Create Account

Force SMJHL teams to cut IA's to sign DFAs

04-27-2020, 01:24 PMPremierBromanov Wrote: How exactly do you propose to force gms to get rid of inactives?

Like prevent DFA signings if you have an IA, or are you talking about getting rid of IAs the moment they become IA?

If a DFA is created - through waivers you have to pick some up til there are no DFAs left OR you have a roster full of actives. That’s what I would do.

04-27-2020, 01:37 PMiamslm22 Wrote:
04-27-2020, 01:24 PMPremierBromanov Wrote: How exactly do you propose to force gms to get rid of inactives?

Like prevent DFA signings if you have an IA, or are you talking about getting rid of IAs the moment they become IA?

If a DFA is created - through waivers you have to pick some up til there are no DFAs left OR you have a roster full of actives. That’s what I would do.

but which teams? What if more than 1 team has inactives, how do you decide which team has to pick up the DFA?

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

04-27-2020, 01:35 PM.bojo Wrote:

I wouldn't be opposed to some sort of system where at the end of each season inactives are dropped from rosters (over 200 tpe)

makes sense to me. Doesn't disrupt current season, I think that's the biggest worry people have

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG

04-27-2020, 01:40 PMPremierBromanov Wrote:
04-27-2020, 01:35 PM.bojo Wrote: I wouldn't be opposed to some sort of system where at the end of each season inactives are dropped from rosters (over 200 tpe)

makes sense to me. Doesn't disrupt current season, I think that's the biggest worry people have

that is exactly the biggest worry
for some teams ias play a big role, an example is us where potvinov and reeves, both ias, play key roles

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

04-27-2020, 01:46 PMbluesfan55 Wrote:
04-27-2020, 01:40 PMPremierBromanov Wrote: makes sense to me. Doesn't disrupt current season, I think that's the biggest worry people have

that is exactly the biggest worry
for some teams ias play a big role, an example is us where potvinov and reeves, both ias, play key roles
right. No team wants to play poorly just because someone created right before playoffs. AND, no new player wants that burden on their shoulders. Almost be better to let the IA be a surrogate player for that player, just so they can experience what it's like to have ice time.

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG

04-27-2020, 01:39 PMPremierBromanov Wrote:
04-27-2020, 01:37 PMiamslm22 Wrote: If a DFA is created - through waivers you have to pick some up til there are no DFAs left OR you have a roster full of actives. That’s what I would do.

but which teams? What if more than 1 team has inactives, how do you decide which team has to pick up the DFA?

Have them put on waivers and go in order. This is what the other leagues do. But look - I’m happy with what HO did. Glad we’re all at least able to join teams.

I get that precedence is put on actives playing over IAs... However, these blanket statements that DFAs take precedence over IAs isn't taking into account the active teammates that have created.. updated.. and committed to our league... alongside those who went IA. So while I think the correct decision was made about giving DFAs the ability to sign, yet not be rostered... I hope we don't shift to a decision that negatively effects those whom have created and have become deeply committed. They don't have the ability to make someone update... but also shouldn't have to worry that half way through the season a foundation can drastically shift. Albeit if players at the beginning of the season are designated as IA, then that would be a suitable time to eliminate in a league wide manner if the resources are there to do so.

[Image: Wally.png]

04-27-2020, 02:13 PMiamslm22 Wrote:
04-27-2020, 01:39 PMPremierBromanov Wrote: but which teams? What if more than 1 team has inactives, how do you decide which team has to pick up the DFA?

Have them put on waivers and go in order. This is what the other leagues do. But look - I’m happy with what HO did. Glad we’re all at least able to join teams.
I'm not really a huge fan of that. But I'd be more than happy with offseason IA purges

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG