Create Account

S53 SMJHL PT #6 - Build Your Team

My selections for Team Building with $18:

$4: F Ethan Price - He started the season off slow, but there are few who have been hotter than Price. Finishing the season with 21 Goals and 20 Assists, he's been a rock for the Outlaws going into the end of the season.

$4: D Alex Petrenko - Perhaps the best Defenseman in the league, Petrenko out scored quite a few forwards this season, all the while finishing the season with a Defensive Grade of 84. 

$4: F Mega Tron - In the last US Election, I was ready to vote Megatron over Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton. At least with him, you knew what his platform was....Global Domination.

$3: G Name Redacted - What are you hiding, bub? Why won't you tell us your real name? Huh? What's that? This is your real name? Really? You're serious. You mean your parents intentionally named you this?

$2: D Bradley Barkov - Good Russian name. Barkov. Which reminds me....do dogs Barkov in Russia? Did you notice the other $2 D Option was Petrikov? Are the $2 Russians Cornering the Build-A-Team market? My last name would not sound good in Russia. LeBlondov.

$1: F Al Kayhall - For some reason, like a subliminal message in the name, I'm inclined to pick this Maine Timbers Defenseman. He played well, and he's cheap, so I'll take him because I need the extra money to buy a beer.
(This post was last modified: 05-03-2020, 12:16 PM by Noah Johns.)

Noah Johns II - Colorado Raptors 

F: Edward Williams - I am just off the bat looking for a good forward and forwards so I chose Edward because I thought he was the best forward available.
F: Kaarlo Kekkonen - I also need another good scorer so we can keep up the momentum and score lots of goals and get lots of points and W's with this rag tag duo.
F: Braden Lowrie - I had to step it down to conserve on money but Braden Lowrie I just had a feeling was gonna be a good person for my starting 5 to support Kaarlo and Edward.
D: Jaska Seppala - I chose Jaska because of his cool hair mainly and his skill. I think he's a pretty good defenseman and it would be nice to have him because he's solid.
D: Simothy Drunkenbird - Mainly chose Simothy because of his last name but I think overall he's an' average defenseman and because I am running low on money I had to go grab him.
G: Samat Beibitzhanov - Well uh' don't know how to get his name right but he was the only Goalie I could afford so that was the reason that I got Samat Beibitzhanov.

F: Jimmy Wagner (1) Edward Williams (5) Slatt Potts (1)
D: Sven Yxskaft (3) Alex Petrenko (4)
G: Cale Amundsen (4)

Williams is a top notch forward who just generates offense every time he is on the ice. The leagues leading scorer is a must have on any roster.
Potts is a good forward to have. He can play both sides of the puck and is not afraid to go to the boards and deal out hits to the opposition.
Wagner is a solid winger pick. He gets pucks to the net and is a solid playmaker. He also rarely takes penalties to he will help keep the team at even strength or better.
Yxskaft has been a workhorse for the Whalers this season. Putting in over 25 minutes a game and holding down the line on the powerplay, he has to be the pick.
Petrenko is a force to be reckoned with on the blue line. He generates solid offense but also holds the line well on the other side of the puck.
Amundsen is the pick at goal. He has similar numbers to Eller but is a whole dollar cheaper. Best bang for your buck goalie on the board hands down.

[Image: 3MtyuZk.gif]
[Image: dAxJaBU.gif]

NSFL Welfare

[Image: bouch22.jpg?ex=65381617&is=6525a117&hm=6...178839271&] [Image: VGl3CB4.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-01-2020, 12:34 PM by Zaitsev.)

Forward: Edward Williams - Pretty easy selection here, you need to score goals and create offense. Williams had 64 points this season, easily worth $5 here. Hell I would've paid $6.

Forward: Jimmy Wagner - This one is just becuase he's my guy. At $1 and surrounded by other super highly talented players, snagging Wagner for $1 is an absolute steal, he's a great player and is surrounded by a ton of youth in Carolina.

Forward: Kaarlo Kekkonen - Again, kind of an easy selection here, need to score goals, Kekkonen already clearly has a great connection with Williams so why not bring them both into the fold.

Defense: Since I've spent money in a lot of other places and I have to go diving in the discount bin for defensemen. Here I'm going with Erben Kasius, frankly he'll just have to do, with 6 goals and 17 assists though I think he will fit in nicely with the forwads up top

Defense: Again, cheapest option on the board going with Valentin Kalashnikov, similiar upside to Kasius, a good player, scored 9 goals and 23 points total so he will be able to chip in and hopefully help keep a few pucks out of the net.

Goal: Frans Eller, went for the top goalie here. As you can tell by my other spending, I went high on forwards, a big cheap elsewhere so really banking on Eller bailing us out of some tough situations, much like he's been able to do this season in Carolina

[Image: DIsmdUx.png]

Forwards:
$5 Edward Williams: I mean why would you not pick the best player in the game? On top of that Edward is ridiculous fun to watch. Hitting, scoring, fighting, the man does it all
$5 Michell Van der Heijden: Mitchell is basically a more tame version of Edward. I think their styles together would mesh perfectly well and would be an incredibly imposing 1-2 punch of strength teams couldn’t match with.
$1 SLATT Potts: I couldn’t believe that SLATT was only $1 here. Really like what he brings to the table, would be a perfect compliment to the top line. One of the best takeaway vs giveaway ratios in the league and can finish with the best of them.

