'm sure I'll end up signing a 1 year $3 million contract that's not even guaranteed, but a man can dream.

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

Well it goes without saying the rising superstar money d luffy is going to need that ten by ten contract when his team friendly is up. We see the likes of wagstrom and laggerfield leading the way but tomorrows star is monkey d luffy without a doubt and the stampede are going to have to pay this monster the best damn salary there is here in the simulation hockey league. Also to go along with this contract is the obvious lee out and maybe the stampede will have a functioning GM to go along with tomen the talented. Luffy is also going to ask to have 0 roommates as he needs his alone time to produce at the level he is going to produce at when his contract is in deep. This captain is gonna cost a lot but with it he personally guarantees cups are to follow. luffy for president with this contract.

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]

The first set of negotiations between Juke and Luke were completely painless. Luke pitched a contract, Jukka was in the middle of a game of chell, so he accepted without evening taking the time to really ponder the deal or even call his agent. He had made enough money from media anyways. Plus, working with Luke gave him access and connections to media opportunities, so Jukka ended up making more money off the ice than he did on. However, as a young SHL star with some money in the big city, it's gotten to his head and he has his eyes on trading in some cap for clout in his next deal. His next deal now needs to include a personal financial adviser from Wall St, a 24/7 billboard in Times square showing him off, and a statue built of him in Central Park. He thinks he has the upper hand in negotiations to get this done too, as he plans to continue to hold Luke's Rocket League games hostage, and keep dragging his win rate down like an anchor until his outrageous terms are met.

[Image: smalinowski7.gif]
Sigs: Thanks JNH, Lime, Carpy, and ckroyal92 

I am a team first kind of player, so while I will not demand the world on a new contract, there are definitely some things I would like moving forward. The ultimately stipulation in my contract has to be my demand for chicken parms. This is always a must have. I require 10 chicken parms per goal that I score in the SHL, and I do not think this is too much of an ask. For money, I will take whatever money will make us a better team overall. I demand cup championships during my tenure on the Calgary Dragons. We must win, and so if that means I have to take less money to fit more great players on the team, then I will do just that. Calgary is a winning city with the Dragons, so when I come here I expect cups. Multiple ones. Chicken parms and cups as a member of the Dragons....is that too much to ask? I think not.

[Image: 9d3oxij.png]// [Image: 8xyKeyf.png] [Image: SHLEmoteDragons.png]
[Image: RNCgTPl.png]
[Image: aS7ARv6.png]
[Image: RIXCbNI.png]
[Image: aS7ARv6.png]

Daniel Smeb is actually currently on one of the highest paid contracts of his career so for and perhaps the highest he will ever get in his career at 6M a season. Really Daniel Smeb should be making like 25M a season like his agent Adam Kylrad did once as not only is he far superior to Adam Kylrad but he also plays in a much tougher and competitive era. While Daniel Smeb isn't having an amazing season with luck he still might reach a point per game status and lead the Chicago Syndicate in offense, unfortunately his defensive numbers could leave much to be desired but who needs to play defense. Daniel doesn't really have many demands other than making more money than the rest of his Smeb brothers, and Jules Watt, and Martin Westbrook, and that Akira Ren dude, so only like half the team, no big deal really since he basically is half the team.

[Image: Kylrad2.gif]
[Image: Kylrad.gif]

When Jules Watt signed his last contract extension with the Chicago Syndicate, the Syndicate put in a secret clause that Jules Watt would have to negotiate Parker Smebs next contract with the team. Parker Smebs first demand is that Steve Craig-Smeb and Khan Smeb are immediately brought back to the Syndicate and put in top six roles. His second demand is that the Jules Watt dedication award is renamed to the Parker Smeb dedication award. His third demand is that Jules Watt can never play more minutes than Parker Smeb in any game and if he does Jules Watt must play 100 ranked games on Taliyah support. Parker Smebs final demand is that if the Chicago Syndicate ever want to get rid of a Smeb they must trade all Smebs to one team in the same deal. Parker Smeb has also said that if all his demands are not met then the Smebs will mass retire on the Syndicate leaving them without any Smebs and Jules Watt as their CO-GM.

[Image: 57879_s.gif]
[Image: 37742_s.gif]
[Image: jov7Yk9.png]

"“HA HA! THIS GAME WILL NEVER END! I POSSESS THE SOUL OF EVERY GOALIE ON TEAM B!! CREW 4 LIFE!! SIGN WITH EDMONTON FOR THE CUP!!!” cackled Belial as he placed a Fedora on his head."
SMJHL Commisioner S17-S26
Calgary Dragons GM S14-S23

The next time I negotiate with myself for a better contract I will be asking for some sweet perks, the first of which is an entirely and always entirely full mini fridge of Dr Pepper soda, the reason for this is because I am a major fan and primary sponsor of Dr Pepper, the beverage you can taste.

While that is the primary perk of the contract there will also be another perk in which states that as manager I am solely responsible for wins, and never responsible for losses as those will be handled by only Tommy.

My final request will be a home town discount of the maximum amount, being an outlandish 3,000,000 per season, more than I have ever earned in my entire professional career. This will be a noticable increase from the puny and mediocre amount of only 2,000,000 I have been receiving since being drafted by the Edmonton Blizzard.

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]

http://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/i...ntry171379

[Image: giphy.gif]

In exchange for playing out my current contract on a team friendly deal (3 years at 3 mil), I would ask for a Scottie Pippen type contract where I’m severely underpaid for a long majority of my career. This means I’ll be taking term in exchange for salary, say 4M for 10 seasons or so - similar to the 7 year, 18M contract Pippen signed. Also, as I have already been named alternate captain of Buffalo even as a rookie, I will continue to ask for no trade clauses to ensure that I can become Charles Walker 2.0 and spend my career as a Stampede alternate captain. In exchange for settling on a team friendly contract, WBF and Tomen must cook me breakfast at least once a week, and WBF must tell me how great I am at least once a day. In addition, I will be expecting at least 16 minutes of ice time a game, and will respond by leading BUF rookies in scoring. (168 words)

[Image: fishyshl.gif]
Thanks to everybody for the sigs :peepoheart:

[Image: czechpp.png][Image: czechup.png]

I come into my next contract negotiations in one season from a rather weak negotiating standpoint. Currently I bring home a measly $3 million per season and have had high hopes increasing that number in my next contract but strong drafting by my GM has put me in a shaky spot. Several all star draft picks that play the same position that I do have quickly caught up to me in TPE and could easily shake up the lineup to the point that they pass me. This puts me in a tough position where I am not so much negotiating a salary but instead I'm begging to get any sort of contract at all. As for strategy, I'll be down on my knees, begging oh please oh please, won't you keep mees? I swear it's no tease, you know I'm no sleaze, just give me the keys, I don't want to be release.

Player Updates
Player Page
Twitter

For Joln to be successful, he needs to get into his GM's mind. He NEEDS to be him. No exceptions. For the next few weeks, he will walk, talk, and act like the current Tampa Bay GM, all for the sweet sweet paycheck. Once the time comes, he will mimic everything he does, and in order to stop, he will take the league's highest contract for a player ever, or else he will be traded, meaning the GM will be traded as well. It's a flawless plan, really: there is no flaws in his plan and it will succeed.

For the contract itself, I would want as much money as humanly possible. That's it. Term would be nice, but I have a feeling this Tampa GM will want to keep him around. The GM has no choice: he is trapped with him forever. He is one with Joln DuBolk. Praise him.

[Image: MCP_.gif]
     [Image: ICON1.png][Image: lions-button-updates.png]