Create Account

Lottery Balls

Code:
WC: 1510 + 2x Media Week 1

Disclaimer: The information provided below may not be completely factual.  

So Ace is our guy, our top dog, right? And we trust him to make the right decisions, to do the right things for us and for our team. Pretty sure he hasn't won a single cup as a GM but we won't hold that against him. He is slightly controversial but he wants the best for us and he won't keep up in the dark like hotdog will. 

So maybe it was one season ago, maybe it was two, I'm not sure. If I had to guess it would have been two seasons because who expected Texas to be this bad this season. Well he traded our previous captain for someone else, a roster player, can't exactly remember who as well as their S53 first. The roster player, albeit nice, is not the focus of what we are discussing here today, however. What we are talking about, what I am writing about and what you are reading about is that first that they traded us. So that first they must have traded expecting to be competitive, competing for a spot in the playoffs, maybe making a deep run. This is not what happened. They finished the season second worst in the league. Which itself is pretty impressive because it's super hard to be worse than Toronto. So they finish second, which normally isn't bad because you have a high pick and you can more often than not pick a strong player to help you be that much more competitive a few seasons down the road. But they don't have their first, we have it and with it we can pick a strong player to draft. 

Im not sure what the exact probabilities are for drafting but it's something like we have 50% to draft first, 50% to draft second and 50% to draft third. I don't think we can actually pick lower than 3rd which is amazing. But New England is good now, how long will it take for a top earner to reach decent levels in FHM. Right now, assuming you're sucking up all of those TPE's it'll take 5, maybe 6 seasons to be noticeable. I'm sure you'd join the team earlier, but to start making a name for yourself, I think 5 seasons is a reasonable estimate. A question, our GM team need to ask themselves is, is it more important to have a good future, or is it worth it to go all in and add to the team we have now, while all of these strong pieces are in play. Our starting goalie is about to start regressing for the second time, which is stressful itself because he's only currently at about 1000 TPE. This off-season, league leader Wagstrom is going to start regressing, which isn't too bad because he'll still be at the top for many seasons after that, only he's not currently re-signed with us so no idea how long we have with him.

More than likely we will draft second and if you've been following the team you already know that we won't be drafting a goalie. Although Leitner is regressing and won't be with us much longer, we have Mike Hroch steadily gaining, just waiting to become the number one in a few seasons. And if that wasn't proof enough. New England GM, Ace, currently is a star goalie in Carolina, poised to become the future wins leader in New England, barring any sort of drama that stops his player from joining the team. 

It's possible that we draft a forward, but I'm not convinced we will. We have a strong forward core, and a good group of strong prospects, either taken with high picks and are known to be strong players, or late round picks who have had a resurgence in their earning potential. We'll have one, potentially two prospects making the leap into the SHL next season, and although they may struggle initially, we have a very insulated group up here and will continue to grow and succeed together. We have three forwards that are continuing to regress this offseason, most notably Ola Wagstrom. Although Wagstrom will be regressing, as this is only their first regression, they will still be a force to be reckoned with. The other two regressing forwards, Christiansen and Ulrich, are no strangers to regression. Despite this however, Christiansen more so than Ulrich, will still easily remain in the lineup, continuing to be clear difference makers for our team. 

There's a reason I'm not allowed in the "War Room" channel for New England and that reason is that I don't know what I'm talking about. I don't know the strats, I don't know what's good in this league, I can't accurately describe value. Despite all of these reasons, however, I can totally see New England picking up a d-man. As it stands, we only have one defensive prospect, but it does appear like it will be a few seasons before he sees a call up anyway. Half of our defensive core is in regression, but Rex Kirby is one of those three and as he is currently sitting at just under 2000 TPE, he still has a long time left in this league. Assuming Yxskaft stays with the team, also major props to him for being the one to request the audit on the NOLA player, assuming he stays with us, and assuming Kalju continues to earn while he is going through regression, it will be another 2 or 3 seasons before he even joins the team. 

So if you've been following along, assuming everyone currently signed with the team stays, New England is bound to continue to have a strong core even 3 seasons down the line. So if we're good in 3 seasons, will we still be good in 6, once whoever gets drafted is called up to the team? Or is it worth it to sell this pick, or package it with a prospect for a good roster player now, who will help us next season, and potentially push us over the top.

Also won't it be funny if New England wins the cup and the lottery.

This article has taken a real turn from when I wrote it and now.

First, I need to shoehorn some stuff in here about past events and celebrate the individual in order for this post to qualify for 2x media. Second, not only did New England not win the lottery, (we're drafting 3rd), but Gone Wild Gabriel Johnson is going to beat us in the semi-finals. Real debbie-downer moment, cause I was vibing real hard when I was first writing this.

In regards to previous drafts, S46 was a major one for many teams in the league, but very much so New England. We drafted 4 players that draft (including me) and three of them are still active, and still playing for us. Unfortunately, our very own gordieboom went inactive around 1000 TPE because of a difference in opinion with the awards committee but nonetheless he is still playing minutes for us. And then also slap mcshotty killed him and turned his remains into gordiebot, the new and improved version that loves to say bout it! (if you know, you know. most of you wont know).

So we had three players in the first round, I believe in order it was Gordie, Flareon, and the goldenglutes, but it is possible I have the order mixed up. Glutes was 100% last tho. NEW did not have any second round picks, but they did have 2 third round picks. Prior to the draft, I had publicly announced that I would only sign for the team that glutes played on and I was going to stay true to my promise. Mike Izzy messaged me and asked if I would play for Calgary because they were going to take me and I said yes and instantly went against my promise. But then I messaged Ace and told him and he traded both of his thirds for one higher third, just to be able to draft me at 37th overall and I know he doesn't regret it because in a redraft I would go top 10. 

I was drafted 37th overall, and I have more points than everyone else drafted 37th overall, combined. Trust me, I even wrote a media piece on it.

Hopefully this is enough to qualify my media for 2x.

Once again, just to close, I want to reiterate that I hope Ace trades either this pick, or whoever he ends up drafting so that next season we can beat Gabe. Thanks for reading. One more sentence and I am now at 1500 words.

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

Eller sucks

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

05-05-2020, 01:40 AMSlashACM Wrote: Eller sucks
No u

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

05-05-2020, 07:58 AMAce Wrote:
05-05-2020, 01:40 AMSlashACM Wrote: Eller sucks
No u

Eller scks

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

Balls

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

05-05-2020, 03:00 PMSlashACM Wrote:
05-05-2020, 07:58 AMAce Wrote: No u

Eller scks
well played

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

05-05-2020, 03:23 PMAce Wrote:
05-05-2020, 03:00 PMSlashACM Wrote: Eller scks
well played

Retire and recreate as Pavel batsoup

i need people to stop responding so this gets graded faster, pls & thanks

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

05-05-2020, 04:15 PM5ympathies Wrote: i need people to stop responding so this gets graded faster, pls & thanks

No

[Image: lebbish.gif]