Defenseman:
$4 Jukka Timonen: This minute eating defenseman would be great to build to feed the insane forward line I put together. Additionally, his takeway vs giveaway ratio is ridiculous for a defenseman and would help keep the puck on the attack a majority of the time
$2 Alexei Petrikov: Every team needs an offensively minded defenseman to be the quarterback on the PP and Petrikov would be the perfect fit here for that role with 29 points on the season and a crazy 9% shooting percentage for a defenseman

Goalie:
$1 Samat Beibitzhanov: Again, another major steal in this game at only $1. This veteran goaltender has been more than solid on a subpar team all season and is a major reason why Colorado is in the playoffs. With a team like this he would really shine.

[Image: honkerrs.gif]
[Image: OPTIMIZED.png]

$5 – Mitchell Van Der Heijden - F – Total $5
For all the shit I fling at the Armada, VDH has to be my top pick in the top tier. Despite Edward’s overwhelming numbers, VDH has taken a team that should have been good and made them cup contenders.

$4 – Cale Admunsen –  G - Total $9
I have a grudge against this guy, as Newfoundland’s inability to stop a mediocre Colorado offense put the nail in the coffin that Vancouver crawled themselves into.  However, value-wise, there’s no other goaltender I’d rather have than Cale.  A good choice for ROTY, it’s impossible to pass this dude up at 4 bucks.

$3 – Sven Yxskaft – D - Total $12
A travesty that a guy of this calibur is this low.  This guy took an anemic Vancouver defense and strung together an inconceivable amount of 100DGR games to keep them in the running until the very end.  Shot blocker and crease clearer extraordinaire. If I could take him twice, I would.
$3 – Stracimir Petrovic – F - Total $15

Maybe not as undervalued as Yxskaft, Petro was just as important to his team and can perform under pressure.  An opportunist who can score even with limited support, he’s an easy pick at $3.

$2 – Alexei Petrikov – D – Total $17
In a pairing with Yxskaft, Petrikov makes an ideal fit.  His two-way play is monsterous for the $2 price tag attached.  He can put up points, cover zone at home, and be a good neutral zone possession carrier.  Absolute steal.

$1 – SLATT Potts – F – Total $18
Absolute stud in the making here and a steal at a loonie. He always gave me a rough time playing against him, as he takes my philosophy for ████████████ [Redacted by Agent 834-Texas] (shoot early and often).  His playstyle works out good for him, and he’ll produce far beyond his $1 value.

[Image: x7WZYBT.gif]
[Image: hTAHbeC.png][Image: OaCJVMI.png] | [Image: pMYriGC.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-02-2020, 08:04 PM by Count Chocula.)

removed

[Image: Chocula22.gif]
Berserkers Wolfpack France

For meni would do as follows
G - Cale "The Clutch" Amundsen 4$
I'm choosing my dear team mate as hes amazing goalie and even better person. He got robbed of an allstar appearence after stellar regular season
D - Jukka "Jugi" Timonen 4$
Next up to help the teams offense im choosing my dear linemate Jukka. He excels at offense and breaking away, Defense is improving but with a right partner he can do it all!
D - Sven Yxskaft 3$
To accomodate Jukkas lack of defensive ability i decided to get more defensive minded fellow to help him and Cale. Sven had a stellar defensive season being in top of each defensive category!
F - Reid Sutherland 3$
For the first guy in offense im going with Sutherland, He was an allaround average player, Put up some decent points and was working his ass off!
F - Stracimir Petrovich 3$
For my 2nd Forward im going with Petrovich, He has been playing very well Vancouvers lineup, giving the team a little bit defensive help with Jukka going into Offense
F - SLATT Potts 1$
My final player on the squad is another team mate of mine, SLATT Potts. Giving the team another more defensive minded forward so the team is well balanced and ready for new adventures

Finland Update Page  Interview  Player Page  Wolfpack

[Image: Snussu.gif]

Thanks to everyone made sigs to me!!!! (Gif made by myself)

(This post was last modified: 05-03-2020, 05:22 PM by moonlight.)

G - Cale Amundsen $4 - This is one of the best goalies in all of the SHL. He is so frustrating to play against with his absurd .919 saving percentage. He has one of the best mental games to deal with the barrage of shots he had to face.

F – Jimmy Wagner $1 - I have to go with my boy Jimmy. As a fellow Kraken teammate, his best attribute is his character (team captain). And his skill is pretty nice to with his 29 points on the season in what I have to admit was a pretty weak Kraken team.

F – Edward Williams $5 – I have to go with the best player in the league. He’s one of the most versatile players in the league. Leading the league in goals, assists and power play goals. C’mon.

D – Jack Kanoff $5 - One of the premier defenders in the SHL. He’s put me on my ass several times as he shows no mercy, but he can score at will too.

