Create Account

S53 SMJHL PT #6 - Build Your Team

$1 Jimmy Wagner
No reason for picking him, just a body because I know fuck all about the other teams. Really just throwing a dart at a board and hoping it hits.

$2 Jaska Seppala
I think he is on my team, so that's why I'm picking him. No real reason other than that. Maybe he is good at hockey, who knows.

$2 Simothy Drunkebird
I think this dude is a pretty cool guy. That's if I'm thinking of the right person. Anyways I'm sure he plays hockey well if he's on the thing.

$1 Valentin Kalashnikov
Purely because he has a fun name to say and if you're shit faced you'd be fucked trying to say his name. Hopefully he plays hockey well.

$1 Erben Kasius
His first name sounds like urban, so that for sure means he is a stud. Realistically I don't know who any of these people are, other then that they play for some team in the SMJHL.

$2 Cillian Kavanagh
I think he is my teams goalie, but who knows. If he is, I'm pretty sure he has a good chunk of wins, so why not pick him to be on the team.

Team Total: $9

Honestly I hated this PT. I'm sure for other people it was fun, but I would have rather done something where I could have wrote about something that wasn't stats based.

Sven Holmberg

[Image: hexx55.gif]

[Image: mitochondriafigure1.jpg]
Player Page | Update Page

Build Dream team on 18 dollars
$5 – Forward – Edward Williams
I would take Edward Williams as one of my forwards due to him being number 1 in goals, 1 in assists, and 1 in hits. He is able to get it done both sides of the ice.

$5 – Forward - Mitchell van der Heijden

I would select Mitchel van der Heijden for his dominance as well. Similar to Ed Williams. Number 2 in goals, 5 in assist, 5 in hits. He is also number 1 in overall game rating.

$2 – Forward – Jaska Seppalla
For 2 dollars Jaska Seppalla is a steal. This bargain bin find is a sniper. 16% shot percentage with a full season played with 144 total shots. Do the math it will be Jaska plus puck equals net.

$3 – Defender - Sven Yxskaft
I think this one is easy to explain. Get the highest graded defender in the league. He also is only 3 dollars. That’s simple math.

$1 – Defender - Valentin Kalashnikov
Another no brainer here. When you have the number 2 hitter in the league for only a dollar you take that discount every day of the week.

$2 – Goalie - Cillian Kavanagh
I only have 2 dollars so Cillian Kavanagh is the highest goalie I can buy. I aint mad at that as he has the highest win total out of all the goalies in the league. Pair him up with this dream team in front of you that win will stay as well.

[Image: lazer2.png]

F: Mega Tron 4

My most expensive forward, and second most expensive player, Mega Tron is the star of this offense. With a name like Mega Tron i’m sure he will be a phenomenal hockey player.

F: Simothy Drunkebird 2

What a better way to get the offense to the next level than having Simothy Drunkebird screaming down the ice with the puck. Good value at only two dollars.

F: SLATT Potts 1

My boy SLATT is getting straight disrespected being priced at only one dollar. In reality he's a six dollar player but yall ain’t ready to accept that yet. Absolute steal here for just a dollar.

D: Jack Kanoff 5

My most expensive player, Jack Kanoff brings a huge hitting name to our line up. I'm sure as a player he brings the same impact. Team Captain material.

D: Bryce Turner 3

Bryce Turner sounds like a baseball player to be honest with you, but a good baseball player at that. And at three dollars he helps bring the rest of the team right to our budget.

G: Name Redacted 3

Who is Name Redacted? Nobody knows, except for maybe me, which is why I picked him here. If people knew who Name Redacted really was, there wouldn’t be another goalie on the list.

[Image: 6Xj1IWG.png]

Player Page || Update Thread || Signatures

[Image: PoQh1Wx.png] [Image: rmu9FS0.png][Image: VxdFjLy.png][Image: QKcW3J4.png] [Image: RoypPRF.png]

Forward
($1) Al Kayhall - It is my boy Kayhall. He's our captain and leader. I would trust this pick to be the steal of the board. He brings all the intangibles you look for in a player.
($4) Mega Tron - Top tier talent on the front end. Plays both sides of the ice and will help out the whole roster. Kayhall can play center and just feed freebies to Mega Tron to blast home. 
($3) Braden Lowrie - More high end talent to help out the front. Uses Taylor Hall as his picture so I can respect that. Makes a scary top line for opposing defenses to deal with.
Defense
($1) Valentin Kalashnikov - Top minutes D-man. Plays the hard minutes and gets results. Is massive in the locker room for team morale and cohesion. Cheap and efficient for the roster.
($4) Alex Petrenko - Another top minutes D-man. Lock down opposing number 1's and be a menace on the ice. He can control the back end join the attack on the rush.
Goalie
($5) Frans Eller - Good teams are built from the back end. Top tier talent costs top tier money so this is worth the pick and cash. If you stop the puck from going in you can't lose.

