Create Account

Allow conversion of over-capped TPE to uncapped

04-30-2020, 02:33 PMスウェグキング Wrote:
04-30-2020, 02:22 PMスウェグキング Wrote: We used to just have a straight bonus for doing all PTs, would like that better tbh than converting.

Agreed, why make more steps, just make it that simple.

Great idea! Or just remove the cap like WBF said

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

04-30-2020, 02:33 PMスウェグキング Wrote:
04-30-2020, 02:22 PMスウェグキング Wrote: We used to just have a straight bonus for doing all PTs, would like that better tbh than converting.

Agreed, why make more steps, just make it that simple.

love to agree with myself lol

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

04-30-2020, 02:34 PMhotdog Wrote:
04-30-2020, 02:33 PMスウェグキング Wrote: Agreed, why make more steps, just make it that simple.

love to agree with myself lol

[Image: b84d6f367d5ba5e7808da350e6a0f111.png]

04-30-2020, 02:33 PMhotdog Wrote:
04-30-2020, 02:31 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: How much more capped TPE do you think is available than the 40 we are currently allowed to claim?

There’s like, maybe 50 total capped tpe available per season. Eliminate the cap, reduce the total available by converting WFT into small cash rewards or something.

Tracking capped TPE and the process of introducing first gens to the capped TPE concept is a fucking mess. It’s an unnecessary handicap that has actively caused more problems than it has solved.

yep it's 42 + milestones. 

I would not be opposed to eliminating the cap.

devil's advocate for a sec though: introducing the cap to first gens is a mess for about 1 week and then it makes sense and everyone moves on
1 week of a mess is 1 week too much when it’s entirely avoidable.

I don’t want to be that guy who pulls the “I’m older than you” card, but I’ve been in the league for nearly 6 years. I’ve been a GM for 25 consecutive seasons, and a rookie mentor for about as long. The PT cap, in all of the forms it has been presented to us, actively worsens the overall league experience. It inherently dissuades active users from contributing and fails to provide any real handicap for the casual user.

Fuck the PT Cap all my homies hate PT Cap

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

Sounds like a convoluted solution to a nonissue imo. Either keep the cap or get rid of it, don't add this

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

04-30-2020, 02:38 PMWannabeFinn Wrote:
04-30-2020, 02:33 PMhotdog Wrote: yep it's 42 + milestones. 

devil's advocate for a sec though: introducing the cap to first gens is a mess for about 1 week and then it makes sense and everyone moves on

I don’t want to be that guy who pulls the “I’m older than you” card, but I’ve been in the league for nearly 6 years. I’ve been a GM for 25 consecutive seasons, and a rookie mentor for about as long. The PT cap, in all of the forms it has been presented to us, actively worsens the overall league experience. It inherently dissuades active users from contributing and fails to provide any real handicap for the casual user.

Have you been around long enough to remember when it was introduced and the reasons for doing so?
My interpretation of it is that without a cap you run into a "rich get richer" issue whereas with a cap it becomes a "rich can technically choose to be a little lazier" type of thing. That's what I've said when I've "defended" it but i have no idea if that was the real motivation behind its creation - any light on that would be appreciated.

and again before you think you have to pull any more cards remember i agree with you lol. I've kicked around the idea of no more cap + no more milestones, ez.

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

04-30-2020, 02:30 PMhotdog Wrote: i like this idea

To add a 3rd con to your list, there's certain complications in the tracking of it, which might have to look something like this:

Claimed TPE
+2 uncapped TPE activity check blah blah
+2 capped TPE PT#5

Unclaimed TPE
+1 capped TPE PT#5
+4 capped TPE Milestones

total TPE: blah
Season cap: blah
Season cap unclaimed: blah

essentially once you hit the cap you'd have to keep tracking unclaimed capped TPE, which definitely makes updates more complex. Not claiming this is any sort of fatal blow against your suggestion, which I like, but another thing to keep in mind

It would add one more thing to keep in mind when updating, but the easiest way to go about this would be to work off of the current cap tracking everyone has to do. You reach 40/40, and after that you still keep track like 45/40 which means you have 5 over-capped TPE. Harder part might be to figure out how to reward this. Would we get people to post in a thread, and have someone dedicated to verifying that they're allowed the extra TPE? Or use an honor system-ish thing that would have the updaters make sure it's all correct before allowing it?

