Create Account

S53 PT #5 - Contract Negotiations

It's obvious to Burlok that he really has @dankoa over a barrel. After next season the Renegades will have to sign a back-to-back-to-back Laurifer winning, back-to-back Four Star Cup winning, back-to-back playoff MVP, and S54 SMJHL MVP. In this scenario that is preordained and will definitely happen, it's really going to put Dank in a rough spot. How do you sign such a vital, young, aggressive forechecker with an overflowing awards cabinet? Here's how: you buy him a bigger cabinet. Those damn awards will keep falling out all over the floor with my current cabinet! You can't put a price tag on a cabinet that's big and beautiful enough to display all those achievements that I will certainly achieve. As it is right now I'll have to put the third Laurifer next to my baking supplies and my playoff MVPs at the foot of my bed but under the covers so that they don't fall out! It'll be humiliating! All I want is a cabinet with a little more space for when I definitely win all of these awards!

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=661a1734&is=6607a234&hm=b8...1bf5caed8&]

While 4 million dollars a year sounds like a lot, Al Kayhall's manager did not take into account how much he would spend on his night life. Therefore in future negotiations Al would like for his team to buy a part share of the local bar in Hamilton so that he can avoid spending so much money on bottle service. Hamilton should really consider the investment too, Al's boy Jean Ralfio assures him that the club will turn a 4% profit within the next 12 years, and frankly Hamilton would be dumb to not get in on this while they could. A small investment of 40k would give Al free drinks from 1 am to 2 am every second Tuesday and that would really be a big savings and incentive for his play when he comes to the SHL. In fact Al may call up his manager now to see if they can rework his contract.

159 Words

[Image: sfOMki5.png]

As of right now, i chose to sign a new contract with Winnipeg Jets at 4M for 2 years. I believe this is a bargain for them and I accepted it. If i was really after money, i would ask no less than 6M. Why? It's because if you see from our draft class, i was picked 4th OA but I am up there with Nicholas Owens who was picked 1st OA. I have been earning tpe at a very good place and I know that i will become a franchise defender very soon. For someone that was drafted in S51, i am already at 812 tpe. Thus, I am expecting to hit the big 1K TPE in another season. This will make me a very valuable asset to a lot of teams. If i was money hungry, I know a lot of teams will be up to pay me what i want. Imagine i went to free agency, WPG would have lost a franchise defender and it will be some time before someone they draft gets to replace me. In addition, I am a defender that is able to play both sides of the ice. I have a strong pedigree as I am the son of Zlatan. Who wouldn't want Big Z playing for them. He is just a menace on the ice. These are all strong facts that support why I am worthy of a larger salary.

[Image: pnI7R5r.png]

obviously the cliche is 10x10, but I'd be more concerned with adding a few new perks to my contract as opposed to getting more money. I would ask for a special time, maybe once or twice per week, where nobody else is allowed on the practice rink and I get to dump a few vats of lube on the ice and slide around like an otter. It would be super fun and would help me boost some of my physical attributes, especially acceleration. I reckon there'd need to be a boost to the custodial staff to accommodate this request, which I'm happy to ask that management allows - I won't ask for more money in my contract, but make sure the dedicated support staff in the arena get paid a fair wage. I'd also ask for near-unlimited access to sour patch kids on road trips and again at the practice rink - I could have a dedicated sour patch kid assistant who always carries a jar full of them and makes sure it's fully stocked.

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway
(This post was last modified: 04-20-2020, 01:40 PM by notoriousTRON.)

