Create Account

New Job - FHM Box Scores

05-08-2020, 05:21 PMGwdjohnson Wrote: I'd like it if anything to stop the people who talk like the current index is destroying the very foundation this league is built on from complaining any more.

Readily available box scores would be awesome. Next season for Hammy I wanna stop being lazy and upload box scores for our games to our Discord after sims, but making it a paid job would be sweet too. More jobs in the league the better!

Well i mean, theyre not wrong.

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

05-08-2020, 05:21 PMGwdjohnson Wrote: I'd like it if anything to stop the people who talk like the current index is destroying the very foundation this league is built on from complaining any more.

The index is the foundation upon which the league built. Right now, the new foundation is pretty substandard. As someone that’s been here over five years, my interest is waning daily. Can’t speak for anyone else, but the current index or lack thereof is killing this league for me personally.

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

05-08-2020, 06:37 PMSlappydoodle Wrote:

The index is the foundation upon which the league built. Right now, the new foundation is pretty substandard. As someone that’s been here over five years, my interest is waning daily. Can’t speak for anyone else, but the current index or lack thereof is killing this league for me personally.

Idk I just don't see it as THAT important, and considering it displays all the stats that FHM's CSV exports, it can't really get more informative than it is now. I also like the ability to search for players by name or team because it makes it more easy to quickly track how my player's doing sim to sim.

The lack of boxscores sucks and I mean I can't stop that from being a massive drain on your site enjoyment but aside from the boxscores and wonky game output links (which don't matter that much because all they are are giant walls of text) I haven't had any major issues with the index, speaking as someone who had to slave away using it for several hours over a few days to make the SMJHL milestones.

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

05-08-2020, 07:07 PMGwdjohnson Wrote:
05-08-2020, 06:37 PMSlappydoodle Wrote: The index is the foundation upon which the league built. Right now, the new foundation is pretty substandard. As someone that’s been here over five years, my interest is waning daily. Can’t speak for anyone else, but the current index or lack thereof is killing this league for me personally.

Idk I just don't see it as THAT important, and considering it displays all the stats that FHM's CSV exports, it can't really get more informative than it is now. I also like the ability to search for players by name or team because it makes it more easy to quickly track how my player's doing sim to sim.

The lack of boxscores sucks and I mean I can't stop that from being a massive drain on your site enjoyment but aside from the boxscores and wonky game output links (which don't matter that much because all they are are giant walls of text) I haven't had any major issues with the index, speaking as someone who had to slave away using it for several hours over a few days to make the SMJHL milestones.

for the milestones ask Blast what he does, I bet he can help you on that.

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

05-08-2020, 07:12 PMluketd Wrote: for the milestones ask Blast what he does, I bet he can help you on that.

I would've done that but it was really short notice when I realized it had to be done and he was already working on the SHL one so I didn't wanna throw it at him with it needing to be done ASAP.

In the future though yeah fuck doing it the way I did it this season lol that shit sucked

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

(This post was last modified: 05-08-2020, 07:27 PM by honkerrs.)

bojo or actual programmers can do something better but for $25M i'll make this for SHL.

https://public.tableau.com/profile/honkh...x/TeamData

my guide on it: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=105590

still as Gabe as said the FHM output isn't very pretty. And doesn't include things like FO%. We would need people to gather that sort of data manually in the game and then provide to the coders since it isn't from the .csv files.

[Image: honkerrs.gif]
[Image: OPTIMIZED.png]