[Image: sBUQCq8.png]

Past Players

If it's 42 + milestones.. screw it. Get rid of it lol

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

04-30-2020, 02:58 PM.bojo Wrote: If it's 42 + milestones.. screw it. Get rid of it lol

Get rid of milestones while We're at it. That if anything is "rich gets richer"

04-30-2020, 02:53 PMhotdog Wrote:
04-30-2020, 02:38 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: 1 week of a mess is 1 week too much when it’s entirely avoidable.

Have you been around long enough to remember when it was introduced and the reasons for doing so?
My interpretation of it is that without a cap you run into a "rich get richer" issue whereas with a cap it becomes a "rich can technically choose to be a little lazier" type of thing. That's what I've said when I've "defended" it but i have no idea if that was the real motivation behind its creation - any light on that would be appreciated.

and again before you think you have to pull any more cards remember i agree with you lol. I've kicked around the idea of no more cap + no more milestones, ez.
The cap was introduced as a way to throttle the earning ability of highly active users in order to give the casual user a chance to keep pace. Nice in theory, but not so great in practice. The cap does just enough to piss off the upper echelon of users by forcing them to leave anywhere from 1-10 TPE on the table per season, but doesn’t effectively manage the growth gap between them and the casual user.

Anyone active enough to leave 5 capped TPE on the table is active enough to claim a PbP and earn all of that TPE gain back in an uncapped avenue. An avenue that 99% of casual users would never bother with.

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

[Image: Fuck-Da-Cap-Vol-2-English-2018-201802102...00x500.jpg]

[Image: dVy6XWn.jpg]
[Image: 9POiosr.png]
First SHL goal on first SHL shot in first SHL game.

04-30-2020, 03:00 PMスウェグキング Wrote:
04-30-2020, 02:58 PM.bojo Wrote: If it's 42 + milestones.. screw it. Get rid of it lol

Get rid of milestones while We're at it. That if anything is "rich gets richer"

milestones should be based off tpe tiers tbh if we're gonna make it more fair

[Image: 3.png]

04-30-2020, 03:03 PMJSS Wrote:
04-30-2020, 03:00 PMスウェグキング Wrote: Get rid of milestones while We're at it. That if anything is "rich gets richer"

milestones should be based off tpe tiers tbh if we're gonna make it more fair

Agreed

There are multiple suggestions in this thread on how we could handle it. I like ideas such as giving an extra TPE reward when completing all PTs, or awarding cash for each TPE above the cap. Maybe milestones should reward cash instead?

But it seems impossible to please everyone. And I'm new here since November so I don't have any experience of a cap-less world. To me it does sound like a good idea in theory, to level the playing field ever so slightly. It'd be good to hear from someone who's had a positive experience with the cap.

[Image: sBUQCq8.png]

Past Players

(This post was last modified: 04-30-2020, 03:32 PM by Baelor Swift.)

04-30-2020, 02:38 PMWannabeFinn Wrote:
04-30-2020, 02:33 PMhotdog Wrote: yep it's 42 + milestones. 

As someone who has been in the league for nearly 5 years, was an SHL GM for 13 consecutive seasons and, before that, an SMJHL GM, and is a member of HO, I think there is a lot more to the whole argument that the cap helps to limit burnout/pressure on members than you give it credit for. I was a fan of the PT Cap when it was introduced and have remained a fan of it to this day. At the end of the day, you still have to put work to reach the cap and really does not dissuade many people from contributing. There are countless better ways to contribute to the league than by doing every point task.

[Image: Marius_buffalo.png]

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue
05-23-2020, 02:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Scoop AINEC
[Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif]

[Image: Poppity.png]
^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS
[Image: Poopity_Scoop_1.png]
^^^^Credits to Snussu^^^^

[Image: Scoop.png]