[Image: 1161116581909246052.gif][Image: cobb.png?ex=6576542e&is=6563df2e&hm=9cd2...40228abcd&][Image: 1161116581909246052.gif]
Thank you @Ragnar  for the Sig!
Previously: Patrick Shepherd (S52 - S64)

PBE Affiliate

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/glswenson.gif[/img]

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/agentchadjohnson.gif[/img]

(This post was last modified: 04-28-2020, 03:49 AM by hockeyiscool.)

The roster that I would pick is as follows.

I would have Cillian Kavanagh in net. Kavanagh is an insane value at $2. Kavanagh doesn't get the glory that other goaltenders get because Kavanagh has a team around him that deflate his stats.  I would normally go with my boy Fans Eller in net (as he could be deserving of MVP especially if the Kraken go deep in the playoffs) but this team is looking to get max return on depth. 

In front of Kavanagh we need to go with Sven YXSKAFT. It really hurts me putting someone from Vancouver on the list but he will be the primary stay at home defender for this group of lads, but I'm certain YXSKAFT and Ryosuke Sato is the reason why Name Redacted had such a break out start of the year. So at $3 is an easy decision.

The defenseman to pair with YXSKAFT would be Valantine Kalashnikov. Kalashnikov has a history of being a shut down defenseman and that combo would ensure no one would come even close to Kavanagh crease. Kalashnikov wouldn't hesitate to drop the gloves to protect or to get the boys riled up. For the low low price of $1, Kalashnikov brings an amazing locker room presence and is known for ripping some of the "dankest memes"--that video posted after the falcons lost to the timber had me rolling

For the right wing, I would pick up Mega Tron. This guy has the best presence in front of net. That's a trait that I think is underrated and at $4, I think it's money well spent. Other perks of having Mega tron is also a has a very balanced wing who's not afraid to get back on defense and block shots, or rough up opposing players for the fun of it.

On the left wing I would have Frederick Wanesly. For $2 He's someone who quite balanced as a player who has a lot of versatility, and is an underrated member of this Falcon team.  he would mainly be picked though to set up our $5 to thrive and get as many targets as possible.

The $5 person is non other than Mitchell van der Heijden. This Center is going to be the core of the offense. Physically he's really well balanced with endurance to get through the bulk of the season. Defensively he's decent with a strong edge on the face off dot over a lot of people But Offensively he has it where you want it. His accuracy is top of the league and the combination of his physical attributes and know how to get open really has him above the rest. Currently I think his team is holding him back as everyone knows boat team bad. But in this line combination he would come away with the Scoring title and this roster would come away with a 4-star cup!

That leaves me with $1 to put Jimmy Wagner on the bench.

Final Roster: ($17)

G: Cillian Kavanagh ($2)
D: Sven YXSKAFT ($3)
D: Valentine Kalashnikov ($1)
F: Mega Tron ($4)
F: Frederick Wanesly ($2)
F: Mitchell van der Heijden ($5)

Leaving Jimmy Wagner on the bench...Priceless

F- Edward Williams - $5
Overall scoring leader in the SMJHL. It makes sense to spend majority of the team budget on a player who can basically do it all himself. Williams is our core player.

F - Simothy Drunkebird - $2
The team is mostly set up already with some great offense but we need someone who can pitch in on defense too. Simothy's ratings have been phenomenal and above 40 shots blocked for a forward is among the best in the league.

F - SLATT Potts - $1
Why is this guy only $1? What a steal! A realiable forward who often jumps on the offense with some multiple-goal games this season. Led the league in shots this season so let's bring him in to pepper the other teams.

D - Jukka Timonen - $4
Jukes is a perfect all-around defenseman to lead our blueline. While his offense seemed to lack at times, his defensive stats are among the best for defenders as well. He'll be relied on to do it all.

