Create Account

Creller Responds to NOLA
(This post was last modified: 05-01-2020, 08:55 AM by Mook.)

After reading the NOLA Coaches laughable statement, here is my response to some things that jumped out at me.

Quote:I was truly ignorant of the rule that was broken today. Had I known the rules I wouldn’t have done it.

It's pretty black and white in the SHL Consolidated Rulebook(Just in case you can't find it) that is available to everyone to read, Rule 1-G, ignorance isn't an excuse. So you are either saying you didn't read the rules or did and ignored the biggest one that pertains to a coach.

[Image: image.png]

Quote:When we moved Zadina off of 3C and into 4C, the idea wasn’t to cheat or to break the rules.

So what about Game 1 where he was left off the lineup and your idea didn't work? This isn't a 1 game issue anymore. Your plan did not work as you had hoped so you had to make another tweak to your system.

Quote:We had rearranged our lines in such a way that our lines were more balanced, but this left one of our stars, Lil Manius, with less play time.

Taken from one of your last regular season games, with normal lines

Taken from LAP win vs 3C slot being empty(Zadina Missing)

Taken from NOLA win vs 4C filled with  Zadina

NOLA Lines in game 2

So, your thought process into giving Manius more ice time here, was to slot Zadina into 4C instead of upping ice time given to Line 1 and take some away from Line 2? I don't really see how this makes sense in your mind unless you know what you are doing in terms of trying to break the sim to give you an advantage.

Quote:As far as I was aware at the time, simply having Zadina dressed and on a line was sufficient to meet requirements. It’s my fault for not knowing the rules, and it’s my fault for not clarifying with my GMs who were unaware of the changes I was making.

So, you were aware some requirements had to be met? Was this because you read the SHL Consolidated Rulebook or not(I linked it again for you just in case you actually did not read it yet.). Ignorance is not an excuse so quit trying to fall back on it. You had a month to read it and with the amount of time you spend on the site, I'm sure 2 minutes is something you could have spared. This is also on Joe and TDZ for not telling you to read the rule book when it comes to lines, not just going to your GM's and asking if it was ok.

Wait.. what's this? That looks like JR was asked to run these lines for you. So you had time to verify with the simmer that the lines were ok and he should run them, but not your GM's? What's up with that?

Quote:Once our playoff spot was locked in, we started working. We looked at the Panthers’ lines information which is freely available in FHM and assembled a sim file where we played against LA 82 times. Once the sim file was assembled, Slash and I went to work. He and I worked together for several hours a night for a few nights straight working out tactics to play against LAP. We took turns acting as the ‘nemesis’ trying to dial in strats LAP were likely to use. Our results were pretty volatile. Running the same tactics, Slash would get a 4-0 sweep and I’d get a 4-3 game 7 blowout loss.

While I do believe you could have set up an 82 game file against LAP, I'd like to see these sims where you brought us to 7 games, and swept us in 4. Also how would one of you act as the 'nemesis' here, when running sims the AI team will adjust their lines/tactics on a game to game basis, leaving your results pretty skewed. You would need to go through on a game by game basis resetting the tactics, lines and any player pickups that were done by the AI coaching staff. FHM is not a 2 player game, simply not how it was designed.

Quote:At some point in the night we were trying something where we gave the 4th line a bit of playtime and staggered our players. Not sure what we were hoping to accomplish, but when you select “AI setup organization” (like we were sometimes doing for LAP in our sim), the AI would usually put a winger on the 4th line and give it a little bit of playtime. We toyed with that idea for a bit before coming to the realization that if we put a player on the 4th line and didn’t give it any ice time, they were still getting played.

The AI Setup would not put a player alone on the 4th line with only 9 forwards/6 defense, and if you can prove me wrong I would like to see a video of this if you made it happen. So you didn't get the idea from FHM messing the lines up, this was something you and Slash were testing out on purpose to try and find an exploit in the sim.

Video testing their claim - Made this using the current league file, there is no AI assistance that will let a 4th liner be used.

Quote:To my knowledge we were playing within the rules.

