Create Account

Serpe Punishment
(This post was last modified: 05-02-2020, 02:05 PM by SDCore.)

Hello SHL world,

It was brought to our attention that in an audit of @Serpe x 13 player, he was caught buying additional weekly training's outside of the current week. As you can see posted here - https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid2822949 this happened over several weeks. All weekly training's must be bought within the week period that they are claimed per this - “Individual Training Camp” may be purchased once a week from the Site Member’s personal SHL Bank Account Page.
a. A week is defined as starting at 12:00AM EST Monday and lasting through 12:00AM EST the following Sunday.

It was found that Serpe was buying weekly training within minutes of each other and using it to claim for weeks outside of that time frame. This is clear and blatant abuse of the system. Per the rulebook as seen here - [Image: serpe.JPG].

This is construed as cheating.

With that in mind, the Head Office has decided to levy this punishment towards Serpe and his player Charlie Serpe.

- $5,000,000 Bank Fine - Money spent for illegal training's will also not be refunded.
- Removal of TPE earned illegally (30)
- Suspension for 10 games
- TPE penalty of 15 TPE in addition to the removal of illegal TPE

Taking into account that Serpe is a veteran user, who knows how the weekly training system works, how these are to be applied, and is clearly violating the system, we decided to go above the minimum punishment.

- Another note, this was not caught by multiple updaters. They are not innocent in this and a post/penalty will be issued against them, but due to the nature of this and it affecting playoff games in the immediate we felt best to rule on this first. Following the season, we will be looking into the updater team, as there have been MULTIPLE mistakes and missteps recently, that are starting to compound and pile on. We need our updating team to catch these mistakes, not let them go for as long as they have.

-Another note, due to losing a player to suspension in the playoffs, NOLA will be allowed to sign an IFA after the trade deadline in order to have a legal roster.

As always, Serpe has the right to appeal to the owners.

Thank you.

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

Guy has been playing with an illegal build for 3 1/2 seasons and gets 10 games... make sense

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

NA NA NA NA
NA NA NA NA
HEY HEY HEY

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]

can new orleans not be dumb for one day

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

Eliminate tpe, it's the only solution

[Image: FJPVyys.png]

Damn these playoffs are exciting

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

05-01-2020, 07:36 PM.bojo Wrote: Damn these playoffs are exciting

Just wait for the off season!

I expect every audit that catches a mistake to carry a punishment for the updaters?

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

[Image: scarn.png]

[Image: m59RPb7.png] [Image: czechup.png]
[Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif]

05-01-2020, 07:35 PMbluesfan55 Wrote: can new orleans not be dumb for one day

Technically it's only been one day. One... very... very... very long day.

[Image: Screen_Shot_2020-07-07_at_12.29.58_PM.png]

05-01-2020, 07:35 PM39alaska39 Wrote: Guy has been playing with an illegal build for 3 1/2 seasons and gets 10 games... make sense

At the same time, how did the updaters not notice for 3 1/2 seasons

[Image: zcOwSzN.png] [Image: b1AwZLU.png]
First ever Yukon Malamute draft pick (1st overall S65)

[Image: ezgif-3-597e9990a5.png]

05-01-2020, 07:37 PMTrautner Wrote: I expect every audit that catches a mistake to carry a punishment for the updaters?

In this case, 6 separate updates didn't catch this issue. The entire point of an updater's job is to catch problems like this, which is why, when the first one was discovered, the updater simply said it wasn't valid and seemed to move on. The fact that 6 updaters failed to notice that a training week had been claimed outside of the correct week suggests gross negligence on the part of them, that they weren't even checking the dates of the training purchases.

[Image: 58170_v.gif]
[Image: 58170_s.gif]
Thanks to @Carpy48 , @sköldpaddor, @Weretarantula, @Bruins10  and @Wasty  for sigs
Extra special thanks to @Julio Tokolosh for the sick gif one

05-01-2020, 07:37 PMThe__Y-man__100 Wrote:
05-01-2020, 07:35 PM39alaska39 Wrote: Guy has been playing with an illegal build for 3 1/2 seasons and gets 10 games... make sense

to bring up a similar situation, in s37 i was suspended for playing 50 tpe over the 350 cap, because I kept updating (my dumb ass decided do to that as "a template for when i get called up". my updater at the time updated me and didn't say anything, and i only found out when evok told me that i was going to be audited. the updater ended up getting a fine, i expect the updaters who missed out on serpe to get the same.

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

05-01-2020, 07:40 PMFordyford Wrote:
05-01-2020, 07:37 PMTrautner Wrote: I expect every audit that catches a mistake to carry a punishment for the updaters?

In this case, 6 separate updates didn't catch this issue. The entire point of an updater's job is to catch problems like this, which is why, when the first one was discovered, the updater simply said it wasn't valid and seemed to move on. The fact that 6 updaters failed to notice that a training week had been claimed outside of the correct week suggests gross negligence on the part of them, that they weren't even checking the dates of the training purchases.
so, yes.

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

[Image: scarn.png]

[Image: m59RPb7.png] [Image: czechup.png]
[Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif]

05-01-2020, 07:40 PMbluesfan55 Wrote:
05-01-2020, 07:37 PMThe__Y-man__100 Wrote: At the same time, how did the updaters not notice for 3 1/2 seasons

to bring up a similar situation, in s37 i was suspended for playing 50 tpe over the 350 cap, because I kept updating (my dumb ass decided do to that as "a template for when i get called up". my updater at the time updated me and didn't say anything, and i only found out when evok told me that i was going to be audited. the updater ended up getting a fine, i expect the updaters who missed out on serpe to get the same.

Your player was suspended for some games. The updater was removed from updating in the SMJHL and fined. (They were only able to update SHL teams).

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

05-01-2020, 07:37 PMThe__Y-man__100 Wrote:

I rarely reply with actual replies to stuff here, but I'll take a shot at it.

Usually, when an update is processed it's assumed the updater did their job properly. So if Mike Jones (who?) messes up an update, and the next updater doesn't catch it, odds are unlikely the next updater after that catches it. It compounds after that. If, somehow, an updater notices if weeks/months/seasons later, they can trigger an audit. Audits are a bitch and a half. I ran an audit on one player multiple times and came up with different results. Even when sharing my audit with a former auditor, we came up with different results.

I am in no way giving the updates a pass on this, it's their job to check all links. That being said, I don't place the same level of blame on an updater 2 seasons later than I do the week the update was processed.