Create Account

SHL 10 Year Anniversary - Bonus PT

The first cut is the deepest, right? So for me most most of the best memories came when I was still very fresh here and on my first player. When talking about in-sim experiences, there is nothing that beats your first draft, the first season in juniors and eventually the big leagues, the first cup, first trade or free agency... All those things are just particularly exciting when you have never experienced them before. Then on top of that there is of course the whole extra layer of personal interactions and friendships that you make along the way and ironically, this aspect of the league might be the one that was the most different back then compared to today, much more so than update scales or PT-systems. Simply put, interaction was much more limited back then, you basically only had one thread in the locker room section on the boards to talk with your teammates and that was about it aside from the forums PM function that was rarely used outside of SHL "business", that's all the interaction there was unless you already knew someone through other means. It's crazy to think back to this time of almost anonymity now that we have Discord and many people regularly link up for voice chats and gaming session but back then personal interactions were much moch scarce and therefore, in a sense much more special. For that reason the thing that I would probably pick as my best memory of the time were the hundreds and hundreds of mails I sent back and forth with GifterOfBikes on all kinds of things, SHL-related or not, even though we had basically just met through HFBoards and hadn't even really start talking until he recruited me to the SHL. I still haven't given up hope that he returns to this league one day!

I joined in 2019 from a Reddit draft, and safe to say that I've had an amazing experience here. I've met so many amazing people, many of whom I've called out before, including @"luketd", who first showed me around; @SpartanGibbles, my current coach; @StamkosFan, another close friend of mine despite not being on the same team; @aaronwilson who was with me on Vancouver and whom I still talk to; my only Minnesota and Russia teammate @drodger91; some other guys on Team Russia like @ztevans; some other guys on Minnesota like @tedlamotors, @Mutedfaith, @Segi; and many others. And thanks to @Geekusoid for calling me out in an earlier post. I try to keep things friendly here. No matter which team we're on, and no matter which teams we hate, the SHL is a giant family of users from all over. We have different life experiences and different ways of having fun. But one thing ties us together in our blood (and skate laces). And that is our love of hockey. Our collective love of hockey unites us, and it makes us all enjoy this site.

It's been chaotic at times, but fun. I've seen my share of peace, of drama, of WHAT THE HELL?!?!, and much more. I've seen wins and losses. I've seen scandals and appeals. I've been praised. I've been insulted. I've called people out on their insults that have gone too far. I've made friends. I've lost friends. But mostly made friends. I'd hug the entire community if I could. Well, most of it. I'll let HO deal with that other part. But overall, it's been a positive experience. I even managed to snag a Four-Star Cup from Anaheim, getting me an S48 win. I legitimately didn't think that would ever happen, especially in my early months here as I struggled to figure out how the site worked.

The SHL has been a very, very fun experience for me and I do not intend to stop it one bit. Here's to another ten years online.

[Image: x9gTXZa.gif]

S48 Four Star Cup Champion (Vancouver Whalers)

There was a time in my personal life where everything felt like it was collapsing around me. My parents were getting divorced at the time, my job was moving, I was moving, my younger sister was coming along, we had to give away most of our dogs...and at that time, I had to back away from the SHL. I had to take a few months that fall to readjust and get accustomed to this brand new life I was never prepared for nor cared to.

One of the happiest memories I've had was when I did come back. In that whole time I denied myself, I found I missed a lot of the people here. And they missed me as dearly. The Rage locker room when I came back was one of the greatest things I've had in any online community. It's the kind of place I'd wanted in so many I'd been in in the past that fell apart due to jealousy, personal ambition, cutthroat intrigue, power struggles...this isn't that kind of place. Manhattan has never been that kind of place under @JayWhy and seeing guys like him and the culture he fostered, and guys like @"luketd" , @39alaska39 , and several others I can thank later...them carrying on what I handed off when I passed on the captaincy has been amazing.

Coming into the Rage and coming back to the Rage after going inactive to get used to the biggest changes ever in my life...even if my player on the ice didn't have a massive resurgence or suddenly take everything over again...I was just glad to be back with friends.

Oh, and winning the Cup a few seasons later made the 11-season grind finally worth at least that one accomplishment.

Speedwagon Player Page | Speedwagon Updates Page 

[Image: speedwagongifsig.gif]

[Image: GoonerBear.gif]
(This post was last modified: 05-06-2020, 10:41 PM by SAwful.)

