Create Account

SHL 10 Year Anniversary - Bonus PT

I have a couple favorite memories.

First, I enjoyed my time with the Anaheim Outlaws and our cup run (and finish) in my last season of juniors. I was interning for the SMJHL HO so I had full access to the finals before the PBPs came out (back in the Simon T Heathen Sacrificer era). It was enjoyable firstly to celebrate the team's win as much as it was to torture the others who had to wait for their results. One of the play by plays was late and our locker room collectively memed the shit out of the forum and ourselves. It was made even sweeter when the unknowers thought we were enthusiastically meming because they thought we won game 6, which we actually lost. Overall I was glad to give them the news that we had won game 7 by overcoming a scoring deficit in the 3rd period. Made for a suspenseful show.

Next, I enjoyed (and continue to enjoy) my time in the New England Wolfpack locker room. Between all the memes, quarantalks, and working on gordiebot, it has continued to be a major reason I like sticking around. The great awakening of '19 will never quite leave us, it's only a shame that the messages were deleted with the channel.

All in all, this league is wank.

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

PS: I guess there are two memories in the SHL that I cherish in my solitary irl year (and a bit) in the SHL, both with great fondness.

First off, Colorado's S50 SMJHL Four Star Cup Finals run.

EVO's final year in the J, and what a way to end it with the best guys he had. I still remember the starting lineup. Crudelli on the Left Wing, Kane on the Center, Valentine-Okoli on the Right Wing, the tandem of Finn-Rhys and Wolfe and Spector in net. I guess for me who never gotten past our first opponent in the playoff (or the whole org since it has been such a wait since our last run), this was special and something for us to just enjoy. Hell, one of my best moments was when I finally got used on the PP and scored our winners against St. Louis, helping us make it through to the 2nd round. Damn you Carolina for stopping us in the finals.

The Second one would be the one I GM'ed: Team GB's S52 IIHF Gold Medal.

Simon T is a dick, but honestly was my saviour and left me and my boys with one hell of a sendoff gift. Valentine-Okoli didn't really do anything that run, I will admit. However, I will say that as a GM, that was just a meme run that came out of nowhere. I can sum this up in 3 scenes. Kirkby getting us the game tying goal against Canada. St. Cedric Day against Ireland. The golden coronation against Sweeden. I'm hoping to get more with FHM, but who knows if we'll survive without the STHS cheese. Somehow, I believe we can.

Now here I am in Texas, and I'm just enjoying the days EVO has left. He's not sure if he'll win a cup, nor does he know if he'll ever become a productive guy, but he will damn well try. And he still has years. Ain't that something to count on.

[Image: ProjectSaint.gif]
Sig Credit: Flappy (EVO) and Skolpaddor (RESO)

EMEKA VALENTINE-OKOLI/PLAYER

First SMJHL Goal: Colorado Raptors, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Mikelis Ozoliņš 4, Loki Odinsson 3) at 3:12, 2nd Period (GWG) / SMJHL S47 Game 47 Day 12: Colorado Raptors vs Detroit Falcons
First SHL Goal: Texas Renegades, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Josef Kubinec 5, Ricky Spanish 4) at 16:23, 2nd Period / SHL S51 Game 71 Day 16: Edmonton Blizzard vs Texas Renegades

Eternal RaptorsRaptors Old, onwards we roll Rage

And Let's Retire at the Pinnacle
(This post was last modified: 05-17-2020, 10:45 PM by JMacNCheese.)

Like many have said my time here has not been that long, although I have read some of the posts that state how long they been here and daaaaaamn I want to be here close to that long too! I joined this league after browsing in the r/hockey subreddit, when someone posted from the r/stlouisblues (I think it was theirs) about the SHL Simulation League. I thought to myself, what the heck is that lol, and even asked some of my buddies if they know of/what a sim league is. Some said yeah but never really looked into it, which in turn may be the reason I thought to myself to check it out. I joined and then started to browse the site and realized I have no idea what this is or where to really start lol. I know I watched the noobie, beginner video but didn't really comprehend it I guess. I was then told there is a draft and it will be live streamed, which I got excited for because it made me think of the real draft and how excited the players get being there and getting picked. Thank you @Inf1d3l for doing the streams, I know you have fun, but it gets the new people extra excited that it is streamed, keep up the good work! So, because of the streamed draft I started filling out the questionnaires for each team and heard from a few, got a few welcomes, and I was hoping that the ones that scouted me would get me, since we talked.