At this point it should not be news to anyone that Toronto is in a state of rebuild. The focus for the franchise is building a young core of talent and of course retaining all of that young talent. One piece of that is young winger Rhys Pritchard, drafted 4th overall by the North Stars in S52. Rhys is in an interesting position as he plays out the final year of his first professional contract. Pritchard will be a restricted free agent after this season so this PT is perfectly timed. Luckily for Pritchard, he has a comparable on his own team that he can point to in young star Bobby Lane who, like Pritchard, was drafted 4th overall in his class in S50. Lane, fresh of a Rookie of the Year award in S52, leads the North Stars with 25 points this season. His career arc is off to a great start and could provide a model for how Pritchard's eventual SHL career could go. The only problem is that Bobby Lane is on a very team friendly $3M contract that doesn't expire until after S55. Pritchard will likely be looking for more than that. After all, he's got bills to pay and training is expensive. 

Rhys approach with his GM ML will be to make the case that he's a top 3 or 4 player in his class and has thus lived up to his draft capital thus far and shows no signs of slowing down in his development. Pritchard has already been a part of a winner as his SMJHL team, the Anaheim Outlaws won a Four Star Cup in S52. He has also shown leadership by being named Captain for the Outlaws this season. 

All of that said, Pritchard is a team first player. A team friendly deal is not out of the question, especially before he's made his SHL debut. Perhaps a bridge deal would be best at this point in his career. Time will tell. Maybe ML will read this and want to back up a Brinks truck to Pritchard's home.

[Image: notoriousTRON.gif]
Sig Cred: Carpy, ML, RainDelay, Donini & Geekusoid
[Image: gs89eGV.png]

Living in NOLA has been really good so far. What a city, and what a reception they have for sports. Specters are really putting hockey on the map over there and for that, I think we deserve more. I cant complain about the money, but I definitely need a new house. A nice closed off area where the team can all live with beautiful homes would be sweet, not too far from the arena or practice facility either. I know I would need a new Car. A range rover or a G Wagon would be perfect for me and the big frame I have. Also, how gangster and cool are those cars, like come on.
Also, another thing the team needs is to improve the facility. You know, we are atheletes but we are also people. And what do people love to do? Look good and eat good. So, I want a great team chef in the facility along with a barbrshop for the team would be amazin. The LA Rams have it, but I know we arent the LA Rams. We are probably better in my opinion

No, I did not just negotiate for me, I negotiated for the team. Everyone would love me if we bring in Omelette guy and a chez, along with fresh cuts for the games and oractices. Like I might be the best teammate of all time with that

[Image: Bruins10.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic , @Ragnar and @sulovilen for the sexy Signature

There are many standard clauses a player can request to be in the contract. You have:

The No Movement Clause which means you can't be traded or sent down without your permission (NTC + send down kinda)
The No Trade Clause which means you can't be traded without your consent (Basically get to choose where you get traded if you were to get traded)
The Player Option which means you have the option to opt out of your contract
The Mutual Option which means you or your team have the option to opt out of your contract
and finally, the Team Option which means your team has the option to opt out of your contract

However, none of these interest Jack Kanoff, absolutely none. All he wanted was a good wank, and who better than his own GMs, @notorioustig and @ml002 to succumb to his needs. Kanoff proudly calls this the JKO (Jack Kanoff Option) where if the player opts into it, he can force his GMs or fellow teammates to jack off at any time and at any place. It is truly a wonderful option and Jacks loves it dearly. It allows him to show his GMs that off the ice, he's daddy and it is truly a beautiful sight to see.

[Image: jackkanoff.gif]

[Image: jeffiesigs.gif]
Nour is pretty hot ngl

[Image: salary-negotiation-tips-how-to-get-a-bet...161d14.jpg]

@dankoa

[Image: UCTqPUg.png]

Leo Lockhart doesn't have a leg to stand on when it comes to negotating a bigger contract. He's had a pretty garbage season so far. In fact, I think his performance this season might be worse than his rookie season, which is saying a lot. He's basically coming to the negotiating table with nothing. The only thing Leo has going for him is that his request isn't for more money, so maybe he'll be able to get what he wants just because it's cheaper than what a lot of the other guys are asking for. Leo's one request is Taco Tuesdays. He wants the team to arrange for his favorite taco truck to visit the practice facility every Tuesday when the team is at home. The team doesn't even have to foot the bill for Leo's tacos. He'll buy his own tacos, that's fine. He just wants the convenience of stepping outside and having the tacos waiting for him.