So, I'm new.
Everything is very new to me here, but I've started to get the hang of things and am getting to know what makes the SHL so great thanks to the expansive number of locker room personalities made available to me by Anchorage.
These people are funny, they're helpful, they all seem to love the SHL and they've started to impart that on me as well by accepting me into the big Armada family. I just want to say thanks to everyone!
Thanks to my rookies in that LR like @Frick_Nasty and @honkerrs for being around to figure things out with me as well as being amazing teammates.
Thanks to @.bojo for randomly showing up and playing on our team and just being one of most genuinely nice people.
Thanks to veteran guys who have been around the block like @bluesfan55 for his spunk, @KenitohMenara for media opportunities and @mdubz for tooling around with me making graphics.
Thanks to the Anchorage GM's @Acsolap and @golden_apricot for taking a chance on me, helping me develop my player and showing me the best version of what an SHL locker room can look like, you guys rock.
And, thanks to all the other alumni and locker room personalities I've gotten to know over the past few weeks/months taking a chance to get to know me more personally and being all around cool people:
@Weretarantula - You're a cool dude, please never stop being cool. Also, please never stop being a cool banker. The world needs more cool dudes like you.
@hotdog - Your hand writing is atrocious and your g's look like f's. Good thing for you you're also a cool dude and I'm glad to have met you.
@Gwdjohnson - I only hope one day I can achieve your level of RAT, it's truly inspirational. Thanks for all the PT's, you don't get enough credit for what you do with player development and engagement.
@ml002 - Another cool dude who's been a great guide and super helpful alumni. Thanks for always being around and down to laugh about anything.
@Ferda - Thanks for always being around to joke with, plenty of jokes still left in the tank.
@frithjofr - You're a madman, never stop.
@DaftRaincloud - Thanks for all the memes and crap. Thanks for this too. It'll be a great memory forever.
@goldenglutes - Also just a super nice guy. Thanks for being you!
@Bongo - You're all about one thing, and one thing only, and that's fine.
@dylanjj37 - I don't even know what to say. You only show up all angry when someone @'s you. But I guess you're cool.

Not on my team, but also just a good friend and all around good dude, @Skeleton Party. I'm sorry you're now Name Redacted, my TD set things in motion that couldn't be anticipated or undone.

I've probably missed people, but you've all been great and give me a good reason to stick around and be a part of this crazy thing. Thanks for being awesome.

[Image: SAwful.gif]

[Image: 4NkSjIm.png]  ||  [Image: 7bttGDC.png]

Armada  ||  Uk  ||  Wolfpack

I've told this story in multiple PT's, so here it is again, the story of when my mom passed. It was almost 4 months after I joined and I hadn't been as active on the site as I had when I started. I was drafted by Buffalo in the interim and while not the most active person in the LR, some of the guys knew something was wrong. I think I snapped at someone because I didn't update. In any case when they reached out to me, I told them I was dealing with the loss of my mom who I took care of. As soon as I finished, at least 3 people reached out to me, the one who stood out and continues to stand out is @karey

Karey messaged me just last week to ask how I was holding up now that it had been a year since her death. With the virus stuff going on, people losing their homes, their jobs, food being hard to find, etc etc, its just amazing to see people who you play games with online come together as a community to ensure that everyone in it whether they be new or old, active or inactive are alright, their taken care of and provide them a means of getting help if they need it.

I champion Buffalo a lot because of how much those involved in Buffalo have taken care of me, checked up on me, made sure I was ok. Its why I say I don't want to play or go anywhere else. I love Buffalo, I love the people involved. @WannabeFinn, @hhh81, @Tomen, @karey, the players.

Everyone in the Buffalo LR. I don't know where I would be without them.

Since I just recently joined the Simulation Hockey League, I really don't know much about the community and the history of the site yet. After a quick evaluation from my experiences in the past month I have come to see that there is a great, positive environment and a friendly, helpful community. I also would like to applaud the users that take many hours out of their day to really make the site what it is. As i previously mentioned, I am new to the site and therefore am eligable for the S55 draft. After creating my character, "Big Terry", I signed a contract with the Colorado Raptors and despite what they had been facing, the leaders of the team still managed a good locker room. A combination of that and my interest in the site lead me to becoming engaged and very interested in the history and works of the site. I was even eager in watching the SMJHL live streams and trying to spot out ifmy character had been scratched or placed in the lineup. All in all I am excited to see what will happen in the S54 SMJHL, and to be added to a new team where I can hopefully learn more about the website and the site's members.

[Image: IYqjgDl.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-07-2020, 06:54 AM by Ferda.)

