Create Account

New Orleans Specters Punishment Update
(This post was last modified: 05-03-2020, 11:18 AM by SpartanGibbles.)

I was sleeping/playing animal crossing while this thread has been raging on, but now that I'm back I'll get a new recipe. Thanks to @BarnabasCollins for that fantastic chili recipe. Since they tagged me, I'll tag @GeckoeyGecko and @Gwdjohnson so they can get an alert for the new recipe as well.

Today we'll go with something breakfast aligned since I teased Tig with it a while back. This time we are going to make my Heart Attack Breakfast. This one is not for anyone who wants to eat healthy and I personally only make it about once a year because while it's tasty, it is going to shave a few hours off the lifespan. This makes more than you should eat in one sitting, so I usually save it for later in the fridge

Ingredients:

4 Large Eggs
1 14 oz can of Hormel Corned Beef Hash
1 15 oz can of Libby's Sausage Gravy(This brand has sausage pieces in it which is why I use it here)
1 Large Vidalia Onion(You could use a white onion but sweet onions work better for this)
8 oz of Thick Cut Bacon
5 Slices of Kraft American Singles
4 Slices of Bread/4 Large Biscuits
1 Tablespoons of butter
Salt and Pepper to taste

What You Need:

Large Bowl (I'm talking big)
Large Skillet (Having a cover can help reduce splatter with this)
Medium Skillet (You can do it all in just the large skillet but this helps things all be warm at the same time)
Can Opener
Wooden Spoon or other stirring implement
Turner/Spatula
Chef's Knife
Stove
Microwave
Toaster
Large Spoon/Fork for mixing
Plate with Paper towels
Cling Wrap to store
Plate for serving

Directions:

1. First things first we want to get some prep out of the way so you don't have to do it when you are cooking other stuff. Peel and finely chop your onion into small pieces. Use the can opener to open the cans of Sausage Gravy and Corned Beef Hash. Set this stuff asside

2. Use your large skillet to cook the bacon on high to medium-high heat. I prefer my bacon a little chewier than most but here we want it more on the crispy side. As it finished cooking transfer it to the plate with paper towels so some of the fat can drain off and it can cool slightly. Keep any remaining fat in the pan as we will use it in the next step. (You can also cook bacon in the oven but we want to keep this simple.)

3. Add your chopped onion to the bacon fat and begin to saute on medium heat. These should cook for roughly the next 15-20 minutes. Remember to stir them occasionally so they don't burn. They should start to turn a nice golden brown as they begin to caramalize.

4. As your onions are nearing completion, add you Sausage Gravy to the large bowl and warm it for 1 minute in the microwave. Remove and add your onions to the gravy. Cut up the bacon from earlier and add it to the bowl. Mix well with the large spoon/fork and return the skillet to the stove.

5. Empty your can of Corned Beef Hash into the large skillet and cook on medium-high heat. The hash is already cooked, we are just looking to warm it up, crisp it up, and add some flavor. You want the red color of the beef to darken to a more deeper red.

6. While the hash is cooking add your table spoon of butter to the medium skillet and begin heating on medium-high heat. Be sure to use the butter to coat the pan.

7. Crack your 4 eggs into the pan and begin frying them. I prefer to do this with fried eggs but scrambled works as well if that's more your jam. For frying the eggs once the bottom of the egg is solid and slightly browned at the edges, flip over to cook the other side. You are aiming to have the eggs finish cooking at around the same time as the hash.

8. Add your 5 slices of Kraft Singles to the bowl of Gravy and Onions. Follow this by adding your Corned Beef Hash and cooked Eggs on top of that. Use your large fork/spoon to mix the whole bowl together well. For this you really want an even distribution of ingredients. The resulting mixture should be almost the consistency of oatmeal.

9. Use the toaster to toast your bread now. No need to butter it unless you want to have even more heart issues. If you are using biscuits, warm em up in the microwave for like 20 seconds to get them nice and warm.

10. On your plate for serving put down your toast/biscuits and cover with the mixture. The reason I prefer toast is you can almost eat it like an open faced sandwich. If you prefer to be a little less messy when eating this monstrous concoction, you can always eat it with a fork/spoon on the plate. If Quarantine has truly turned you into a more rat-like being, you can also just eat it straight from the bowl with a spoon and shove toast into your mouth after.

Again I already know how unhealthy this is, but man does it taste good. If you decide to try it out, let me know how it goes. I made this recipe in college and it was a big hit with all of my roommates, especially the ones with hangovers.

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-03-2020, 11:46 AM by Mutedfaith.)

[Image: e53ce3e7-6704-46d7-8700-25b43c4bb098.jpeg]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

05-03-2020, 11:45 AMMutedfaith Wrote: [Image: e53ce3e7-6704-46d7-8700-25b43c4bb098.jpeg]

that's my meme wts

[Image: 3.png]

05-03-2020, 11:45 AMMutedfaith Wrote: [Image: e53ce3e7-6704-46d7-8700-25b43c4bb098.jpeg]
Even if they don't it does get me to finally write them down in some form. Since I've been putting that off for a long time, that's a win in my book.

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

i'm going to make the recipes just out of spite now

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

Mmmmmmmmmm

[Image: ImShiny.gif]

there is nothing more offensive or obnoxious to me than interrupting a perfectly good thread with food recipes in the interest of "spreading holiday cheer" or whatever it is you think you're doing. I hate it so much.

but i know that will just make it happen more often. I just need to say it. Its the worst.

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-03-2020, 07:44 PM by ByrdeMan.)

I've actually cooked @BarnabasCollins chili, and it's prob one of the best chilis I have ever had.

[Image: 336.jpg]

05-03-2020, 07:43 PMByrdeMan Wrote: I've actually cooked @BarnabasCollins chili, and it's prob one of the best chilis I have ever had.

One of the top 5 meals I’ve ever had was with Barnabas over a couples brews. The man is a legend of amazing eats.

[Image: Wally.png]

05-03-2020, 07:52 AMWally Wrote:
05-03-2020, 01:51 AMAvakael Wrote: The hell is that?

This hangover is not cool. Anyways I think I meant ‘Do you know how to remove Buffalo Hunter’ from under my name thing?
Oh. Bottom of this page.

[Image: avakaelsig.gif]

05-04-2020, 04:15 AMAvakael Wrote: Oh. Bottom of this page.

For some reason that doesn’t allow me to change that one line. I’d have to find the screenshot I posted a couple weeks ago.

(This post was last modified: 05-04-2020, 09:24 AM by Grapehead.)

05-04-2020, 08:26 AMWally Wrote:
05-04-2020, 04:15 AMAvakael Wrote: Oh. Bottom of this page.

For some reason that doesn’t allow me to change that one line. I’d have to find the screenshot I posted a couple weeks ago.

I can see it. The only explanation I can think of is because of mod permissions? If I'm remembering correctly the person who suggested this to you originally also was a mod.

edit: ya it let me edit my title too

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

05-04-2020, 09:23 AMGrapehead Wrote: I can see it. The only explanation I can think of is because of mod permissions? If I'm remembering correctly the person who suggested this to you originally also was a mod.

edit: ya it let me edit my title too

Ahhh... That has to be it. Not to mention, I remember I had mod perms when I did change that. Thanks man!