So fast forward to the night of the draft and I was pumped! Looked at the list on stream and noticed that the teams that contacted me for scouting were at the bottom of the league, but saw a number of people talk about them and thought well they can't be too bad and I am here to help! Watching the draft, not going to lie I made popcorn, and they started the first round. Read somewhere that it's mostly re-creates that get picked there and I was like I understand what that means but I don't so oh well. Second round rolls around and still watching and BOOM! Detroit Falcons select Jmac NCheese 18OA, and I was like that's me!!! That's me!! LET'S GO! Was so excited and was think that they never contacted me, but I got picked 2nd round baby, so who cares lol! I would say that, that was my greatest memory to start and little did I know that it would not be the last for sure. @notorioustig contacted me after the draft to welcome me to the team and get me in the Locker Room (Discord), which I was greeted with my fellow draftees but some of the current members. Had a rough first season not going to lie, finished 10th out of 10 and got swept in the first round of the playoffs. Then Tigglesworth did some kind of magic and drafted 2 handful of new Detroit Falcons, and whatever magic he used it turned into something more magical than I imagined. The LR was booming and crazy, which it was nowhere near this prior and it made me so happy talking to these new people and forming friendships with them! I would say that this is my best memory to date, and it may always be that way! Closely to it would be drafted in the first round of the S52 Entry Draft for the SHL 13OA to the Minnesota Chiefs, and don't get me wrong that was a great moment for sure but I think that I was kind of shocked I went that high (some also thought that but I am not going to say names or point fingers, so shhhh) still very excited, thank you @SpartanGibbles for making my week on that night! Lastly I will have to say winning my first 4-Star Cup trophy is very close to being the top memory and it was amazing and still is amazing but it is because I got to do it with that amazing Detroit LR, so thank you @Aephino, @"Awesomecakes", @Rangerjase, @dankoa, @jeffie43, @Mutedfaith, @Murtsi, @feeler, @leviadan, @Mediocre_Fred, @roastpuff, @"reid_sutherland", @lukejm37, @JSS331, and @Fantobens for making the LR what it is and my favorite part of the SHL and I look forward to talking with you guys every day!

As for @notorioustig and @nour, you guys have been amazing mentors and GMs for Detroit and deserve so much respect, congratz on putting this awesome team together and winning it all with us! Without you guys I would of not been able to experience this great moments and moments yet to come. I am not going to lie when I say that after my rookie season I wasn't sure if I wanted to continue, I still knew like nothing, which has some part to me not wanting to reach out because I wasn't sure what I needed to ask lol, and unfortunately hurt me in TPE because I didn't do a number of PTs, mainly because I didn't want to write...

@Mutedfaith we got some business to finish here in Detroit this upcoming season, and then we got a lot to look forward to in Minny but definitely a lot on our plate there lol, so let's get it! Be ready for us @SpartanGibbles!
@dankoa I know I give you shit for not scouting and drafting me, but you are awesome, and I glad you are scooping up the Skrees for Texas!
@JSS I know I give you a lot of shit to brother, but it's all out of love! Keep on keeping on you scrub!
@"Awesomecakes" and @Rangerjase you guys are awesome people and I talking to you guys!
@jeffie43 You are awesome! Thanks for getting me into NSFL, making new friends there, and always glad to talk with you!
@Mediocre_Fred Bread! Bread! Bread! Bread!
@Aephino, @leviadan, @roastpuff, @"reid_sutherland", @lukejm37, and @JSS331 You guys have been great teammates and people to talk too! Even you Luke and JSS when you guys do grace us with your presence!
@feeler, @Fantobens, @Murtsi the future in Detroit in bright with you guys and enjoying talking to all of you every day!

[Image: BnanaNWaffles.gif]
Sig by @Ragnar / Avatar by @leviadan
[Image: lIYTYDN.png]  [Image: qtbn8zh.png]  [Image: wu5MVvy.png]

The SHL is brand new to me as I’ve only been a member for a couple days but I think that it’s pretty remarkable that something like this has gone on for the past ten years and I am excited to be a part of it. Being perfectly honest without a pandemic I’m not sure if I would have found this group but I’m sure I’m not the only one. It is encouraging reading all of the previous posts about the positive experiences you all have had in this league, and I hope that I’ll be able to share some of my own before too long. I was lucky enough to have been drafted by Anaheim and look forward to contributing on the score sheet as much as possible. I’m also just thankful to be talking about hockey again with other people, most of which likely know a lot more about it than me. I’m looking forward to talking with all y’all this season, as all of my conversations with members have been super positive. And hell maybe I’ll get better at writing because I’m damn near illiterate at this point.