I joined the SHL at the end of July 2019, which means that this will mark my 10th month on the site and I have to say that I have thoroughly enjoyed me time here due to sheer luck from meeting a bunch of likeminded people who ended up becoming some of my best friends. If I missed your name, then I apologize ahead of time because you can already see there's a metric fuck ton of people in here and you gotta give me a break at some point. Whether you guys will continue to be active on the SHL or not, I want you guys to at least remember that you all have had an overwhelmingly positive impact on some random guy’s life from across the Internet.

BOAT GANG

First off, I need to thank @Acsolap and @artemis along with the scouting crew for the S49 Anchorage draft class (this does not include @RAT) because I’m not sure if I’d be as active as I am now without them as they welcomed me into their locker room with open arms. Imagine if you guys decided that this Ferda guy would be too much of a loose cannon to be drafted into the LR. We might not have ended up with that chip in S51! Anyways, I feel truly blessed to have ended up on the Armada because everyone in that locker room has had some sort of an impact on not only my SHL experience, but also my life. Like many others, I was having trouble handling my mental health at the time and the Anchorage LR was always a safe place for me to escape or learn from the issues I was suffering from at the time. The constant conversations, jokes and stories kept me coming back with a clear mind and increased the bond and comradery that you wouldn't expect from a random hockey forum. It’s clear that there have been so many inside jokes and memes that I can’t possibly name all of them. There are many times that I wish that we could actually have that huge Armada road trip from across the continent/world in only @Jepox ‘s car so that we can all share a drink together.
@DaftRaincloud @Gwdjohnson @Sleepy @dylanjj37 @Budgie @golden_apricot @hotdog @ml002 @ej27 @bluesfan55 @Tomasnz @Weretarantula @boucherfan12 @frithjofr @mdubz

BUFFABROS

Next up, we have my Buffabros who brought me in after quite a stressful S50 SHL draft because I had no idea where I was going to end up and I was actually quite scared that I would end up in a locker room with people who I wouldn’t fit in with. Fortunately, @Tomen and @WannabeFinn (#LEEOUT) drafted me into an LR that has vibes that are almost identical to the ones I get from the Anchorage LR. All of the guys in there are super nice and welcomed me with open arms. Before I truly got comfortable in the LR, I was honestly debating leaving the team when I had the chance, but after seeing how great all of my teammates are and how my GMs continued to field winning teams, it became very hard to leave. I am so glad I made that decision because I don’t think I’d be able to find a group of people as good as you guys. I’m looking forward to many more seasons of success and laughs that we will inevitably have in the LR.
@jfisherr @karey @Mayuu @TnlAstatine @ByrdeMan @Grum @Evok

Team Germany Canada

Finally, I’m ending the team tags at Team Germany Canada. You guys are the main reason why I ended up joining the site in the first place, which was to find a bunch of cool guys to play games with. If it weren’t for that gosh darn gonewild guy stepping down, I’d have left the team a long time ago. Anyways, you guys are the worst guys ever and you guys are lucky that you end up on my team more often than not because there’s only so many spots at the bottom of the scoreboard. Other than games, I’m happy to have met you guys because it’s extended my desire to stay active on the site and in the LR’s because the Team Canada LR has been a great way to get to know guys that aren’t on any of my SHL/SMJHL teams already. I’m grateful for all of you even though you guys make my backpack too heavy. KEKW
@Naosu @jeffie43 @Briedaqueduc @Nokazoa @dmills3 + @Kalakar (because he hasn't even been on Buffalo for a week KEKW)

Other Cute Guys I Want to Kiss

To the rest of you guys that I haven’t listed already, it’s not my fault I haven’t ACTUALLY been on your team, or maybe it’s because you’re all a bunch of CHEATERS nice guys. You guys were the first bunch to tamper get me involved with people outside of my current teams and continue to bring constant laughs and good vibes. Movies or games with the boys always brings a smile to my face even if we lose because there's definitely going to be some banter going on about it that we can't stop laughing about. Cheers to all of you because you're part of the reason why the SHL is so great.
@nour @Gooney @Waters @Hallsy @SecondSucks22 @notorioustig @JSS @HanTheMan_

[Image: image.png]
[Image: dankestmemes69420.gif]

[Image: vhY18i8.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: nBgNUTY.png]
Armada        Canada        Stampede
Falcons        Usa

I joined SHL 5.5 years ago, if I remember correctly I saw a link to this place in the official EA Sports NHL forum, just one thread in the middle of NHL video game-related threads and I happened to see it. Never heard about anything like SHL, so came to take a look. I think I registered right away but forgot about it. I can't remember for sure what happened, but a week or two later I perhaps saw the registration e-mail and came to create a player. That is roughly how it went, been in the league since.

