Create Account

Graphics Grading and where we go from here

04-28-2020, 10:29 AMWasty Wrote:
04-28-2020, 09:38 AMWeretarantula Wrote: You are missing the point of the argument. The point is the level of effort required between the two mediums is far too different. The payout for making graphics as an amateur is not rewarding.
You say you can pump out 4 sigs a week for a million bucks at 1/5 grades each. Do you forget how long it takes an amateur to make their sigs? Unless it's a paint hack and slash job, most people will spend a minimum of 4 hours trying to make something look good from what I have seen and heard, because they don't understand how the program works, what tools they need to use, how to effectively apply lighting and shading etc etc. Then they are concerned that it won't earn them anything so they spend even longer on it trying to make it look better, and the scale of pay doesn't reflect that extra time put in. So telling me they should spend approximately 16 hours of their week to make 4 sigs to just to be able to afford their training in the SHL is a terrible argument, no one should have to work THAT hard to achieve that. This is meant to be a game.
"Just do more" is not the solution here, and it's frustrating to see you straight up ignore almost everything I said in my original post when I am trying to be diplomatic and constructive. You need to realise the influence you have when it comes to this conversation, and coming in here, blowing all that off and telling people the aforementioned does nothing to help.
You know you explained exactly what I did So yes I know EXACTLY what it takes as a new person to do graphics, you think I was just born and popping out 5/5 sigs? You must not understand I didn’t even know photoshop for the first THREE YEARS is was in this league. I started in photoshop and sigs just like everyone else did so don’t act and list everything people need to learn because I did it too. I’ve gone through EVERYTHING a new person in graphics has gone through and through tougher periods where A.) nobody did graphics so nobody helped B.) when graphics grading WAS REALLY SHIT (ie: didn’t get graphics graded for Multiple MONTHS) and graders didn’t care about helping so the critique was nil if anything. And C.) graphics people that did comment were MUCH harsher and insulting when it came to criticism. People like Phil wouldn’t even get to second submissions cause attitudes were awful and so off putting.

Hell my two biggest graphics teachers were never in SHL because SHL was so shit graphic wise. What the Gfx depth is like now is fucking heaven compared to ANY other era of graphics in the SHL.

So don't you want the environment to be more encouraging then? I said in the original post that the heads have done a great job improving, this is a discussion on how we can get to a level that makes everyone happy. Stop treating my replies like a personal vendetta, I have nothing against you. You just frustrated me with your unwillingness to discuss what was originally said. I am trying to evoke constructive conversation.

[Image: first.png]
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img][img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img]
Maxime Bouchard
Armada Dragons Info - Updates  Dragons Armada
Richard Dickbutt McFudderdudder II
Armada Info - Updates Armada

Messages In This Thread
RE: Graphics Grading and where we go from here - by Weretarantula - 04-28-2020, 10:58 AM