D - Bradley Barkov - $2
Barkov was fantastic for Colorado this season. He was constantly setting up plays for the forwards and I think that works nicely for our strong offense. Barkov should be able to play well with Juke too.

G - Cale Amundsen - $4
The rookie sensation taking the league by storm. Cale has stood on his head several times over to lead Newfoundland to an above-.500 record and would be a solid keeper on any team.

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]

F © - $5 Mitchell Van Der Heijden
- The key to any franchises long term success for both offense and defense comes from their center. From what I can see from some of the advanced stat is MVDH is the 100% right choice here to be the pillar which the offense builds from.

F - $2 Simothy Drunkebird
- One of the more under appreciated forwards I think on this list Drunkebrid would be a great option for this team I am trying to build to mirror a top tier Bruins playoff team. I hate the bruins, but hey you have to respect the deep 2 way play by their team.

F- $1 Al Kayhall
- I have to take my boy here as he is SEVERLY under rated being in the $1 tier and easily the best value on this team. He will thirve with a more complete line up to work with and make everyone wish they made a line up like this.

D - $4 Jukka Tomonen
D - $4 Alex Petrenko
- I think a lot of people will waste extra $ on their goalies which is insane because why bother when you can just have the puck always going the other way and never even need to reach your keeper? Tomonen and Petrenko together would shut almost any top lines down while pushing the team to offense so often I could put a shooter tutor in net and still win games.

G - $2 - Cillian Kavanagh
- Kav had a really rough start to the season but really settled down as we went along. He doesn't need to be a world beater with the players in front of him and will just have to be good. Which he is.

[Image: 4zfXx6o.gif]

I’m doing this in protest as I cannot afford an all falcons team. And no jobin. Sham.

$5 Karl kekkenberg/F - he’s pretty good. I had to chose between him and tedward, I chose Kaarlo only because I’ve known him longer. I should be able to have them both but apparently that’s not allowed.

$5 jack Kanoff/d - the mighty skree man himself. Half of the dynamic duo with O’Shea. I picked jack because it was either heads O’Shea or tails Kanoff. It was obviously tails.

$3 Reid Sutherland/f - falcon he is. Score he must. Reid is the man. If he wasn’t on Detroit he would be $5. That’s a fact. High fives for his parents.

$2 Fred “the bread” weasley/f - two dollars for Fred? This is crazy. Every team should have him. Two dollars? Who made this chart? His bread pictures alone are worth two dollars.

$2 Alexei Petrikov/d - I need a d man and there are no falcons defense for two dollars. Not a shot at Alexei. Great deal for two dollars.

$1 Samat b/g - I only have a dollar left. There’s only one option. So grab your gear mr. b, I’m not spelling your name no offense, and get on the bus.

[Image: Fantobens.gif]
(This post was last modified: 04-28-2020, 04:11 PM by SAwful.)

Tried to put even more pressure on myself to build something interesting by locking positions as well.
I'm taking one of each assigned position, no overlapping.

Edward Williams - C - DET  Falcons $5
This was a no brainer. Super productive center piece to the entire production. I'd have loved to have shown some love for Mitchell van der Heijden, but at the same price I had to look at stats, and they don't lie.

Jaska Seppala - LW - KEL  Knights $2
Another guy I found way up the hierarchy list in terms of scoring goals for the low, low price of $2. Again, I'd have loved to shown more love to ANC and Braden Lowrie, but for the price, and comparing stats, spending $1 more on Lowrie would have felt wasteful.

SLATT Potts - RW - NL  Berserkers $1
I weighed heavily in goals here. This team is going to be built to score. At 23 goals, a shoot first forward that high up on the goal scoring hierarchy on this chart, this felt like another no brainier. Felt like an absolute steal at $1.

Bryce Turner - LD - COL Raptors $3
A shoot first defenseman for 15 goals at $3 is a good deal, and he's the highest scoring Left Defense on the list. He'll pair well with my next pick. Pairing guys based upon the amount of goals they could potential score has been the theme, and this looks and feels like the right pick.

Jack Kanoff - RD - DET Falcons $5
The capstone of the defense and an absolute stud. Kanoff solidifies the back end with his defensive prowess while still keeping pace and providing the offensive upside I'm looking for while building this roster. He'll serve up assist after assist and put pucks on net while keeping them away from our end.