F – Simothy Drunkebird $2 – This is a dude who plays much like his last name. He’s flight and smooth flyer on the ice, but at the same time does it while being half drunk and he’s completely unpredictable on the ice.

D - Valentin Kalashnikov $1 – Welp, with $1 dollar budget left, why not pick this guys. Fiesty defender who isn’t afraid to get dirty considering his hit numbers. Pretty good choice for 1 buck.

[Image: moonlightSHL.gif]

[Image: zFE0mSA.png][Image: xc2IPJy.png][Image: HKi05IH.png]

[Image: PT6.jpg]

[Image: Wally.png]

NSFL Affiliate

[Image: zuck_1.jpg]
[Image: ddIlIkT.png][Image: Citadel-NAVY-Wavy-Line-65K.gif][Image: qzGJBye.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-03-2020, 10:27 PM by Evoner. Edit Reason: file did not upload )

My Overall Team Graphic
(This post was last modified: 05-03-2020, 11:18 PM by Lockwood.)

04-26-2020, 08:08 PMGwdjohnson Wrote: So the season is drawing to a close on Monday, and we've all gotten the chance to see the star players of the league establish themselves throughout the season. For this PT, we will be taking a more creative approach, and with inspiration from a classic social media sports game, we'll be asking you guys to build a team using simple budgetary constraints. You have $18 to build a 6-man 'Superteam' of players from all over the SMJHL priced from $1-$5; how will you build yours?

[Image: 18_Super_Team.png]

Task

Written option: Pick your six player team, and for each player write 25 words or more about why you chose them.

Graphic option: Make a graphic showing an overview of your team. Must include each player's name and price.

Reward
4 TPE for doing the thing. (Just one, not both.)

Only S53 SMJHL Rookies (S54 SHL Rookies) are eligible for this PT.

Link PBE or NSFL submissions here to get credit for Welfare claims.

You cannot claim TPE for this PT until a post is made in the global claim thread.

Deadline
Sunday May 3rd @ 11:59 PM EST

Also: Special thanks to @reid_sutherland for this PT idea, he gets to claim 1 uncapped TPE for the suggestion. Also thanks to @Dextaria for an awesome job making the graphic Cheers
Mega Tron- Drunkbird- Bale- Potts
Turner- O'Shea

Kavanaugh
with 1$ to spare
I got everything i needed, a goalies with a good save percentage, the best LD and RD, Potts as a goal scorer. Tron as my all around best player plus a good center who can help it shooting and passing. I felt pretty good about this one honestly, I alwats like doing these where you work with some money and have to build a team its awesome. thanks for putting it on here

G kavanaugh- Had one of the best save pertenages this season and he was a tank in net. I felt good about getting him for only 2$. Steal of a player honestly and with the two best defenseman I am sure his stats would improve.

LW Megatron- Tron has been one of the best players in the game this year. I know this from being on the same team but holy smokes what a game changer. This is who i chose to anchor my 1st line in this graphic only some of the "flashier" centers

C Drunkbird - Drunkbird was the 3rd best Center this year and I got him at a low value here. People were going to spend a lot for a C in the $5 category, but instead I cut back and a got a great player that is very close to a heijdan. So I loved getting him at only 2$, it was a steal

RW Plots- I know I have a few other steals but this was by far the biggest. I got the best scoring  RW for $1 so with him and Megatron it was sure to hurt goalies from both points. He isn't the best playmaker but who cares? you get an elite goal scorer for cheap.

LD TUrner- the best LD in the league by points comes in here at only 3$. Having a great D caan help take some pressure off some offesnive core. Get a guy who can be impactful and still be defensive and that's what I got here

RD- O shea - what else do I have to say. He has got to be the best defenseman in the league and I just had to take him. Shut down D who also puts up a bunch of points, where can you go wrong? His playmaking will help plotts increase his goals and he would pair great with turner.I thought it was a great pick for the 5$ category

F- Mitchell van der Heijden ($5): Led the Armada in points scored, along with a great locker room presence. Also has a four star cup under his belt. Good start to the team

F- Braden Lowrie ($3): Second on the Armada in points, Lowrie was a big reason we stayed in a lot of games down the stretch. Also a big presence on special teams.

F- Jimmy Wagner ($1): Wagner did well on a Kraken team that some would say didn't have their best season this year. 30 points for a dollar is a steal.

D- Alexei Petrikov ($2): Leading all rookies in scoring, as well as defense for the Armada, Petrikov's skills on the power play aren't something to be ignored. He reminds me of his father, Mikhail Petrikov.

D- Jack Kanoff ($5): A great locker room presence, as well as a great scorer, Kanoff would be a great linemate to help Petrikov continue to grow. Doesn't play as much on special teams though.

G- Cillian Kavanagh ($2): A great presence in net to round off this team, Kavanagh showed his skills down the stretch to help lead the Knights to the first seed in the west and a first round win.

[Image: 49775_s.png]
Thanks to Budgie and Carpy for the sigs!

Player || Updates