Create Account

Allow conversion of over-capped TPE to uncapped

04-30-2020, 02:53 PMhotdog Wrote:
04-30-2020, 02:38 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: 1 week of a mess is 1 week too much when it’s entirely avoidable.

I don’t want to be that guy who pulls the “I’m older than you” card, but I’ve been in the league for nearly 6 years. I’ve been a GM for 25 consecutive seasons, and a rookie mentor for about as long. The PT cap, in all of the forms it has been presented to us, actively worsens the overall league experience. It inherently dissuades active users from contributing and fails to provide any real handicap for the casual user.

Fuck the PT Cap all my homies hate PT Cap

Have you been around long enough to remember when it was introduced and the reasons for doing so?
My interpretation of it is that without a cap you run into a "rich get richer" issue whereas with a cap it becomes a "rich can technically choose to be a little lazier" type of thing. That's what I've said when I've "defended" it but i have no idea if that was the real motivation behind its creation - any light on that would be appreciated.

and again before you think you have to pull any more cards remember i agree with you lol. I've kicked around the idea of no more cap + no more milestones, ez.
The cap was introduced as a way to throttle the earning ability of highly active users in order to give the casual user a chance to keep pace. Nice in theory, but not so great in practice. The cap does just enough to piss off the upper echelon of users by forcing them to leave anywhere from 1-10 TPE on the table per season, but doesn’t effectively manage the growth gap between them and the casual user.

Anyone active enough to leave 5 capped TPE on the table is active enough to claim a PbP and earn all of that TPE gain back in an uncapped avenue. An avenue that 99% of casual users would never bother with.

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Allow conversion of over-capped TPE to uncapped - by WannabeFinn - 04-30-2020, 03:02 PM