Did you, or did you not, read the SHL Consolidated Rulebook (I linked it again because apparently you have more of an issue reading than you do writing an English paper)

I've always been one for trying to find an advantage over opponents, but finding exploits to do so is just bullshit. I'm sure Frith and Slash worked with the lines trying to find something, but own up to your shit. It's pretty obvious that an exploit  was found and then they claimed ignorance to the rules. Whether it was on purpose or not doesn't matter, it was used to gain an unfair advantage and they hoped no one would notice. The punishment NOLA received is laughable at best and should be re-looked at by HO. Slash and Frith should be held accountable for their actions instead of pinning this on Joe and TDZ who trusted Frith with their organization.

[Image: creller_dragons.png]

+1

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

Going to have to side with Mooky here. The severity of the issue doesn't really match the punishment.

Maybe resim? I know it messes up scores, but it'd be the fairest thing.

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

Fucking lmao

Get em Mook

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

(This post was last modified: 05-01-2020, 09:48 AM by Grapehead.)

I have absolute sympathy for someone who made a mistake, and I'm NOT saying this act was done maliciously.... BUT this is a joke right? NOLA... JOE, who made such a fucking stink about Hamilton (for two straight seasons he wouldn't shut the fuck up about it), and now his team just HAPPENS to "oopsy" violate a major fucking rule we just instituted. So violate rule, win game, give up your GM pay? That seems like a really good trade off, and completely unfair to LAP.

Edit: it's NOT a new rule, my bad, was confusing other lineup changes made around the time of the FHM switch with the temp line rules we had for S52

[Image: Grapehead.gif]
TY NOKA AND VALOR FOR THESE WORKS OF ART
Player Page | Update Page

Stars Battleborn Czechia

05-01-2020, 09:25 AM.bojo Wrote: Going to have to side with Mooky here. The severity of the issue doesn't really match the punishment.

Maybe resim? I know it messes up scores, but it'd be the fairest thing.

I would have put the re-sim as part 1 of the punishment, before even thinking about the fines. Was shocked it wasn't included as well.

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

05-01-2020, 09:35 AMGrapehead Wrote: I have absolute sympathy for someone who made a mistake, and I'm NOT saying this act was done maliciously.... BUT this is a joke right? NOLA... JOE, who made such a fucking stink about Hamilton (for two straight seasons he wouldn't shut the fuck up about it), and now his team just HAPPENS to "oopsy" violate a major fucking rule we just instituted. So violate rule, win game, give up your GM pay? That seems like a really good trade off, and completely unfair to LAP.
TBF we didn't just institute the 9 unique forwards it was done after WPG won S37 with double shifting

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

LAP have been totally screwed over and the punishment does not fit the severity of what NOLA did

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

05-01-2020, 09:42 AMTomen Wrote:
05-01-2020, 09:35 AMGrapehead Wrote: I have absolute sympathy for someone who made a mistake, and I'm NOT saying this act was done maliciously.... BUT this is a joke right? NOLA... JOE, who made such a fucking stink about Hamilton (for two straight seasons he wouldn't shut the fuck up about it), and now his team just HAPPENS to "oopsy" violate a major fucking rule we just instituted. So violate rule, win game, give up your GM pay? That seems like a really good trade off, and completely unfair to LAP.
TBF we didn't just institute the 9 unique forwards it was done after WPG won S37 with double shifting

So it's a really old rule that they didn't know about? Even fuckin worse tbh. Everyone needs to read the rulebook, and at the very least everyone in charge of running a team ffs

Stars Battleborn Czechia
(This post was last modified: 05-01-2020, 09:49 AM by WannabeFinn.)

Could take a 2-1 lead at the cost of a late, non-reddit 2nd lol

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

I think the most worrisome thing about this whole thing for me is that this is the precedent set for this offense moving forward.

I don't know how exactly FHM works, but is there really no option to re-sim one game instead of of the whole day's worth of games?

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

Re-sim! Re-sim! Re-sim

Fire NOLA management, bench their players and bench the coaches and their players.
(This post was last modified: 05-01-2020, 09:51 AM by Grapehead.)

05-01-2020, 09:46 AMWannabeFinn Wrote:
Could take a 2-1 lead at the cost of a late, non-reddit 2nd lol

Ya, but only as long as you don't read the rulebook first.

Stars Battleborn Czechia

Is nola the new hamilton?

[Image: Kalakar1.gif]

05-01-2020, 10:02 AMKalakar Wrote: Is nola the new hamilton?

new hamilton specterhawks

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs