Create Account

Allow conversion of over-capped TPE to uncapped

For users that submit every PT and also do well enough during the season to earn a bunch of milestones, quite a bit of TPE can be lost to the cap. I'm suggesting that we allow users to convert X capped TPE, that's over the seasonal cap, to 1 uncapped TPE. I think something like this should be rare, but reachable. Someone that knows the numbers better might have a suggestion on what X could be.

Example
We allow 10 over-capped TPE to be converted to 1 uncapped TPE.
A user earns 50 capped TPE in a season.
This means they lose 10 TPE to the seasonal cap which is 40 = Sad user.
But the user converts the 10 over-capped TPE to 1 uncapped TPE = Slightly happier user.

Why?
To give users a potential extra reward if they participate in the forum throughout the season.

Pros
  • Extra incentive to participate in PTs
  • By only giving a tiny(eg. 1) TPE reward it would not ruin the TPE economy(?)
  • Less sadness about lost TPE after reaching the cap

Cons
  • Can be seen as a "make the rich, richer" scheme as you'd probably need most milestones to reach X
  • Potentially unfair because many users don't have the time to participate almost daily throughout an entire season

[Image: sBUQCq8.png]

Past Players

This is a good idea. I fully endorse it

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

Totally not because I got 9+ capped or anything

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

I think something like 1 tpe or 500k for hitting the cap could work. Idk if it's too small a difference to complicate things or not

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

We used to just have a straight bonus for doing all PTs, would like that better tbh than converting.

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

Love this. Between all the tasks and predictions, milestones seem irrelevant since you're always overcapped at the end of a season

[Image: Kalakar1.gif]

04-30-2020, 02:24 PMKalakar Wrote: Love this. Between all the tasks and predictions, milestones seem irrelevant since you're always overcapped at the end of a season

Maybe 100k for every tpe above cap

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

Eliminate the cap entirely. Fuck the PT Cap.

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

the PT Cap has been a thorn in the side of the users of this league for too long

Free my people, eliminate the cap

04-30-2020, 02:26 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: the PT Cap has been a thorn in the side of the users of this league for too long

Alternatively, the PT cap allows for users to not have to go 100% all the time, and probably prevents some amount of burnout.

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

i like this idea

To add a 3rd con to your list, there's certain complications in the tracking of it, which might have to look something like this:

Claimed TPE
+2 uncapped TPE activity check blah blah
+2 capped TPE PT#5

Unclaimed TPE
+1 capped TPE PT#5
+4 capped TPE Milestones

total TPE: blah
Season cap: blah
Season cap unclaimed: blah

essentially once you hit the cap you'd have to keep tracking unclaimed capped TPE, which definitely makes updates more complex. Not claiming this is any sort of fatal blow against your suggestion, which I like, but another thing to keep in mind

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

04-30-2020, 02:26 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: the PT Cap has been a thorn in the side of the users of this league for too long

:eyes:

thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

04-30-2020, 02:28 PMsve7en Wrote:

Alternatively, the PT cap allows for users to not have to go 100% all the time, and probably prevents some amount of burnout.
How much more capped TPE do you think is available than the 40 we are currently allowed to claim?

There’s like, maybe 50 total capped tpe available per season. Eliminate the cap, reduce the total available by converting WFT into small cash rewards or something.

Tracking capped TPE and the process of introducing first gens to the capped TPE concept is a fucking mess. It’s an unnecessary handicap that has actively caused more problems than it has solved.

04-30-2020, 02:22 PMスウェグキング Wrote: We used to just have a straight bonus for doing all PTs, would like that better tbh than converting.

Agreed, why make more steps, just make it that simple.

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

04-30-2020, 02:31 PMWannabeFinn Wrote:
04-30-2020, 02:28 PMsve7en Wrote: Alternatively, the PT cap allows for users to not have to go 100% all the time, and probably prevents some amount of burnout.
How much more capped TPE do you think is available than the 40 we are currently allowed to claim?

There’s like, maybe 50 total capped tpe available per season. Eliminate the cap, reduce the total available by converting WFT into small cash rewards or something.

Tracking capped TPE and the process of introducing first gens to the capped TPE concept is a fucking mess. It’s an unnecessary handicap that has actively caused more problems than it has solved.

yep it's 42 + milestones. 

I would not be opposed to eliminating the cap.

devil's advocate for a sec though: introducing the cap to first gens is a mess for about 1 week and then it makes sense and everyone moves on

Armada Inferno norway