Cillian Kavanagh - G - KEL Knights $2
I ran out of money, but when I went back to take a look at who was available I wasn't mad. Kavanagh is probably the best value on the list with his .906 SV% and 2.43 GAA. With this offensive prowess and rock solid defense from Kanoff in front of him, he'll give us every opportunity to stay in every game.

[Image: SAwful.gif]

[Image: 4NkSjIm.png]  ||  [Image: 7bttGDC.png]

Armada  ||  Uk  ||  Wolfpack

[Image: lamept.png]

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

NSFL S22 PT#1 Welfare

[Image: 1PU6YuX.png]
         [Image: JiycRrd.png]

F - Edward Williams (5$) : He's had on of the best seasons the SMJHL has ever seen and led most stats categories for skaters : goals, assists, points, powerplay goals and penalty minutes. This one is a no-brainer.
F - Al Kayhall (1$) - You need someone to win those faceoffs for Mr. Edwards to get possession. Al Kayhall was one of the best in the faceoff circle this year, and put up pretty good numbers on an underperforming Timbers team.
F - Slatt Potts (1$) - Potts has everything you need to fill out a line with Edwards and Kayhall, but he'll mostly have the grit and hustle needed to be wherever Williams won't be and get the puck back to him.
D - Bryce Turner (3$) - An offensive defenseman if there ever was one, Turner finished 10th in points league-wise, there's no-one I would rather have at the point during a PP.
D - Alex Petrenko (4$) - A consistently great player in his own end, Petrenko was second in Corsi Relative, behind only his linemate Emilia Bergman, both of them with far higher scores than anyone else.
G - Cale Amundsen (4$) - Amundsen was one of only two goalies this season to get five shutouts, giving nothing to the opponent in more than 10% of the games he took part in this season.

[Image: lespoils.gif]

F - Edward Williams ($5)
Williams is the top scorer in the league by a margin of 12 points. For sure he plays for the stacked Detroit Falcons team but I say there's no way a player leads the league and is not an exceptional player himself.

F - Jaska Seppala ($2)
Looking at the stats, Seppala seems like he can really compete. He even had more points than some players placed in the $3 tier group. With 23 goals and 13 assists on the season, I'd say it is well worth the $2.

F - Reid Sutherland ($3)
Having picked up Williams and Seppala, I needed a dedicated passer on this super team and I have none other than Reid Sutherland. Sutherland is a passing machine with 31 assists on the season and only 9 goals in comparison. Definitely need this guy dishing passes.

D - Sven Yxskaft ($3)
I'd say that my linemate Sven is an absolute steal at $3. He was leading the league in defensive rating for most of the season and had 24 points on the season, over 14 more than the next defenseman in Vancouver. Couldn't have made a better pick.

D - Erben Kasius ($1)
For a dollar, it looks like I got my team a takeaway machine. On the season, Kasius has 32 takeaways to his 11 giveaways. Additionally, he has blocked almost 60 shots this season while still getting 23 points. 

G - Name Redacted ($3)
Having played in front of him this entire season, I couldn't have thought of a better goaltender to choose. Redacted bailed me out a bunch of times and still managed to get a 0.914 save percentage. An absolute beast.

[Image: Dextaria.gif]

[Image: Niz2wua.png]  [Image: iB9r7kM.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM, @Moreorless89 and @ValorX77 for the sigs!

I know nothing about hockey so my reasoning is garbo

Mitchell van der Heijden - F $5 : Mitchell had the second most goals and points. Mitchell also had the highest game rating, highest offensive game rating, and was one of the highest defensive game ratings among non defenders so it seemed like a great pick.

Simothy Drunkebird - F $2 : Simothy Drunkebird was on the higher end of game rating and offensive game rating so for two dollars it looked like he might be good value.

Frederick Wanesly - F $2 : I chose Fred for similar reasons as Drunkebird even if he does seem to be a bit worse but there aren’t many better options for cheap.

Guy O'Shea - D $5 : Even though Shea is a defenseman his offense is a lot better and he has the highest +/- and the third highest offensive game rating. Who needs defense anyway?

Sven Yxskaft - D $3 : Just kidding Sven will be all the defense I need. Second highest defensive game rating should help this team's meh defense overall and his low offense should hopefully be covered by the rest of the team.

Samat Beibitzhanov - G $1 : The goalie is the position I cheaped out on and since I know nothing about hockey I hope that's not a bad thing to do. And Samat seemed similar/better than the two dollar option anyway so it let me spend extra elsewhere.

[Image: snail.png]