[Image: 45029_v.gif]

Sigs by: King, Tweedledunn, Me
Player Page|Twitter|Update Page

To convince my GMs of giving me what I want in my next contract, I will talk about how I have been one of the best players on the team for the last few years and how even to this day I am still one of the players that the coach rely on the most because I can play in every situation and be good at it. Since I’ve been playing in this league for a long time and I’m coming close to the end of my career, I’ve already earned much more than I expected I would earn during my life. At this moment, I’m willing to take less money if the team can guarantee me some amnesties. One of the things I would put in my contract is that I should have my own room when we are in hotels on the road and I want my room to have at least a queen-size bed.
157 words

Nor Ge
Citadelles

Salzberger Lillehammersson
norway Inferno World Falcons

Anders Christiansen
[Image: inferno.png] [Image: dragons.png] [Image: wolfpack2.png] [Image: stars.png] [Image: Dxdffra.png] [Image: hGKuRrv.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: firebirds.png]

Now I'm not going to be coming out and say that I've been underpaid on my current contracts, because frankly I have not. However we are talking about the here and now and in the raw pursuit of financial security so all the past doesn't matter. I think a more than fair price would be $10m, and because I'm nice I'll also cut the team a break and do either a short contract in case cap might be tight next season, or if they would prefer get me that big money on a few spike seasons, and supplement that with some low minimum seasons near the end. That way we can make the math work out.
I'm happy with my big fat contract, they are happy getting an elite player locked up for however long, easy. Let's get this on paper and inked, Let's Good!

Code:
153 words

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

PBE PT

[Image: 66818_s.gif]
(This post was last modified: 04-20-2020, 04:53 PM by roastpuff.)

"Please sir, I want some more," Magnus Liljestrom held his hat before him, with a pitiful look upon his face. He had approached the Manager, Goku @Muerto , who was dressed in finery more befitting a dictator rather than the General Manager of a hockey team. The Manager was a portly, healthy man, but he turned pale upon hearing these words.

"What?" he said, unable to believe his ears. What did this urchin want? More what?

"Please sir, I want some more money," Liljestrom said, affecting a teary expression. "I need more money for my training, and coaching, and other expenses."

"MORE? You want MORE MONEY?" roared Muerto. "Unbelievable! The commissioner has set the minimum standards required by us and you have the gall to ask for more?!"

"Yes sir," pleaded Liljestrom. "Please, I need more money. Perhaps, ten million per year for ten years? That should suffice quite nicely, sir."

"Never!" exclaimed Muerto. "I shan't have it! No player of mine shall earn the league maximum. In fact, I have a mind to trade you instead! The nerve! Asking for ten million dollars for ten years!"

Liljestrom was then sent away without the money that he had requested, hungry and cold, and consoled himself that at least Winnipeg was not Toronto.

[Image: gXUWhGK.jpg]

[Image: hgcI1ti.png]

[Image: 3xfcrh.jpg]

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies     S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK     Grizzlies

Okay so listen, I want to paint a picture here before I continue any further into this PT. I have a total of 3 points. I am a minus 7 in 37 games. I have 12 PIMs and not a single fight which is what I was brought into Texas to provide. Zero fights in comparison to the 10 or so I have participated in during my two seasons with the team. I have 11 shots on goal. In 37 games that is less than a shot every 3 games. I only have 6 giveaways which is great, but I also only have 6 takeaways so I am straight up never near the puck. I have 45 hits in 37 games which is a far cry from my previous 100+ hit seasons. I only have 17 shots blocked so I'm not even getting in front of pucks anymore in my old age. I only play 12 minutes a game yet have an overall rating of 51, barely above 50 and almost the lowest in the league. This team pays me 2 million dollars for all of this

Which is far too low which is why I would approach the negotiation table looking for 5m/season x 5 years and an NMC

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]