I have been thinking about positive memories and special moments for this PT, a few came to mind.  In a way getting traded early on from Minnesota to LAP with my first player turned out to be a great one when looking back, for example, learned a lot about the league and how to build a player while in LA, @Wasty and @vbottas17 had a cool thing going on, LAP was a fun place to play and to spend time in.

Another positive moment is my first ever cup victory in SHL with Edmonton in S45, that was special, @karlssens and @Keygan built an awesome team, I happened to be in the right place at the right time. Good memories.

Jump to this day, I´m playing in New England, @Ace and @hotdog are running a tight ship, lots of great players who carry the team, meanwhile I´ll sometimes show up. Not in the playoffs though, played poorly in the playoffs, and seeing how Ace and Hotdog made couple trades, the best moment as of late came in the form of adding that NTC in my contract. Old man Kalju keeps on stealing a living!

More of a generally nice thing is the fact that this place introduced me to the simulation hockey world, from here I have also joined other leagues. That whole road has led to me improving my English skills and I have also found out that writing is quite fun.

In the end, 5.5 years is a long time, but I´m still on my second player. There have been good and bad moments, still managed to stay active, so perhaps there will be another five in the schedule for me Wink

It's weird that I'm even in this league because I don't follow hockey that closely. I'm in a couple of other sim leagues and got recruited here because it was looking like it was going to be a shallow draft. I didn't know how active I'd be, but then I got drafted by Anaheim and really fell in love with the locker room and what we were doing as a team. The Outlaws locker room is probably my favorite of all the leagues I'm in so it will be a bit bittersweet to finally be moving up in the SHL world (though the Pride locker room is great as well). My favorite memory of my time in the SHL and with the Outlaws, though, is an obvious one: our Four Star Cup victory last season. I don't think anybody expected us to go as far as we did, but we got into the playoffs, decided it was our year, and never looked back. The energy coming out of the locker room was just so amazing the entire time, because we all knew that everything we had worked so hard for was coming to fruition. I can't think of a better team to have won a cup with, and I'm just so happy I was able to be a part of things and contribute to our victory.

[Image: traphag2.gif]
(sigs courtesy of Carpy48, BDonini, Turd Ferguson, FlappyGiraffe, and Sulovilen)

05-07-2020, 06:28 AMFerda Wrote: I joined the SHL at the end of July 2019, which means that this will mark my 10th month on the site and I have to say that I have thoroughly enjoyed me time here due to sheer luck from meeting a bunch of likeminded people who ended up becoming some of my best friends. If I missed your name, then I apologize ahead of time because you can already see there's a metric fuck ton of people in here and you gotta give me a break at some point. Whether you guys will continue to be active on the SHL or not, I want you guys to at least remember that you all have had an overwhelmingly positive impact on some random guy’s life from across the Internet.

BOAT GANG

First off, I need to thank @Acsolap and @artemis along with the scouting crew for the S49 Anchorage draft class (this does not include @RAT) because I’m not sure if I’d be as active as I am now without them as they welcomed me into their locker room with open arms. Imagine if you guys decided that this Ferda guy would be too much of a loose cannon to be drafted into the LR. We might not have ended up with that chip in S51! Anyways, I feel truly blessed to have ended up on the Armada because everyone in that locker room has had some sort of an impact on not only my SHL experience, but also my life. Like many others, I was having trouble handling my mental health at the time and the Anchorage LR was always a safe place for me to escape or learn from the issues I was suffering from at the time. The constant conversations, jokes and stories kept me coming back with a clear mind and increased the bond and comradery that you wouldn't expect from a random hockey forum. It’s clear that there have been so many inside jokes and memes that I can’t possibly name all of them. There are many times that I wish that we could actually have that huge Armada road trip from across the continent/world in only @Jepox ‘s car so that we can all share a drink together.
@DaftRaincloud @Gwdjohnson @Sleepy @dylanjj37 @Budgie @golden_apricot @hotdog @ml002 @ej27 @bluesfan55 @Tomasnz @Weretarantula @boucherfan12 @frithjofr @mdubz