Also shout out to @Trashae who let me know about this group

First of all big thanks to @NJBadApple for drafting me, he probably won't read this but best of luck with real life. And of course @Zoone16 for helping me develop both as a player and into a management role. Thanks a ton to @Katth for choosing me as your Co and giving me the chance to help grow the first team to take me in. Also to our other front office members @RedCapeDiver @Briedaqueduc @CFJ @Snoopdogg @takethehorizon thank you guys for helping out as needed. Being 0-3 in Four Star finals in my young career sucks, but hopefully we can close one out soon.

To my teammates in Chicago, even though we haven't been able to win a series yet I've enjoyed my time here. It's been a pretty small group since I got here, over the past week it's been crazy to see out LR increase by about 50%. I've been waiting for the mid S50s since being drafted, our window is about to open and I'm very excited to see what we can do. You guys are all awesome, it's been nice to find some more people to game with, and even consult for real life issues. Love you guys (yes, even Nyko) @Velevra @Kylrad @BDonini @nykonax @SDCore @JNH @shutdown @chetib @Nhamlet

Obligatory Team Canada shout out. It's been a blast since the LR took off, I didn't really care if I actually played in IIHF for several more seasons, I would have stayed no matter what. You guys are now the guys I game with the most and it's very enjoyable when we can actually agree on a game to play. This LR has probably saved me from loneliness many times and I'm grateful for it. @Gwdjohnson @Kalakar @Nokazoa @Ferda @jeffie43 @dmills3 +Simon I already tagged. Sorry if I forgot anyone.

[Image: jrousseau.gif]
[Image: j7ebBxQ.png] [Image: FbT2Pb1.png]
Canada Knights Canada Knights Canada

When talking about my favorite memories of the SHL, its hard to pick just one or a couple. I would have to say, though, that the start of my SHL career the first time around was no doubt the brightest spot I've ever had on the site and the most fun I've had here for sure. I barely knew what to do at the time all the way back in 2015 (can you believe it?!) but the Montreal Impact locker room was so welcoming and I formed a great bond with many of the players, whether they were ahead of me or in my rookie class and it really helped shape my time here. Then, I was drafted by the West Kendall Platoon and the same thing happened. The GMs and the players were just awesome people and there are so many folks who were large contributors to my being as active as I was back then. Matt Lewis-Flood was a success of a player in part thanks to y'all. Also if it weren't for me sticking around the SHL I would've never joined NSFL and met the masses of friends I have met there as well. I am forever grateful to sim leagues for being a cool part of my life and introducing me to many ridiculously awesome people from around the world!

[Image: 2JcMUJm.png]

I joined the SHL and was a draftee in the S53 class, but was foreign to the world of hockey and quickly lost interest, partially due to my lack of knowledge and partially due to not really having time.However, several of my friends from PBE and NSFL convinced me to come back and try it out again, pointing out that I can just use the PBE PT for all SHL PTs, and I'm glad they did. Hockey is still a foreign concept to me, but I'm glad I have a chance to just enjoy a league and not have to worry about any sim testing, or updating, or anything else that I have to do within other sim leagues. As for things I'm looking forward to, it's mainly just being able to have a relaxing league as I said above. I'm looking forward to being regarded as the biggest steal in SMJHL draft history, and to working my way to a top-10 draft pick in the SHL after bringing home some more trophies with the Detroit Falcons. Jeff and Murtsi are some of my favorite sim league people and I am thrilled to be able to share a locker room with them and to continue to build a dynasty in Detroit.

Code:
213 words

I've only been in the league for about four months now, but I've honestly loved my time here so far and have had the opportunity to meet and get to know a lot of great people. I have a couple of great memories so far. Up on the top of my list has to be the group jack-box and game nights that we have in the New England Wolfpack discord. It's given everyone a great opportunity to hang out and get to know each other better. Between the New England Wolf Pack discord and the Anaheim Outlaw's one, there's always someone on anytime during the day who's up for having a conversation and talking about practically whatever comes to mind. It really builds upon a community aspects. I've also really enjoyed getting to know more about the league from the general managers in the Anaheim Outlaws. It's amazing having the opportunity to help out new players get acquainted with the league from the knowledge that I've received over just these last few short months. I can't wait to spend more time on this league and build upon the memories that I already have of it. I definitely made the right choice joining.