Create Account

allow SMJHL players to recreate while keeping their previous player eligible

(this is me btw)

i would like to retire morgan forestier and re-create because i am a bad person. i would like forestier to remain with the knights for the playoffs because i'm not gonna bone over my team **but** if my other player is just a DFA and isn't playing I think maybe we should be allowed to recreate?

just my $0.02. I understand why it's not but I think it's a decent conversation to have

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

I don't mind this idea. Since everyone else is allowed a head start, I don't see the harm in allowing you to make a player & start updating training/AC so long as you don't have more than one playing. In the same way that we don't restrict SHL players that went inactive from getting a head start, we probably shouldn't restrict/punish SMJHL players that went inactive.

It's not a difficult rule to structure either to prevent abuse, they just have to prevent users who recreate from having their new SMJHL player play until the next season.

Welcome back btw!

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

04-27-2020, 12:40 PMJNH Wrote: I don't mind this idea.  Since everyone else is allowed a head start, I don't see the harm in allowing you to make a player & start updating training/AC so long as you don't have more than one playing.  In the same way that we don't restrict SHL players that went inactive from getting a head start, we probably shouldn't restrict/punish SMJHL players that went inactive.

It's not a difficult rule to structure either to prevent abuse, they just have to prevent users who recreate from having their new SMJHL player play until the next season. 

Welcome back btw!

thx jnh, hope ur doing well bud

Maybe this could work with unrostered DFA, but otherwise it’s never going to fly. Too few roster spots available to allow people to potentially take up 2 at a time.

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

04-27-2020, 12:49 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Maybe this could work with unrostered DFA, but otherwise it’s never going to fly. Too few roster spots available to allow people to potentially take up 2 at a time.

Yeah there's a rule against having two SMJHL players, so the rule would have to allow a player to recreate and basically just have a player page/update page but not join a team.

There's really no reason to even let them be a DFA because they're already part of a team & LR.

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2020, 02:08 PM by WannabeFinn.)

04-27-2020, 12:58 PMJNH Wrote:
04-27-2020, 12:49 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Maybe this could work with unrostered DFA, but otherwise it’s never going to fly. Too few roster spots available to allow people to potentially take up 2 at a time.

Yeah there's a rule against having two SMJHL players, so the rule would have to allow a player to recreate and basically just have a player page/update page but not join a team. 

There's really no reason to even let them be a DFA because they're already part of a team & LR.
We allow SHL recreates to be DFA even though they’re a part of a locker room and team Hmm

IMO if we explicitly prevent unrostered DFAs from becoming “activated” and added to the roster later on, we could allow SMJHL recreates the same “zombie season” benefit that SHL recreates have. Unrostered recreate means you don’t have two active players in the same league, which is the driving issue behind disallowing the SMJHL “zombie”.

Edit: to clarify, I mean provide the same “zombie” benefit for post-deadline recreation. I don’t think there should be full-season SMJHL zombies like the SHL has, for any reason.

04-27-2020, 02:06 PMWannabeFinn Wrote:
04-27-2020, 12:58 PMJNH Wrote: Yeah there's a rule against having two SMJHL players, so the rule would have to allow a player to recreate and basically just have a player page/update page but not join a team. 

We allow SHL recreates to be DFA even though they’re a part of a locker room and team  Hmm

IMO if we explicitly prevent unrostered DFAs from becoming “activated” and added to the roster later on, we could allow SMJHL recreates the same “zombie season” benefit that SHL recreates have. Unrostered recreate means you don’t have two active players in the same league, which is the driving issue behind disallowing the SMJHL “zombie”.

Edit: to clarify, I mean provide the same “zombie” benefit for post-deadline recreation. I don’t think there should be full-season SMJHL zombies like the SHL has, for any reason.

Why aren't you in HO..
You're too smart

@BadWolf hire him
#leein
(This post was last modified: 04-27-2020, 04:34 PM by JNH.)

04-27-2020, 02:06 PMWannabeFinn Wrote:
04-27-2020, 12:58 PMJNH Wrote: Yeah there's a rule against having two SMJHL players, so the rule would have to allow a player to recreate and basically just have a player page/update page but not join a team. 

We allow SHL recreates to be DFA even though they’re a part of a locker room and team  Hmm

I meant that there's no argument to say they *need* to be rostered for activity purposes or retention because it doesn't really make as much of a difference to them. It's different from SHL recreates because SMJHLers already have a dog in this league and would be part of that discord, whereas SHLers might have a corpse floating around on some random SHL team they don't care about.

Also, I think that creating a broad sweeping "unrostered DFAs cannot be activated at any point" would be a mistake. It's much easier to make a specific & targeted rule. Why would we want to prevent all unrostered DFAs from ever being activated? Isn't that a little unfair and broad?

I'm seeing that you changed the wording in the next sentence to unrostered recreate. If you meant to say that in the first sentence, then we're arguing for the exact same point here.

Post Deadline: SMJHLers should be able to recreate; but your new player cannot be on a roster in that season if you wish to keep your original player.

04-27-2020, 04:33 PMJNH Wrote:
04-27-2020, 02:06 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: We allow SHL recreates to be DFA even though they’re a part of a locker room and team  Hmm

I meant that there's no argument to say they *need* to be rostered for activity purposes or retention because it doesn't really make as much of a difference to them.  It's different from SHL recreates because SMJHLers already have a dog in this league and would be part of that discord, whereas SHLers might have a corpse floating around on some random SHL team they don't care about. 

Also, I think that creating a broad sweeping "unrostered DFAs cannot be activated at any point" would be a mistake.  It's much easier to make a specific & targeted rule.  Why would we want to prevent all unrostered DFAs from ever being activated?  Isn't that a little unfair and broad? 

I'm seeing that you changed the wording in the next sentence to unrostered recreate.  If you meant to say that in the first sentence, then we're arguing for the exact same point here. 

Post Deadline: SMJHLers should be able to recreate; but your new player cannot be on a roster in that season if you wish to keep your original player.
Yes, we are arguing for the same thing here. Words are hard sometimes Aggrieved

i heard this was bein talked about at all

should i be getting ready to recreate or no

I'd be in favor of that so long as they created after the 1st post-season game. This is due to the rule that no players can be signed to a team once playoffs have begun. It lets someone recreate without fucking over their SMJHL team and gives them a bit of TPE head start (or a bit behind in TPE) compared to the rest of the class.

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

04-30-2020, 12:50 PMZoone16 Wrote: I'd be in favor of that so long as they created after the 1st post-season game. This is due to the rule that no players can be signed to a team once playoffs have begun. It lets someone recreate without fucking over their SMJHL team and gives them a bit of TPE head start (or a bit behind in TPE) compared to the rest of the class.

^^^

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

04-30-2020, 12:50 PMZoone16 Wrote: I'd be in favor of that so long as they created after the 1st post-season game. This is due to the rule that no players can be signed to a team once playoffs have begun. It lets someone recreate without fucking over their SMJHL team and gives them a bit of TPE head start (or a bit behind in TPE) compared to the rest of the class.

i think that's a fair compromise