BUFFABROS

Next up, we have my Buffabros who brought me in after quite a stressful S50 SHL draft because I had no idea where I was going to end up and I was actually quite scared that I would end up in a locker room with people who I wouldn’t fit in with. Fortunately, @Tomen and @WannabeFinn (#LEEOUT) drafted me into an LR that has vibes that are almost identical to the ones I get from the Anchorage LR. All of the guys in there are super nice and welcomed me with open arms. Before I truly got comfortable in the LR, I was honestly debating leaving the team when I had the chance, but after seeing how great all of my teammates are and how my GMs continued to field winning teams, it became very hard to leave. I am so glad I made that decision because I don’t think I’d be able to find a group of people as good as you guys. I’m looking forward to many more seasons of success and laughs that we will inevitably have in the LR.
@jfisherr @karey @Mayuu @TnlAstatine @ByrdeMan @Grum @Evok

Team Germany Canada

Finally, I’m ending the team tags at Team Germany Canada. You guys are the main reason why I ended up joining the site in the first place, which was to find a bunch of cool guys to play games with. If it weren’t for that gosh darn gonewild guy stepping down, I’d have left the team a long time ago. Anyways, you guys are the worst guys ever and you guys are lucky that you end up on my team more often than not because there’s only so many spots at the bottom of the scoreboard. Other than games, I’m happy to have met you guys because it’s extended my desire to stay active on the site and in the LR’s because the Team Canada LR has been a great way to get to know guys that aren’t on any of my SHL/SMJHL teams already. I’m grateful for all of you even though you guys make my backpack too heavy. KEKW
@Naosu @jeffie43 @Briedaqueduc @Nokazoa @dmills3 + @Kalakar (because he hasn't even been on Buffalo for a week KEKW)

Other Cute Guys I Want to Kiss

To the rest of you guys that I haven’t listed already, it’s not my fault I haven’t ACTUALLY been on your team, or maybe it’s because you’re all a bunch of CHEATERS nice guys. You guys were the first bunch to tamper get me involved with people outside of my current teams and continue to bring constant laughs and good vibes. Movies or games with the boys always brings a smile to my face even if we lose because there's definitely going to be some banter going on about it that we can't stop laughing about. Cheers to all of you because you're part of the reason why the SHL is so great.
@nour @Gooney @Waters @Hallsy @SecondSucks22 @notorioustig @JSS @HanTheMan_
Oh god we’re exposed

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Player Page
Update Page

I have a few great memories - i'd like to thank all of the boys for their camaraderie. - Dilk, Frith, Hotdog, Gabe, Ass, Blue, Blues, Honkers, Budgie,Sawful, WT,

My first great memory was the moment that acsolap picked Stavros for his Armada squad a few seasons ago. I had no idea how a sim league worked. I've never been the type to do 'sim' or role play activities (dnd wasn't and still isn't for me lmao), but i've always been a 'front office' guy in madden, nhl and nba2k. I'd barely play the games, even as a child - very weird. Anyway, my time in the junior locker room with the fellas was hilarious.

My second great memory was being drafted to the Los Angeles Panthers organization - I didn't expect to even be selected but they took a chance on me in the third round - we had a few good runs and the boys were awesome.

My third great memory was being traded to the Winnipeg Jets. Kez and the fellas were super cool, and it was pretty fun to be traded, however I drifted too far away from my goals and ended up being an absolute plug - Being semi-inactive with an expiring contract and a poor tpe count, I decided to recreate as ADAM....

My fourth great memory was the CalgaryCumBanner. That was hilarious.

My fifth great memory was being picked up by the Carolina Kraken organization. the boys are best kind and the locker room is reminiscent of the Armada locker room in my rookie season.

Thanks to all who keep the site afloat- your hard work does not go unnoticed
(This post was last modified: 05-07-2020, 09:24 AM by Waters.)

Oh man, where do I even begin. I could write an entire article about every single relationship I've forged on the site, every slip and curve on the path that got me here today. I'm going to keep it short and brief, but after 4 years on the site, there's just so many people to give shout outs to, so don't be offended if i forget you. Actually do be, it's because I hate you and never think of you.

To start with, the Prince George Firebirds of S30. This team sucked ass, but there is 0 doubt that I had a great time here for the 3 seconds it lasted. There's no chance I ever forget you boys, thank you for making my first moments on this site memorable.

@Tomen @RomanesEuntDomus @artermis love you boys.

Some boat players of today I also think are very cute despite never sharing a team with them would be @spooked @Ferda @Acsolap@DaftRaincloud @dylanjj37 @ml002 in order of attractiveness, with ml being by far the most ugly.

