Create Account

s53 Graphics Contest Tournament: Amateur
(This post was last modified: 04-27-2020, 01:26 AM by Julio Tokolosh.)

Amateur Kickoff Event

With this post, the tournament hosts invite the amateurs (tagged below) to begin their creative process in relation to the s53 sig contest. The amateurs will have until midnight on May 3rd (this coming sunday) to share their JPG or PNG with me (it can be public or private, site or discord, just make sure I’m tagged).

Once the amateur assets are submitted, they will be randomly assigned to the patiently waiting professionals. Feel free to do as much as you think will help, but keep in mind, you will be exporting a flat image.
Other notes:
The theme is IIHF, but WJC is also permitted.
The final signature will likely have text, so make sure that the render and country jersey align with an SHL player.
The text should likely be a later step; including something that the professional will not be able to modify is relatively risky.

I encourage the amateurs to join in on the discussion in the graphics discord to learn about what might be desired and might not. Because of how many people are tagged in this, if this has major typos or errors I will likely reply in the comments. If there are any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out. This is a new and ambitious format, with the hope of doing something new and interesting, and if there has been any potential oversite, we would love to hear about it.

@.bojo @Snussu @Dextaria @reid_sutherland @Awesomecakes @Aephino @kenvald @nykonax @Capt_Blitzkrieg @Geekusoid @SAwful @puolivalmiste @Lyezech @OrbitingDeath @Wally @EricNCSU @suavemente @Lyezech @jeffie43 @HanTheMan_ @mdubz

I've never posted anything tagging so many people before. what a rush.
First post didn't tag anyone. wow, i suck.

Player Page || Player Updates || Visual History

04-27-2020, 01:24 AMJulio Tokolosh Wrote:
I've never posted anything tagging so many people

[Image: tenor.gif]

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

in an effort to not double tag everyone, i will put things that i missed here, and then update the original post in a few days once the amateurs have seen their tags.

-Sunday midnight refers to eastern standard time (NYC).
-The final size of the sig is going to be a maximum 400 pixels x 400p pixels. amateurs, you can create something at any size, and the professional will be able to downscale it to fit the canvas that he or she sees fit.
-Because of the multi-legged nature of this tournament, late submissions will potentially be disqualified.

How exciting! Good luck everyone!!!

@Julio Tokolosh Are we allowed to send any kind of message to the professional with our image? For example, why we chose the given render/player?

[Image: sBUQCq8.png]

Past Players

@kenvald that’s a not a bad idea. It will show the direction that you were heading in order to make the final product closer to the projected one in your head. A message could certainly help.
This can be accomplished by submitting a message with your art, or waiting until next Monday when it has been assigned and then reaching out on your own.

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2020, 03:50 PM by suavemente.)

@Julio Tokolosh
submission :D
[Image: Mfg6fEC.png]

[Image: 81ImQYu.png][Image: suavemente.gif][Image: QD85cmZ.png]
     Platoon    Timber

What's the minimum we need for the sig as an amateur?

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

04-27-2020, 03:50 PMsuavemente Wrote: @Julio Tokolosh
submission :D
[Image: Mfg6fEC.png]
cow man give this shit to wasty i wanna see what he'll do with it

[Image: sig-e-e-geck-atl.png]

e

the minimum would be a jpg/png of just render, no text, no background, no swap. The responses (both private and public) so far have been great. I've seen multiple like suavemente's above (multiple renders/elements), and some that are just a player with a country swapped onto the front.

04-27-2020, 04:28 PMGeckoeyGecko Wrote: cow man give this shit to wasty i wanna see what he'll do with it
We need to see this

Past players:
(S3) C/D - Turd Ferguson (HOF)
(S7) LW - Anton Wagner
(S13) RW - Christian Bauer
(S18) D - Turd Ferguson, Jr.
(S30) D - William Goddard

We've already received several interesting submissions from the amateurs.

Just as a reminder, the deadline is Sunday (tomorrow) midnight EST. The matching with the pros will happen after that.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

[Image: P02A2xf.png]
Rex Kirby - Great Britain (Click image for full size)
@Julio Tokolosh - This is my Submission! Thanks!
@Acsolap - This is your render. Keep an eye out.

[Image: SAwful.gif]

[Image: 4NkSjIm.png]  ||  [Image: 7bttGDC.png]

Armada  ||  Uk  ||  Wolfpack

Submissions are closed. We'll update you with the groups (am/pro) asap after the matching is done.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]