After that, you have my second juniors team, the Detroit Falcons. As a GM and a player, this organization has meant a huge amount to me, and there's a ton of guys in there that I am super happy to have drafted and being rdafted by, and I love them to death.

@WannabeFinn @dankoa @Mayuu @grok @"mcgriddlelover" or whatever eero goes by on the site @karey @Fantobens @Baelor Swift @ligma @LB.

Then there's the Winnipeg Jets, who were my home for a small amount of time and were a team I genuinely had a great time on for as long as it lasted, even though the Steelhawks were really my eventual destiny.

@ToeDragon84 @MWHazard @Nereus @FlappyGiraffe @gfridge you all are people I love even if I don't talk to you anymore. Love you all.

Finally, the Hamilton Steelhawks. I could spend millions of years talking about how you've been a part of my life through thick and thin, even when I wasn't directly on the team. The Hamilton Steelhawks have been a huge chunk of my friends through the transition from a teenager to an adult, and you guys are a massive part of what I would call who I am today. There's too many of you to ping, so I'm not going to do it, you know who you are.

Now, it's time for my closest friends. I have nothing to say to you other than to thank you for being such a huge part of my life. I share special moments with all of you, whether I still speak to you consistently or we've drifted apart. You guys mean as much to me as anyone else in the world.

@Pris @ztevans @adamantium @Loco @JSS @Sleepy  @"Jakub" @whatever Han's name is on the site

and, a small cut above the rest, my closest friends of all, people I've known for longer than anybody else and talk to more than anyone else, people I can rely on for a quick vc every night whenever I need it, my Toronto crew + also Hallsy. Love you guys, hope Toronto happens this summer.

@nour
@Gooney
@Gwdjohnson (unfortunately)
@"ThatDamnMcJesus"

also I'd like to make it clear in post that I'm leaving out kimmy especially. Fuck Kimmy, I hate Kimmy.

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Player Page
Update Page

My favorite moment in the SHL since I joined maybe a year ago or so would have to be getting passed around the league like a blunt at a Cypress Hill concert. Don't get me wrong, I probably would have preferred just not being traded at all, but if I was going to be traded, might as well have it happen over and over again. The more it happened, the more the meme surrounding it grew, and the more friends I was able to make in my short stints in some team discords. I got to see more of the SHL teams in a few seasons than most people see in a player's full career. Plus all of that eventually ended with my testing free agency and ending up with Toronto, where I experienced some really high quality stats that got me interested in recreating here. Seeing what the right role, build, and strategy could produce statistically, I got really excited about the possibility of returning and trying to earn to the best of my ability. Now I'm back and having a great time here with my new player, so all of the trades an movement from team to team wound up being for the best I think.

[Image: xOtrQ61.gif]

My favorite memory in the SHL was during my times as the GM of the Detroit Falcons from S37 to S42. During that time, I had a lot of fun talking to many SHL users.I have drafted so many users and most of them are way more active than me today. I enjoyed my time in the Detroit discord. It was very active when I became the GM. I made new friends and I was really happy. Before being a GM, I was kinda bored because I wasn’t doing much in the league. With being a GM, I have put so much time into it. When I got the job, I wasn’t sure if I was good enough because of my lack of experience but we were somehow able to win the cup in our first season. During my five seasons as GM, the Falcons were able to make it to the final three times. I wasn’t able to win for the team again. I remember being always stressed during the draft because I didn’t want to pick a bust but it was all fine when I saw the LR popping off after draft. I really wish I could have stayed a lot longer with the team but unfortunately I had issues outside of the sim league so I had to step down.

[Image: capybar22_600.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-07-2020, 12:09 PM by Zoone16.)

Perhaps my favourite memory on this site is something quite unique. In fact, I don’t think there is anyone else in the SHL that got their current real-life job through meeting someone on the site. Yes. You read that right. I met @Evok through the site 2 years ago and figured out that we worked in the same field. A few weeks later, I get to interview at her company and get the position. I’ve been working here since then and I am very happy for this to have happened. It goes to show that opportunities can arise from anywhere. You just have to be at the right place at the right time and with the right people.

In the SHL, I would say that my favourite memory was becoming the Kelowna Knights GM and raising a solid crop of new players, some of whom have taken up important positions across the league jobs. From veterans recreating like @CFJ & @GeckoeyGecko to active alumni such as @goldenglutes & @ImShiny to the current GM pair ( @Katth & @Naosu ) and to all the ones that I could tag, that went through the highs and lows for 6 seasons with me. Thank You for the great memories. Once a Knight, Always a Knight.

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]